NBO Ride Mode?

kenmalecki

Can someone explain what the ride mode setting is for? I have two NBO E+ on 1.3.0. Both are currently set to 3. Does ride mode change responsiveness/speed/etc.? And which setting (0,1,2,3) is most responsive? I use the IOS app, not Android (there probably isn't a difference between the apps, but thought I'd mention that anyway).

Thanks!

Ken

Pardon the fat thumb on the title :).

Thanks Chriull. I'll test that out.

When you say "wobbly", you mean the feel front to back, not side to side, right?

And when changing the setting via the app, does the take effect immediately, or do you need to power off and back on?

Thanks again!

Ken

I'm sure I was advised to 'learn' on level 3 and then try the others at my peril - in fact, one of the updates in firmware set the default back to 3 if I remember correctly?

I prefer to ride on zero or one these days, all the higher numbers just don't give enough 'feel' for control to me :)

I have set mine to 1 at some point since 0 would vibrate when standing still, havent changed since then. But I rode some other wheels and faceplanted slightly since they felt mushier and I overleaned faster than my brain could stop me :D

On ‎19‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 4:56 AM, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Learned and ride zero on e+ and p.  Never tried others but why would i want less response 

Less response IMO is nice for beginners. As a beginner, you do more accidental/parasite movements/shaking due to lack of balance and lack of muscles. But high responsiveness is good to ride bumps and do any kind of stunts.

Agree with Roue there, I had never ever SEEN a GYROWHEEL before let alone ridden one, so when my 9BO e+ arrived I started on 0 but didnt understand the features of the App and the options for a softer and more forgiving ride.

Ive never had it up to 9, but I did find 5 a good middle of the range setting for a few weeks, yday I mkved it down to 3 and enjoyed a more responsive natural type ride without the sponginess....Im sure in time I'll move it to 0 and give that a go too...

But for a raw beginner yes - a setting of 4-5-6 would be a good start, higher if confidence is a bit short.

For what it's worth, I learned on an Airwheel X8, so when I received the Ninebot One E+ I was already experienced.  I just set it to zero and have kept it there ever since.  Yes, I feel the vibrations when 'standing still' on a full battery, but I don't stand still long enough for that to be an issue.  I haven't tried the other modes because what I want most is predictability and consistency.  Just another view on the pile. 

Archived