King song 18"

Jed

3 hours ago, castShadow said:

On an EU the tire is connected to the stator.  It's like magic  :D

Hmm. Isn't this the rotor? 

The stator us connected to the shaft and has no movement and operates with he arms and pedals.

The side covers of the motor are sitting with bearings on the shaft and us connected with the rim where the mag eats are glued on inside. I call this the rotor. The tire than sits on the rim. This parts are rotating by the magnetic force.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Дмитрий Дмитрий said:

купила этот человек -он живет 30 км от меня, и в следующие выходные я хочу добраться до него , протеста. В дискуссии на российском форуме. вы можете использовать Google переводчик

http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=29428.msg720741#msg720741

IMG_3316.JPG

Как вам сиденье, Дмитрий? Удобно сидеть на нем, или бесполезное оно? Спасибо. Миша

Informations we got today is that motor marqued 1200W for some market are the one in 1100W

On the model 1320wh,  batteries are build on the PANASONIC NCR18650PF ( 2900), on the 680W can be LG or Panasonic

Batterie 680wh for the motor 800W and the 1360Wh for the motor in 1100W in France

Typically, a high drain 18650 battery has internal impedance about 0.05 ohms. It is higher when the battery voltage is at low end of the working range. A good brand new battery can be lower.

We assume the impedance of other part can be ignored.

For a 16s1p (16 series, 1 parallel) battery pack (rated 3.7V each, 59.2 total), the total internal impedance is 0.8 ohms.

We assume the motor controller set the low voltage protection threshold at 48V (3V for each battery). At rated voltage of 59.2V, the maximum voltage drop is 11.2V, or the maximum current is

11.2/0.8 = 14A.

So the maximum peak power of the battery pack can give at rated voltage is

48V*14A = 672W.

Generally, the more battery in parallel, the larger the output peak power. 

680wh battery is a 16s3p battery, ideally, it should be good to output a peak power of 2000w. 

For a 1.1kw motor, the peak power it can handle is at least 3 times of the rated power, or about 3.3kw. Even 3p battery pack is not enough for its demand, 2p is definitely under powered. 

4 hours ago, Jimicycle said:

Typically, a high drain 18650 battery has internal impedance about 0.05 ohms. It is higher when the battery voltage is at low end of the working range. A good brand new battery can be lower.

We assume the impedance of other part can be ignored.

For a 16s1p (16 series, 1 parallel) battery pack (rated 3.7V each, 59.2 total), the total internal impedance is 0.8 ohms.

We assume the motor controller set the low voltage protection threshold at 48V (3V for each battery). At rated voltage of 59.2V, the maximum voltage drop is 11.2V, or the maximum current is

11.2/0.8 = 14A.

So the maximum peak power of the battery pack can give at rated voltage is

48V*14A = 672W.

Generally, the more battery in parallel, the larger the output peak power. 

680wh battery is a 16s3p battery, ideally, it should be good to output a peak power of 2000w. 

For a 1.1kw motor, the peak power it can handle is at least 3 times of the rated power, or about 3.3kw. Even 3p battery pack is not enough for its demand, 2p is definitely under powered. 

That's why I also say they need at least a third battery pack to get more capacity. This stuff is not engineered serious enough. That's a problem in general. Development/ testing has to move over to the western countries.

But most of the distributors are box movers and have no clue what they sell. I'm not talking about guys like @Jason McNeil or @Neale Gray.

@Jed

This is Tina from King Song Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.  Our official distributor in USA @Jason McNeil informed me that you have suffered issues of our KS-18A.

I am really sorry to hear about that, hope you feel much better now.

1) From your description, it is not a " cut-off" issue, if the power cut off, you have to power on to restart, but from your description, the unicycle back to " normal status" without " power on"

2) It's better to test the top speed under full charge, at least above 80%, cause the motor power varies with the battery level. If battery is in low status, the voltage will drop quickly.

3) Can you hear beepings when the wheel spins away from the ground? If over speed, you should have heard beeping.   Of course, I don't know the default setting of your wheel, maybe you set beepings at 30km/h or 32km/h. 

3) I noticed that you bought it from Aliexpress.  For king song, our official sales channels to oversea market is from our oversea distributors or from King Song directly for the market we don't have distributors yet.  If you buy from other channels,  they can't solve your issues effectively. Of course, it is part out of our own reason, don't offer a public list of our distributors.  We will update this on our new website www.kingsong.com . 

4)May I know when you got your model? Could you pls offer more details to me?  So i can check the details of your wheel and solve  app issues for you.

My email address is: tina@szkingsong.com, you can send me email.

Regarding the discussion of motor. It is 1100w. The reason why the supplier print 1200w is due to different calculate methods. Based on our calculation, the motor is 1100w, sorry for the confusions. Already offered feedback to our company, will pay more attention.

Regarding the top speed. Since Octorber, our default setting is:  beeping at 18km/h, 19km/h, tilt back at 20km/h. By unlock, end users can set  maximum speed:

KS-14B 500w  25km/h

KS-14C 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 1100w 40km/h

The above setting is out of safety consideration. We want to leave as much as speed gap between our top speed and the maximum speed under full charge. King Song insists

that safety is the most important things.

Any feedback or good suggestions of King Song unicycles, welcome to send me emails , maybe we can't update immediately, but we will definitely listen to your advices and keep 

going on.

On 24.12.2015 at 6:57 AM, Jimicycle said:

I believe 680Wh batteries are actually 16S4P, as the highest available 16S is 210Wh with 3.5Ah (3500mAh) cells. So three packs could "only" get up to 630Wh. I believe the 680Wh set is actually 4 * 172Wh (2900mAh cells) = 688Wh.

It seems obvious to me from the first few posts that there is nothing wrong with the wheel and that it was simply out leaned when already travelling at a good speed. This is why it reset itself when it was picked up.

Experience tells you that acceleration should be a gradual process and not a sudden jerk application of forward pressure unless you are testing the limits of the wheel and are ready to run it off.

Any wheel can be out leaned in this way.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 7:14 PM, OliverH said:

That's why I also say they need at least a third battery pack to get more capacity. This stuff is not engineered serious enough. That's a problem in general. Development/ testing has to move over to the western countries.

But most of the distributors are box movers and have no clue what they sell. I'm not talking about guys like @Jason McNeil or @Neale Gray.

@OliverH thank you,Milbay Australia, @Jason McNeil KS France and other genuine KS distributors have spent/do spend a great deal of technical effort to understand our unicycle products over a long period of time. The high level of customer service we offer is because we are all genuine businesses with long term view of our involvement in EU sales and supply.

Our home countries all have very strict compliance but most of all we have very strong consumer protection laws. operating in our countries does add a little to the cost because we pay all taxes and provide strong long warranties for consumers.

When you buy from an authorised distributor in your region you can go back to the distributor for advise and customer service. All transport devices will at sometime need tyres, tubes, batteries or breakdown components to keep operating in premium condition. Support your local EU distributors so they can better support you, a couple of dollars extra at purchase time may in the end provide a more pleasant experience over the lifetime of your purchase.

Happy riding in 2016

Hi everybody could you all tell me whether that if l never set the speed to the max,could it be cut off if speed

up to the max speed or it just will continue in a low speed and won't cut off.lm confusing now and l'm in a phobia

while riding now.

On December 25, 2015 at 10:16 AM, tinawong said:

@Jed

This is Tina from King Song Sports Equipment Co., Ltd.  Our official distributor in USA @Jason McNeil informed me that you have suffered issues of our KS-18A.

1) From your description, it is not a " cut-off" issue, if the power cut off, you have to power on to restart, but from your description, the unicycle back to " normal status" without " power on"

2) It's better to test the top speed under full charge, at least above 80%, cause the motor power varies with the battery level. If battery is in low status, the voltage will drop quickly.

3) Can you hear beepings when the wheel spins away from the ground? If over speed, you should have heard beeping.   Of course, I don't know the default setting of your wheel, maybe you set beepings at 30km/h or 32km/h. 

3) I noticed that you bought it from Aliexpress.  For king song, our official sales channels to oversea market is from our oversea distributors or from King Song directly for the market we don't have distributors yet.  If you buy from other channels,  they can't solve your issues effectively. Of course, it is part out of our own reason, don't offer a public list of our distributors.  We will update this on our new website www.kingsong.com . 

4)May I know when you got your model? Could you pls offer more details to me?  So i can check the details of your wheel and solve  app issues for you.

Regarding the discussion of motor. It is 1100w. The reason why the supplier print 1200w is due to different calculate methods. Based on our calculation, the motor is 1100w, sorry for the confusions. Already offered feedback to our company, will pay more attention.

Regarding the top speed. Since Octorber, our default setting is:  beeping at 18km/h, 19km/h, tilt back at 20km/h. By unlock, end users can set  maximum speed:

KS-14B 500w  25km/h

KS-14C 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 1100w 40km/h

The above setting is out of safety consideration. We want to leave as much as speed gap between our top speed and the maximum speed under full charge. King Song insists

Any feedback or good suggestions of King Song unicycles, welcome to send me emails , maybe we can't update immediately, but we will definitely listen to your advices and keep 

going on.

(Min Zhang: it Max Speed: 40km/hMin Zhang: Will not stall because the top speed.The product of 30 km/h speed limitMin Zhang: Will not stall because the top speed.The product of 30 km/h speed limit) Min Zhang: Hello,
You only need to charge and then turned on to use )(this is all the reseller feedback when l'm asking him whether this euc can be set or not!!!

On December 25, 2015 at 10:16 AM, tinawong said:

@Jed

KS-14B 500w  25km/h

KS-14C 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 800w 30km/h

KS-18A 1100w 40km/h

going on.

Order ID: 71332180878187 View Detail

Order time & date: 02:13 Dec. 01 2015

l bought it from the dated above.

48 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hi everybody could you all tell me whether that if l never set the speed to the max,could it be cut off if speed

up to the max speed or it just will continue in a low speed and won't cut off.lm confusing now and l'm in a phobia

while riding now.

Under normal operation this wheel should not be cutting off even if you are riding at higher speed because the wheel will tilt back and prevent you from exceeding its limit.  However any thing can break. So noone will give an absolute guarantee.  Riding at lower speed lowers the probability of any accidents or exceeding the motor limit. You should be fine but at the same time you should be prepared/ wear protective gear in case god forbit something happens or if there is any malfunction

On December 22, 2015 at 2:20 PM, Jed said:

Hi sylvere the motor authomaticly on and the bluetooth songs continue to sing when l pick it up from that fall.

but all is off while l'm falling.

Hi Neale gray what is"charge and go method"?

On December 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Neale Gray said:

Hi @Jed may I ask what was your battery level when you had the fall ?

You should only attempt hi speed when the battery is fully charged. Are you using the charge and go method ?

On December 21, 2015 at 9:09 PM, Neale Gray said:

Hi @Jed may I ask what was your battery level when you had the fall ?

You should only attempt hi speed when the battery is fully charged. Are you using the charge and go method ?

Hi neale 'charge n go method' means eventhough you have 80% batttery also have to charge?is it? If yes can our battery

condemm fast?l heard people said that if batttery still full and we still charge it,it'll be condemned fast!!!

12 minutes ago, Cloud said:

Under normal operation this wheel should not be cutting off even if you are riding at higher speed because the wheel will tilt back and prevent you from exceeding its limit.  However any thing can break. So noone will give an absolute guarantee.  Riding at lower speed lowers the probability of any accidents or exceeding the motor limit. You should be fine but at the same time you should be prepared/ wear protective gear in case god forbit something happens or if there is any malfunction

Hi cloud what it means 'tilt back'?is it like braking system?but my situation is that my wheel like no brake at all.l mean loose!!

6 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hi neale 'charge n go method' means eventhough you have 80% batttery also have to charge?is it? If yes can our battery

condemm fast?l heard people said that if batttery still full and we still charge it,it'll be condemned fast!!!

Hi cloud what it means 'tilt back'?is it like braking system?but my situation is that my wheel like no brake at all.l mean loose!!

Hi cloud how about if we bend too low?will the motor cut off?

4 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hi @Jed, yes it means recharge after every use regardless of current charge level. "Fast charge" uses a completely different charger - higher output

Just now, Neale Gray said:

Hi @Jed, yes it means recharge after every use regardless of current charge level. "Fast charge" uses a completely different charger - higher output

What different charger neale?is it the one come with ks18?will the battery condemm fast?

Just now, Jed said:

What different charger neale?is it the one come with ks18?will the battery condemm fast?

Hi @Jed I would expect you received the standard charger 2A please have a look at the charger to check. This is the problem with buying off non distributors you miss out on receiving advice before you buy.

5 minutes ago, Neale Gray said:

Hi @Jed I would expect you received the standard charger 2A please have a look at the charger to check. This is the problem with buying off non distributors you miss out on receiving advice before you buy.

Did you sent charger images neale?

19 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hi cloud how about if we bend too low?will the motor cut off?

If you lean too low the motor will not cut off but you may fall off the wheel, you should lean slowly

tiltback means the foot rests will tilt / turn the more you accelerate so you will know to slow down before you go too fast

21 minutes ago, Jed said:

Did you sent charger images neale?

Hi, I think that @Jason McNeil is your distributor for USA, chargers for Australian region have unique compliance best to go to your US distributor for correct charger. If you are not in US or other distributors region then I can supply you information and supply. I will collect the list from KS and publish and provide link, may be a few days.  

On 30.12.2015 at 9:19 AM, OliverH said:

https://www.facebook.com/1radwerkstatt/

Additional internal batteries can be used,

Yes, internal is better. I'd be very careful about adding any external packs. As long as the packs have the same voltage it is no problem to connect them in parallel in theory, but very long cables from the battery pack to the powerboard can fry the electronics due to electromagnetic induction peaks. A well-known issue with high-powered electric RC cars. A few years ago I fried the motorcontroller of a 1/8th scale Short Course Truck due to that issue. It can be mostly prevented by connecting massive, high capacity, low resistance capacitors to the battery cables in parallel, as close to the controller as possible.

Archived