New year ride coming up, Sunday, January 3rd, 2016. Bring out your Electric unicycles. Meetup location will be posted soon. 

Details to be announced. Please provide places to visit for our ride. Examples can be Coit tower, Lombard street, fisherman's wharf, fort mason, palace of fine arts, etc.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2015 at 0:14 PM, NevNutz said:

New year ride coming up, Sunday, January 3rd, 2016. Bring out your Electric unicycles. Meetup location will be posted soon. 

Any new information on this?  I need to confirm schedule, but I believe I can make this date.

Date is set in stone. January 3rd, 2016. Meetup time will be at 10am. 9:45am if you want to grab a coffee before the ride. Meet up location most likely Starbucks at 685 Beach St. Destinations are Golden Gate Bridge, Sausalito, palace of fine arts, Lombard street and then end at Pier39. Should be around 18miles. Total duration about 3-4 hours depending on stop and lunch. Bring your charger just in case! 

7 hours ago, NevNutz said:

Should be around 18miles. Total duration about 3-4 hours depending on stop and lunch. Bring your charger just in case! 

Yeah, I was going to say...  I can maybe get 15 miles from my NineBot.  I've never topped off during a ride, how much can you gain in a short charge?  Does it do like a phone and give you 80% in a short time?

On your original comments though; Sounds like a BLAST!  I've been to all those destinations, but never on the wheel.  Will be first time in SF on wheel and I'm excited.  Still confirming schedule (Changing things around), but I'm 50% going.  Just got the WIFE approval, so now I'm 92% there. ;)

How many confirmed going so far?

What types of wheels will be there?  What types of riders?

I consider myself more of a casual rider (10mph Average).  Will bring NineBot One E+ and Charger.

@SuperSportSo far based on replies and known riders, looks like there will be about 9-11 riders going. Mostly GotWay and Ninebot riders. We will be meeting up at Starbucks, 685 Beach st. near Ghirardelli square. Meet up time is at 10am we will leave Starbucks at 10:15. First stop is Golden Gate Bridge.

1 hour ago, NevNutz said:

@SuperSportSo far based on replies and known riders, looks like there will be about 9-11 riders going. Mostly GotWay and Ninebot riders. We will be meeting up at Starbucks, 685 Beach st. near Ghirardelli square. Meet up time is at 10am we will leave Starbucks at 10:15. First stop is Golden Gate Bridge.

Awesome, thanks for the update.  Looking forward to this.  I confirmed on 360 also, so I might be counted twice.

@SuperSport nope, seen you on urban360.com. Only counted you once.

2 hours ago, BotCali said:

I think Me and my 10yr old we be going.

@BotCali sweet, looking forward to Sunday. Wear Some warm clothes. Should be in the low 50's

On December 20, 2015 at 1:06 AM, checho said:

i would like to join the ride  but for me it is a bad date, since I will be out of the country, and waiting for the delivery of my new 18"  kingsong 1100 watt motor which mostly likely be in 3 more weeks.

Next meetup meetup @checho, there will be more meetups! 

On December 29, 2015 at 10:26 PM, csmyers said:

Of course this is the day I'll be out of town for the night... Hope you guys have fun! Post pictures!

@csmyers, will do. Like I told checho, there will be more meetups! 

Hopefully next one will be even bigger...

14 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Just got back.  There were 10 of us.  It was a BLAST!!!  Video coming soon...

Thank you @NevNutz, this was much needed.

That was a great time. It was nice to meet you all. I can't wait to see the pics!

19 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

Just got back.  There were 10 of us.  It was a BLAST!!!  Video coming soon...

Thank you @NevNutz, this was much needed.

How far are you guys riding, anyone bring spare battery or have to recharge?

How's public reaction for 10 men on a weird thing with one wheel thingies over there? LOL

Cant wait for the video and pics

2 hours ago, Vanquiz said:

How far are you guys riding, anyone bring spare battery or have to recharge?

How's public reaction for 10 men on a weird thing with one wheel thingies over there? LOL

Cant wait for the video and pics

Around 20+ miles.  Some of us needed charging, but the Big GotWays were fine.  About an hour at Starbucks in Sausalito.  A lot of varied looks.  Mostly confused, and WOW.

Here is a short clip sample...

Yeah, going UP the back side of Lombard is what scared me most, but the NineBot was fine with it.  Going down Lombard was a once in a lifetime experience and I will always be grateful to these guys for inviting me along.  It was truly an awesome day.

6 hours ago, BPINE said:

Yep sure had a great time, nice meeting you all. I have a ton of video now I just need the time to do something with it.

If you want, throw it up on a hosting site and I can put it together for you.  I'm not GOOD at it, but I'll get something together.

Archived