King song 18"

Jed

Hi I just bought a new king song 18".started with speed 21 km/h.after a few days trying to speed up to 30km/h and suddenly engine stop I 

fell like a hell.i ask the dealer whether had any setting,he said just charge and ride only.but I believed it had to be set.may be you guys know anything about it?thanks!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never hear anything and the engine suddenly stop and the wheel very loose without control.i think maybe I bend my body too low to the front because I want to try how fast the speed is.normaly there is beep sound but this time nothing.

30 minutes ago, Jed said:

I never hear anything and the engine suddenly stop and the wheel very loose without control.i think maybe I bend my body too low to the front because I want to try how fast the speed is.normaly there is beep sound but this time nothing.

Hi @Jed may I ask what was your battery level when you had the fall ?

You should only attempt hi speed when the battery is fully charged. Are you using the charge and go method ?

This is terrible, sorry to hear about this. The motor stopped working at 30 or the motor was still working and you just felt that the wheel was suddenly loose and couldnt keep the balance? How do you know it was 30kph, were you looking at the app at that time to determine speed?

King Song have a comparatively good safety record. Do you have the spec of the Wheel you were riding, 520Wh/680Wh, etc? Were you going up a hill? Was it a rapid acceleration or a gradual increase in speed?  Do you remember if it gave out suddenly or was a momentary loss of power. 

Obviously I'll feed all this info back to KS HQ... 

I'll been riding about 2 month.it is not the skill because l fell, because I can feel the motor suddenly stop and l'm lost balance 

its like we never on the switch and it just off balance when we stand on the pedal.

Hi neale gray the battery left half when I was speeding,

hi cloud I already test drive using my cycle computer apps in my iPhone and it show 22 kph for a few days

and today l try to go twice the speed but I didn't use any apps at that time.

hi Jason mcneil my euc spec is 680Wh 1200w and is on a flat tar road that's why l try to test drive it

and it was a momentary loss of power

17 minutes ago, Jed said:

hi Jason mcneil my euc spec is 680Wh 1200w and is on a flat tar road that's why l try to test drive it

and it was a momentary loss of power

Is there anything that can confirm the motor within it? Did the reseller advertise this model as a 1,200W? As far as I'm aware, there is a variant of the 18A with a 1,100W motor but according to KS sources is still undergoing testing... 

If it is indeed the 1,100W, here's a theory: the 680Wh battery pack uses the LG MG1, which in my opinion is a completely outdated cell (along with the Panasonic BD's, Sony's V3 & NC1). The max rated power is only around 6-8A & suffers from a precipitous voltage drop at that. With the 500-800W motors this is still within an acceptable range, but on a 1,100W motor, the power requirements per kph are probably higher than the 14" 800W. If that's the case, the battery simply wasn't able to keep up with you.  

I've been battling with KS to replace the MG1 as their preferred cell for months (my KS wheels going forward, will only contain higher powered cells), the MG1 is just not fit for purpose with motors like the 1,100W monster. 

6 hours ago, Jed said:

hi cloud I already test drive using my cycle computer apps in my iPhone and it show 22 kph for a few days

and today l try to go twice the speed but I didn't use any apps at that time......

Wait a second...

1) you tried to go twice the speed of 22kph? 44kph? You said this hapoened at 30 kph, but still not clear what made you believe it was exactly 30kph? You said you werent using the app to determine the speed at that time

2) you said you never heard any beeps. Does this mean you never ever during the 2 minths if riding heard any speed warning from your wheel? Was your wheel first locked to 20kph, did you have to unlock the higher speed? When it was locked, was there any speed beeps around 22kph or any tiltback?

3) you said youve been riding about 2 months, so you may have an earlier version of the software/ control board. What was the top advertized speed of the wheel? Was it perhaps 28kph or was it 35 kph, 40 kph or 32 kph? Is it possible that the top speed was to be 28kph, you accelerated fast, experienced the unexpected tiltback and couldnt keep the balance? The wheel then fell to the side and shut itself off? Was the battery indicator on after you picked up the wheel or was it off?

4) how aggressive was your acceleration? Did you accelerate slowly or rapidly?

The key to what happened may be in your responses to the above. 

thanks

Hope you doing good Jed, i been testing this weekend the 1100W with a1360Wh battery driving to 30km/h, probably 33km/h on the APP for some long drive and so fare i didn't cross any shutdown and hope not crossing any.

when i check the CEL LG-18650 MG1 2850mAh 10A 3.62V , LG advert to be 10A , is it the same one we talk about ?

By the Jed, can we know where did you buy your KS ?

specs MG1.jpg

27 minutes ago, sylvere said:

i been testing this weekend the 1100Wh with a1360Wh battery driving to 30km/h, probably 33km/h on the APP for some long drive and so fare i didn't cross any shutdown and hope not crossing any.

when i check the CEL LG-18650 MG1 2850mAh 10A 3.62V , LG advert to be 10A 

Not to be pedantic ;) but power should be 1100W, not Wh (unit of energy). 

It's also important to look at the actual test data & not just the spec sheet. Yes, they say the 'Max discharge' is 10A, but as is seen in this graph, even at 1.5C, (only 4.5A), it really suffers from voltage sag.

56789a5da531c_LGMG1.png.f2ce8691a67d278d

Hi slowmo the motor shut down when speeding and at that time I can see the battery and bluetooth lights off

because is facing front.l place the battery and bluetooth led facing front and before it fell I can hear Bluetooth songs .

while felling off the euc it's just silent and my euc keep rolling on the ground.then I run to pick it up and everything is on back 

to normal and the songs continue on.

Jed not sure i understand all,  English is not my mother language. When you say when you picked up the EUC everything is back on, MOTOR  was OFF after you you picked up ? did you have to power ON to make it work again  ?

Hi cloud I'm doing the acceleration rapidly because I want to know how aggressively this ks18 can speed.

lm already gentle riding it at 22kph for a few days without any problem.maybe this euc is for gentle riding only.

Hi sylvere maybe l speed it rapidly so it cannot support the aggression.l bought it from aliexpress.

Hi @Jed, please understand that driver load is the biggest influence on the performance you will enjoy.

To find you maximum speed you must accelerate slowly and feel for the feedback through the pedals, really get used to the unicycle before pushing the devices limits, the device does have limits.. "Your" maximum safe speed will become obvious the more you ride, stay under this speed unless you are preparing yourself for a fall by wearing the correct safety clothing.

I have participated in motor sport a long time and the light weight people have a performance advantage even in high powered motorcycles such as 1000cc super bikes so do not be too disappointed at the maximum speed you do eventually find.

Reduce your maximum speed to maintain safety as the battery discharges.

Please approach maximum speed from a sporting prospective not general riding use.

Milbay customer service knowledge results from the many thousands of kilometres testing and expertise from our technical team.

I hope this helps you better understand the KS18

Hi sylvere the motor authomaticly on and the bluetooth songs continue to sing when l pick it up from that fall.

but all is off while l'm falling.

Hi Neale gray what is"charge and go method"?

Hi cloud the motor suddenly stopped but if the motor still running l would not fall because l will get balanced.and l'm quite well dealing with speed.because l'm riding motocross and mountain biking long time.maybe if never been this experienced before they will get nervous and fall because speed is fast.

Hi sylvere what is the brand you using?is it king song 18"?can it be set?did u see my images I send?is it the same?but my one cannot be set!

l also ask the dealer can it be set,but he said just charge it and used.

Jed , i'm using the KINGSONG KS-18A 1100W 1360Wh

Can you double check with your reseller the exactly SPEC of this KINGSONG KS-18A, 1200W motor does not exist.

Maybe if you tell us where you buy it , we can double check  the real spec. There is a problem somewhere.

The strange think is normally if a motor CUT OFF like you say, the motor should be OFF when you pick it up on the floor and it's not the case apparently.

Not sure what happen to you, if it is because you asked to much to the KS-18 or not,  i been pushing on my KS-18 with no problem so fare

To check you speed in the APP , click SETTING FOR SPEED LIMTE and make a screen shot

Hi sylvere I'll already click the setting for speed limits in that apps but there's no function.do your apps have any function?

it just written "Equipment is unconnected".maybe it have password!image.thumb.jpg.6bf98209813ecac8adf00eb5

Archived