CT16: a new 16x3" EUC from Chicway

null

• null changed the title to CT16 a ACM inspired weirdness from chicway?

I like the design a lot. The price is reasonable too. Is it a 16" wheel? Not so sure about the battery size though. 1kwh for a 50kmh (30mph) wheel seems too small. I also can't picture it getting 60km (37 miles) let alone 100 km (60 miles). No trolley handle would be a real pain for me though. I quite like having the lights built into the power pads assuming they're well protected. Can't wait to hear a review for this one.

I'm impressed.

Yes no trolley is a handicap. It’s supposedly a 16x3 tyre.
I’m not sure about the design but it has a few benefits like massive light and info panel.  🤷🏼 :)

Edited by null

• null changed the title to CT16 a ACM inspired EUC from chicway?

I am actually rather interested for someone to get their hands on it to review. The battery does seem small for most modern wheels, and even on their own page, a "100% original" 2021 Msuper X 84v is only 100 more usd, with the new headlights and a larger (1600wh) battery. Not quite sure who would not want the jump up of a established product with larger battery for the mild price increase. I guess the pedals/pads are nice, perhaps its light to carry.

I love the headlights/taillights built in on each side of the unit, that seems awesome, but likely very floody light with possibly a dead spot very center due to being pushed back in the casing along a wall of plastic, as many have mentioned lack of trolly handle. Also  I am curious about its ground clearance, and unit weight, as it is not listed.

5 hours ago, Sun_Storm said:

And what does "Removable Battery" mean? If it is what I think it is, it might be a killer-feature.

Exactly, but if it was that you'd expect them to also sell extra batteries separately. 

On 4/1/2021 at 1:55 AM, null said:

Yes no trolley is a handicap. It’s supposedly a 16x3 tyre. I’m not sure about the design but it has a few benefits like massive light and info panel. Not sure a seller would have put that much effort in a April’s fool, so it might concretise 🤷🏼 :)

Hi, CT16 is real, and the sample is coming soon. About the trolley, It will be set as an external device.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2021 at 3:51 PM, Sun_Storm said:

And what does "Removable Battery" mean? If it is what I think it is, it might be a killer-feature.

Sorry, that "Removable" is a mistake, I have deleted it. Thank you for reminding me. The battery is non-removable, so it will not be a killer-feature. It'll using the stable 18650 batteries.

1 hour ago, Howes Feng said:

Hi, CT16 is real, and the sample is coming soon. About the trolley, It will be set as an external device.

Great to hear, nice to have a new actor in the EUC space 👍🏻🥂

2 hours ago, Howes Feng said:

What is the weight of the wheel? Is 60km realistic with only a 1036Wh battery? Is 50km/h realistic with only a 1036Wh battery? Will there be an option for a larger battery? Is the handle included in the price? Any photos of the wheel with the lights on at night (front and back)?

• null changed the title to CT16: a new 16x3" EUC from Chicway
On 4/7/2021 at 5:35 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

Is 60km realistic with only a 1036Wh battery? Is 50km/h realistic with only a 1036Wh battery?

Late last year under optimal summer weather, I got 57kms with 20ish% showing on my S18 (& I fit in the average NA weight) so its def possible. That said, I get ~45-50kms in 0-10c conditions so its always gonna be a YMMV. Highest topend I got was ~52kph before tiltback so I assume 50kph is certainly viable on a full charge.

I quite like this CT16a. Their take on front/rear lights on pads are certainly interesting & might be better, if the pads don't fall off on a simple dump. & I love the integrated pads & honeycomb pedals plus the large front led display (hope the numerics are for speed). It would seem pretty complete if they stuck in a mudguard as well. 

If they'd make it 1600wh, it'd be a pretty good option in the mid tier market. As is, if I don't need the extra range, I'd likely take this over the Tesla V3. Nevertheless, another mfgr entry bodes well for end users.

On my 16S, with a 840Wh battery, and I get a max range of 26 miles or about 40km. That's just riding normally at close to 20mph then to whatever speed I'm restricted to as the battery runs out. That's substantially below 60-100km but I do weigh 96kg and I'm not much into hypermiling. Maybe the larger diameter tyre (at the circumference). If I could get a realistic 60+km at around 20mph then I'd be fairly OK with that. I guess it all comes down to real world performance. I'll say again though, I do like the design and hope it's as robust as it looks.

Max I got on my 800wh MCM5v2 was 42kms with 25% showing ave 18mph or so though that was on a very nice winter day (so ~10-12c). I've no doubt I can hit 50+kms on a great summer day. Maybe the reduced mileage is due to rider weight & perhaps (I don't know ofcos) reduced aging battery capacity.

On 4/7/2021 at 4:35 AM, mike_bike_kite said:

Is 60km realistic with only a 1036Wh battery? Is 50km/h realistic with only a 1036Wh battery?

sure (but not at 50km/h), and most probably (mind your battery level). Before I added an extra battery to my 16XS, its 775Wh battery would comfortably run 60km if you kept your speed reasonable. It was/is factory limited to 28mph (45km/h) so add 50% battery and I think both of those numbers are attainable without having to squint too hard.