King song 18"

Jed

On 12/22/2015 at 6:53 PM, sylvere said:

Jed , i'm using the KINGSONG KS-18A 1100W 1360Wh

Can you double check with your reseller the exactly SPEC of this KINGSONG KS-18A, 1200W motor does not exist.

Maybe if you tell us where you buy it , we can double check  the real spec. There is a problem somewhere.

The strange think is normally if a motor CUT OFF like you say, the motor should be OFF when you pick it up on the floor and it's not the case apparently.

Not sure what happen to you, if it is because you asked to much to the KS-18 or not,  i been pushing on my KS-18 with no problem so fare

To check you speed in the APP , click SETTING FOR SPEED LIMTE and make a screen shot

People are saying that these specs are weird. Is there a such thing as a 591 Wh battery or is it just an underclocked 680 Wh battery? This is the model that I have: KS-18A 800W motor 18in. 

Screenshot_2016-01-01-10-20-19.png

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On December 25, 2015 at 10:16 AM, tinawong said:

@Jed

Hi yashaya l already go to the setting but there's no function so how l'm gonna go to the setting.tina from kingsong.com said that my ewheel is illegal.l sent images to you一

This is Tina from King Song Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.  Our official distributor in USA @Jason McNeil informed me that you have suffered issues of our KS-18A.

I am really sorry to hear about that, hope you feel much better now.

1) From your description, it is not a " cut-off" issue, if the power cut off, you have to power on to restart, but from your description, the unicycle back to " normal status" without " power on"

2) It's better to test the top speed under full charge, at least above 80%, cause the motor power varies with the battery level. If battery is in low status, the voltage will drop quickly.

3) Can you hear beepings when the wheel spins away from the ground? If over speed, you should have heard beeping.   Of course, I don't know the default setting of your wheel, maybe you set beepings at 30km/h or 32km/h. 

3) I noticed that you bought it from Aliexpress.  For king song, our official sales channels to oversea market is from our oversea distributors or from King Song directly for the market we don't have distributors yet.  If you buy from other channels,  they can't solve your issues effectively. Of course, it is part out of our own reason, don't offer a public list of our distributors.  We will update this on our new website www.kingsong.com . 

4)May I know when you got your model? Could you pls offer more details to me?  So i can check the details of your wheel and solve  app issues for you.

My email address is: tina@szkingsong.com, you can send me email.

Regarding the discussion of motor. It is 1100w. The reason why the supplier print 1200w is due to different calculate methods. Based on our calculation, the motor is 1100w, sorry for the confusions. Already offered feedback to our company, will pay more attention.

Regarding the top speed. Since Octorber, our default setting is:  beeping at 18km/h, 19km/h, tilt back at 20km/h. By unlock, end users can set  maximum speed:

KS-14B 500w  25km/h

KS-14C 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 1100w 40km/h

The above setting is out of safety consideration. We want to leave as much as speed gap between our top speed and the maximum speed under full charge. King Song insists

that safety is the most important things.

Any feedback or good suggestions of King Song unicycles, welcome to send me emails , maybe we can't update immediately, but we will definitely listen to your advices and keep 

going on.

How to unlock 

1 hour ago, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

People are saying that these specs are weird. Is there a such thing as a 591 Wh battery or is it just an underclocked 680 Wh battery? This is the model that I have: KS-18A 800W motor 18in. 

1 hour ago, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

2 hours ago, HJ said:

Boy is this exciting.  Take a look at this  new video.  Can't wait to receive my KS 18. 

H

Wow! I am so impressed to how you are able to sit on it with ease. I need that saddle! It's the SADDLE! Just take my money, man! 

Also, I am super jealous because your pavements are so EVEN! In South Korea, the pavements are so lopsided, uneven and bumpy, it's hard to ride the wheel on it :( I will show you a picture of these uneven, concrete pavements. They put these huge yellow, bumpy bike "lines" to encourage people to ride on the pavements and not the street. But, even on bikes, the pavements are so bumpy, the riding experience is dull, uncontrolled and just plain a terrible, unending balancing act. I will show it later~~ ;) 

I don't think that is HJ's video, as he said he was still waiting for his wheel. The video appears to have been filmed by a guy in northern Germany.

No, not me.  Hopefully soon though. 

You know, that's exactly why I wanted he KS-18.  To me the ability to sit or stand is the deal maker.  I think I'd get tired standing for 20 km or more.  Couple the comfort of sitting  with a big battery and a big motor and you've got a new paradigm in electric transport.    I'm not really one for spins and tricks, just plan to to relax and eat the miles (hopefully not the pavement).  Once I receive mine (1100 motor, 1360 batt), ordered at Xmas), and I start to ride, I'll post my own video. For now, just waitin'.  

H

On January 2, 2016 at 7:12 AM, HJ said:

Boy is this exciting.  Take a look at this  new video.  Can't wait to receive my KS 18. 

Hello everybody,did anybody know how to repair euc?my euc ks18" has 6 month warranty.after that l have to take care myself.

in my country Malaysia don't have euc distributor yet.so if something happen to my euc how?any suggestion?

15 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hello everybody,did anybody know how to repair euc?my euc ks18" has 6 month warranty.after that l have to take care myself.

in my country Malaysia don't have euc distributor yet.so if something happen to my euc how?any suggestion?

If your wheel is in good shape now, i wouldnt be worried at this moment. There is nothing you can do in advance. When/ if it actually breaks after your warranty period is over, then you should figure out whats broken and see if you can just replace the broken part. Certain things you can replace yourself. At that point id ask kingsong or another distributor to sell you the actual item you need replaced.

4 minutes ago, Cloud said:

If your wheel is in good shape now, i wouldnt be worried at this moment. There is nothing you can do in advance. When/ if it actually breaks after your warranty period is over, then you should figure out whats broken and see if you can just replace the broken part. Certain things you can replace yourself. At that point id ask kingsong or another distributor to sell you the actual item you need replaced.

Hi cloud,l'm not worrying about external is about internal.before this l have one euc that l use not more than a month and is 

condemned!so l send to the reseller and waited for 2 month then after that they said have to sent back to China at least 2 weeks 

reach there.untill now l'm waiting.but this euc without brand.

image.jpeg

I understand it will break internally. Like yourself, i didnt have any prior unicycke experience as of 4 months ago, but by now i can replace major parts in the kingsong unicycle. Its not that difficult. In any case, i dont know if there is anything you need to do right now - maybe you can ask whoever you bought the wheel from to sell you an extended warranty, or maybe one of the dealers will do that for you. But what good is that if you will have to ship the unit to another country anyway? If i were you i would not worry about it until it actually happens and then figure out if you can replace the broken part yourself, if this ever happens.

chances are, in a year from now, your unicycle will be obsolete and you will buy another one anyway :) 

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

I understand it will break internally. Like yourself, i didnt have any prior unicycke experience as of 4 months ago, but by now i can replace major parts in the kingsong unicycle. Its not that difficult. In any case, i dont know if there is anything you need to do right now - maybe you can ask whoever you bought the wheel from to sell you an extended warranty, or maybe one of the dealers will do that for you. But what good is that if you will have to ship the unit to another country anyway? If i were you i would not worry about it until it actually happens and then figure out if you can replace the broken part yourself, if this ever happens.

chances are, in a year from now, your unicycle will be obsolete and you will buy another one anyway :) 

Hi cloud,now my ks18" is 1200w,680wh,do you think it can upgrade to 1360wh or more?

9 hours ago, Jed said:

I can't help you with repairs, but if you want to get the best performance out of your battery, you should avoid keeping it stored fully charged or discharged for longer periods of time. Both are very bad for the battery, especially in a hot country like Malaysia. Storing you battery at a little under half full (40% or so) is ideal.

On 1/4/2016 at 0:39 PM, mhpr262 said:

I can't help you with repairs, but if you want to get the best performance out of your battery, you should avoid keeping it stored fully charged or discharged for longer periods of time. Both are very bad for the battery, especially in a hot country like Malaysia. Storing you battery at a little under half full (40% or so) is ideal.

And it is most important to not store close to 100% for long periods of time. The life time gain from storing at 80% instead of 100% is much larger than the gain from storing at 60% instead of 80% or storing at 40% instead of 60%. 

EDIT: I have troubles to find the source for this right now. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2016 at 3:59 AM, Jed said:

Hi cloud,l'm not worrying about external is about internal.before this l have one euc that l use not more than a month and is 

condemned!so l send to the reseller and waited for 2 month then after that they said have to sent back to China at least 2 weeks 

reach there.untill now l'm waiting.but this euc without brand.

@Jed be really careful witn this kind of EU. This is the one that I had my accident with. See Report here. I am still under "reconstruction" because the EUpedal broke my right leg.

On January 1, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Yashaya Yasharahla said:

Hello my friend,let's say;if my Ks18A 1200w can run 40km/h,if l exit the limits to 41km/h will the motor just stopped and(pok kai)in Chinese words) means "smack down to ground"?l really upset about this ks18A.why would someone invented this machine to kill.l know someone would say that is my skill problem but if you have experience in euc you can watch my video in YouTube "Malaysia kingsong".l ride off road hill jungle palm plantation .if is my skill l would have been kill long time.l doing this more than 10 years motocrossing trail biking Mtb climbing this kind of environment for long time.so l want to confirm that this is the kingsong ks18A error!the reseller said is my skill.l told him that l will pay all the shipping to send back from Malaysia to China for him to test.but he have to test it himself alone!!!still never answer me!

This is the first incident road.no off road no hill no sand just a nice tar road.l test speed the first time on this open nice road not more than 20km/h,,,,the motor just suddenly f...kng stopped n l loose balance n (pok kai) smack down to the ground.

image.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hello my friend,let's say;if my Ks18A 1200w can run 40km/h,if l exit the limits to 41km/h will the motor just stopped and(pok kai)in Chinese words) means "smack down to ground"?l really upset about this ks18A.why would someone invented this machine to kill.l know someone would say that is my skill problem but if you have experience in euc you can watch my video in YouTube "Malaysia kingsong".l ride off road hill jungle palm plantation .if is my skill l would have been kill long time.l doing this more than 10 years motocrossing trail biking Mtb climbing this kind of environment for long time.so l want to confirm that this is the kingsong ks18A error!the reseller said is my skill.l told him that l will pay all the shipping to send back from Malaysia to China for him to test.but he have to test it himself alone!!!still never answer me!

This is the first incident road.no off road no hill no sand just a nice tar road.l test speed the first time on this open nice road not more than 20km/h,,,,the motor just suddenly f...kng stopped n l loose balance n (pok kai) smack down to the ground.

image.jpeg

In your first post you were saying the speed was 30 kph. Now you are saying it was 20. Did you have a different incident where the speed cut out at 20 ? Also in the beginning of your post above you are asking about cutting out over 40. Also in one of your earlier posts you mentioned you were riding at 22 and then decided to go at twice that speed?

I am sure you know how exactly the cut off happened but i think the way you are communicating it may make an impression that you are unsure how hard you pushed the wheel. You may be very skilled at motorcross, but it doesnt mean you can apply exactly the same techniques and push eucs as hard.  All of this may be the reason the reseller is all happy to say it was your error. Unfortunately it will be hard to prove to the seller that the unit is broken unless you can recreate the shut down....or demonstrate abnormal behavior...but i hope for your sake that i am wrong.

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

In your first post you were saying the speed was 30 kph. Now you are saying it was 20. Did you have a different incident where the speed cut out at 20 ? Also in the beginning of your post above you are asking about cutting out over 40. Also in one of your earlier posts you mentioned you were riding at 22 and then decided to go at twice that speed?

I am sure you know how exactly the cut off happened but i think the way you are communicating it may make an impression that you are unsure how hard you pushed the wheel. You may be very skilled at motorcross, but it doesnt mean you can apply exactly the same techniques and push eucs as hard.  All of this may be the reason the reseller is all happy to say it was your error. Unfortunately it will be hard to prove to the seller that the unit is broken unless you can recreate the shut down....or demonstrate abnormal behavior...but i hope for your sake that i am wrong.

hi @Cloudyou know when something live is going on you are panic u can't'  have the exactly explanation.20 or 30 is just between.l said l try to go 40 only but it's already happen before it reach 40.u said that is different between motocross n euc but l'm not on off road as you seen the first incident road I send.but for common sense if you invented something do you want to punish people if they don't follow instruction.this is just a sport it's not criminal case and this is business that profit so if never follow the rules is a death sentence,is it right?

even though we are not following instruction just invent it to be that same speed and won't exceed more than that!if you invent it to 'suddenly motor stopped'if exceed limits,that is call murderer.do you know if the motor stopped at 25km/h how bad is the situation?do you know @Geowurmjust 8km/h his euc motor stopped and fell n broke his leg n need 6 month to recovered.

1 hour ago, Jed said:

hi @Cloudyou know when something live is going on you are panic u can't'  have the exactly explanation.20 or 30 is just between.l said l try to go 40 only but it's already happen before it reach 40.u said that is different between motocross n euc but l'm not on off road as you seen the first incident road I send.but for common sense if you invented something do you want to punish people if they don't follow instruction.this is just a sport it's not criminal case and this is business that profit so if never follow the rules is a death sentence,is it right?

even though we are not following instruction just invent it to be that same speed and won't exceed more than that!if you invent it to 'suddenly motor stopped'if exceed limits,that is call murderer.do you know if the motor stopped at 25km/h how bad is the situation?do you know @Geowurmjust 8km/h his euc motor stopped and fell n broke his leg n need 6 month to recovered.

You're having a kS18-1100W/ 680 Wh? Following this thread and the battery one I feel the KS18 is operated on the limit of the battery.  I think I'll go with GW now. No interest in riding a not properly tested EU. As I'm a cruiser I never will have a problem with the high speed power cut.

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

You're having a kS18-1100W/ 680 Wh? Following this thread and the battery one I feel the KS18 is operated on the limit of the battery.  I think I'll go with GW now. No interest in riding a not properly tested EU. As I'm a cruiser I never will have a problem with the high speed power cut.

Hi @OliverHit's writen there 1200w!/680wh!l think this model have not been tested well or this is the illegal euc that Tina kingsong.com said to me.

image.png

All this talk of possible problems but I've lately been riding a KS18 1100 / 680 and can report I've had no problem. 
I plainly can not accept that a design fault is the reason behind falling @20kph on flat road and full battery. Must be an individual problem with one unit

Archived