King song 18"

Jed

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

You're having a kS18-1100W/ 680 Wh? Following this thread and the battery one I feel the KS18 is operated on the limit of the battery.  I think I'll go with GW now. No interest in riding a not properly tested EU. As I'm a cruiser I never will have a problem with the high speed power cut.

Hi @OliverHit's writen there 1200w!/680wh!l think this model have not been tested well or this is the illegal euc that Tina kingsong.com said to me.

hi @Mistagearhow you ride your euc?if l ride on a gentle mode is also normal but if l go aggressive it's out of control.maybe the setting problem.do your ks18 can do setting???if yes is good u set to the aggressive mode.because when we ride we don't know the environment so if you set the aggressive mode it can do the whole job.but unfortunately my ks18 cannot be set just can Bluetooth songs only.its a girl in a romantic mode.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hi @OliverHit's writen there 1200w!/680wh!l think this model have not been tested well or this is the illegal euc that Tina kingsong.com said to me.

hi @Mistagearhow you ride your euc?if l ride on a gentle mode is also normal but if l go aggressive it's out of control.maybe the setting problem.do your ks18 can do setting???if yes is good u set to the aggressive mode.because when we ride we don't know the environment so if you set the aggressive mode it can do the whole job.but unfortunately my ks18 cannot be set just can Bluetooth songs only.its a girl in a romantic mode.

Can you post a picture of the PCB and the labels on the battery pack?

1 hour ago, Mistagear said:

All this talk of possible problems but I've lately been riding a KS18 1100 / 680 and can report I've had no problem. 
I plainly can not accept that a design fault is the reason behind falling @20kph on flat road and full battery. Must be an individual problem with one unit

We're having an other user here with an "illegal" Kingsong. I think it was stated that it means build not for this market.

@Mistagear from the video of your 26" you're not a heavy weight rider. Maybe this happens only for heavy weight riders (in spec of the EU but maybe not tested) or it's a problem of cheaper batteries with the old PCB (users can't connect) and the stronger motor with 1100W which is labeled 1200W - a budget version of the KS18 for a special customer/ country (who knows).

Hello everybody at last my problem solved l'm heal now!!you know what?.....the seller of my ks18 say sorry to me admitted that my euc is an illegal one.l said no need to apologize it's just business.just tell me the truth of this euc and what do 'and don't.so l'll be careful next time.

so anybody can give some tips how to built it back to legal?hahaha!!

6 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hello everybody at last my problem solved l'm heal now!!you know what?.....the seller of my ks18 say sorry to me admitted that my euc is an illegal one.l said no need to apologize it's just business.just tell me the truth of this euc and what do 'and don't.so l'll be careful next time.

so anybody can give some tips how to built it back to legal?hahaha!!

In this manner illegal means:

not from Kingsong? A rebuild from a copy cat?

or

A KS18 from Kingsong not intended to be sold for your market, a budget version for a customer/ country?

5 minutes ago, OliverH said:

In this manner illegal means:

not from Kingsong? A rebuild from a copy cat?

or

A KS18 from Kingsong not intended to be sold for your market, a budget version for a customer/ country?

I donot see anything illegal. Once it is made from the same factory, it should pass through all the very strict and detailed quality control tests which Kingsong is highly regarded of. Once a Kingsong unit that came from the same factory becomes defective, the factory should be responsible and honor all warranties.

Hi @OliverHit's from kingsong for domestic use only  not for international, like Tina from kingsong.com said!

3 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I donot see anything illegal. Once it is made from the same factory, it should pass through all the very strict and detailed quality control tests which Kingsong is highly regarded of. Once a Kingsong unit that came from the same factory becomes defective, the factory should be responsible and honor all warranties.

Hi @SlowMol have no comments but if you want the answer, Tina from kingsong.com knows better!

1 minute ago, Jed said:

Hi @OliverHit's from kingsong for domestic use only  not for international, like Tina from kingsong.com said!

That's the story i heard before. As people can't connect with iOS via BT to configure it I think it's a technology mix (old PCB) or a series with the wrong BT chips.

Would be interesting to see the battery cells (make/ type). So there should be some parts swaps necessary which are not economical to do (if you need PCB and batteries to swap).

6 minutes ago, Jed said:

Hi @SlowMol have no comments but if you want the answer, Tina from kingsong.com knows better!

Yes and that's why Tina declined to sell me her product. Well, I think it was wise of her when she said "if you buy our product and it has a defect, you cannot get any warranty"

13 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

Yes and that's why Tina declined to sell me her product. Well, I think it was wise of her when she said "if you buy our product and it has a defect, you cannot get any warranty"

If you get assistance you can do the most checks and swaps byself. You only need to order an international version. I know that KS doesn't want to sell the strong/ large battery capacity version only domestic for cases of errors (expensicve shipments). Having a dealer/ distributor in countries around you or on the contintent you live makes things easier in a case of problem. I think all distributors plan to sell the high power version which makes sense from a safety view if max velocity is limited.

2 minutes ago, OliverH said:

If you get assistance you can do the most checks and swaps byself. You only need to order an international version. I know that KS doesn't want to sell the strong/ large battery capacity version only domestic for cases of errors (expensicve shipments). Having a dealer/ distributor in countries around you or on the contintent you live makes things easier in a case of problem. I think all distributors plan to sell the high power version which makes sense from a safety view if max velocity is limited.

What if the continent where I stay does not know the Kingsong brand?

18 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

What if the continent where I stay does not know the Kingsong brand?

Ah. I thought you're from Europe, at the Balkans. Sorry I mixed something up.

But you can become a dealer for some nice brands ;)

Just now, OliverH said:

Ah. I thought you're from Europe, at the Balkans. Sorry I mixed something up.

But you can become a dealer for some nice brands ;)

I'm afraid that more people will exceed the speed limits here than in Europe or the US :lol:

2 hours ago, Nono said:

Here in France, Official Kingsong dealers sells the KS-18A with 1200W (battery 1360wh) BUT it's true that on their website they mentionned 1100W.

It would seem that in general the "ratings" of the motors aren't very accurate, but estimations (guesstimations?), maybe even conservative such, of what the motor is capable to handle continuously / in short bursts. Similarly a battery cell "rated" at 10A continuous / 20A burst could happily give out 100A (for example) if you go and short it, but can't handle that for very long without bursting into flames ;)

29 minutes ago, esaj said:

It would seem that in general the "ratings" of the motors aren't very accurate, but estimations (guesstimations?), maybe even conservative such, of what the motor is capable to handle continuously / in short bursts. Similarly a battery cell "rated" at 10A continuous / 20A burst could happily give out 100A (for example) if you go and short it, but can't handle that for very long without bursting into flames ;)

Hi @esajnow l'm beginning to understand this euc behavior.the most important is that the battery need to be full.so l decided to add an external battery on it full time while speeding.

1 hour ago, Jed said:

Hi @esajnow l'm beginning to understand this euc behavior.the most important is that the battery need to be full.so l decided to add an external battery on it full time while speeding.

You need a parallel setup like Gotway. More margin by heavy load and less current per battery pack. I can drive heavy inclines with a GW MSuper up to the blinking lights.

7 hours ago, OliverH said:

You need a parallel setup like Gotway. More margin by heavy load and less current per battery pack. I can drive heavy inclines with a GW MSuper up to the blinking lights.

Hi @OliverHwhat is your msuper mode,speed,moderate or climbing?it got 3 spec isn't it?what is the max speed u test before? Because l heard a lot of good things about it.l was trying to get one before l have kingsong18".but l want to give a chance to a new model but it let me down.l admit is my fault because l bought a domestic ks18"without any knowledge by me from seller.

Tina from kingsong.com said my kingsong 18" is illegal and for domestic use not suitable for international use because they don't have setting and other safety.

for my opinion is not right to be this,we must be equal because all is human life no matter domestic or international!! I'm very very sorry and apologize to you if somebody don't agree with my opinion.

5 hours ago, Jed said:

Hi @OliverHwhat is your msuper mode,speed,moderate or climbing?it got 3 spec isn't it?what is the max speed u test before? Because l heard a lot of good things about it.l was trying to get one before l have kingsong18".but l want to give a chance to a new model but it let me down.l admit is my fault because l bought a domestic ks18"without any knowledge by me from seller.

Tina from kingsong.com said my kingsong 18" is illegal and for domestic use not suitable for international use because they don't have setting and other safety.

for my opinion is not right to be this,we must be equal because all is human life no matter domestic or international!! I'm very very sorry and apologize to you if somebody don't agree with my opinion.

I've has the possibility to ride a MSuper V2 850 Wh and a KS18-500W 680 Wh on a tour. For the 500W the KS made it pretty good with me on top. If taking the KS I would need at least the 800W version or better the 1100 W version. I know that I would run in the problem draining the battery to much.

So the MSuper would fit better to me and it has proven not having a problem with me. The current one has no trusted iOS Apple App Store app. Not sure when the new is coming to market. In the end I'll buy an EUC not fitting all my demands.

App and behavior handling: KS

Technical design; GW

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,l think l'll been con by a company name Bernal Comprehensive Limited Company or Wellbern.com or Bliss Chen or Bliss@wellbern.com appeared in my mail.selling iPhone and electric unicycle kingsong18".the price is very very cheap.at first l order 5 sets of kingsong18.but when think it twice l cancel to 1 set.luckily just 1 set until now no updates or any message.its about 45days now without any updates eventhough l call and skype them.so my euc lover friends beware this mail will appeared in your mail.

image.png

image.png

• 1 month later...

They contacted you out of the blue? Antd you ordered from them? You will never see your money again, did anyone warned you of SPAM? This is the reason why you don't ever deal/contact them...

1 hour ago, MetricUSA said:

They contacted you out of the blue? Antd you ordered from them? You will never see your money again, did anyone warned you of SPAM? This is the reason why you don't ever deal/contact them...

I can tell you that l'll been shopping Internet long time already but this time I just want to try this once in a lifetime.luckily it was 180 usd.at first I order 10 but something telling me just" one first"!so that's it!i was angry but is not so because I can f...k him whenever l like!

image.png

Archived