I heard a rumor about the V11 suspension...

Tadaaa!!!...Not exactly sure... I think I read somewhere (but this old brain with galloping dead cells forgot where) an opinion on a YT video, of an experienced v11 rider/reviewer who said that most guys with V11's were doing it all wrong with the suspension pressure and were putting too much of it causing the feet to lose contact more with the pedals and thus causing, less foot contact, more falls and accidents. 

I found this very interesting, albeit my profound ignorance on the subject. However, since I'm picking mine up tomorrow from a friend, I'd like to get some more insights on this V11 "different" opinion, from  more V11 experienced users here on the forum.

What I got from this guy's opinion - in general- was that one should put less pressure vs own weight on the suspension than what's on the charts, so that the ride becomes smoother and more reliable when finding bigger bumps and terrain irregularities. 

Please bear in mind that I'm 61 years old, about 93/94kgs fully equipped and and I don't do stunts or off-road crazy tours, etc. 

I luv me ol'bones 2 much!!!

Any hints, tips, opinions, experiences, insights, etc on this, please?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

Please bear in mind that I'm 61 years old, about 93/94kgs fully equipped and and I don't do stunts or off-road crazy tours, etc. 

I agree with @mrelwood above. The suspension leaks a little (have to be checked every 1.5 months) and I have ridden mine with lower pressures by accident. Nothing good about it. It’s of course a matter of taste, but I would follow the usual guideline. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The main aspect of the V11 suspension pressure is the sag. No matter if you want to ride at low, medium or high pressures, you need to adjust the top chamber pressure in a way that gets you a suitable amount of sag.

The sag is easily measured from the handle to the control board cover, once without and once with your weight. 3-3.5cm is the range that you need to go for, as well as jump up and down to check whether you top out or bottom out much sooner.

Got it, SAG between 3cm and 3.5cm. Best tutorial video on the v11 I've seen up to date. Thanks @mrelwood

• Like 2

Remember that tire/tube too is part of the "suspension". 

Too little air in it and you risk rim damage. Too hard you will feel the wheel as very alive and hard to tame and it will bounce around a lot. 

Your weight is very similar to mine. I ride with 120psi is lower chamber, and 60psi in top chamber, and tire/tube at 26-28ish psi. I thi k you will find the KS16X tube pressure maybe add 1-3psi extra as you now have suspension to assist you. 

• Like 1