Interested in buying a used Inmotion (NYC)

Hello, I’m interested in buying a used Inmotion Electric Unicycle, I’m probably capable of waiting and saving but if anybody wants to sell me one for $1,000 or under that would be a huge help, with the $600 stimulus that would only leave me to raise $400 or less, I know these things are normally worth $1600, but $1,000 will get it to me sooner because I’d have to save less, any takers? Please let me know, so long as it’s safe and in good condition. My email is patcorbett92@gmail.com

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I suggest this pist is moved into private sales as want to buy. And that you hide your email and ask people to PM you. Once someone PM you, you will get an email (with standard notice settings on the forum). 

Done.

As far as your email address, it can be edited out or into some other form if you like. Just ask:)

• Like 2

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to Interested in buying a used Inmotion (NYC)

Hello, I live in Manhattan and I’m interested in buying a used Inmotion Electric Unicycle so long as it’s in good condition, please PM me if you’re interested, saving up for the Sherman one will take me too long, and at least with the $600 stimulus I can afford to save $400 quickly, anything over $1,000 I can’t do, the ones I was interested in were roughly $1,600 I really want to get one in a couple of months and since it’s a used one I believe this is a fair compromise, I know by the time I can afford the 1,600 one it’ll be Spring/Summer, if anybody can make this deal with me I can have it by late February. I’m not trying to rip anybody off here but at the same time anything higher than $1,000 will delay time getting this and defeat the purpose of what I’m trying to do, much appreciated and let me know what works.

• Like 1

Best of luck to you and welcome to EUCs & the forum. :-)

When requesting wheel recommendations, it is important to include your approximate weight, price range, and general usage scenario(s)--desired top speeds/attitude towards speed, desired/needed range (particularly any fixed commutes), if you plan to do any off-roading, if you would need to carry it much (i.e. living on a third-floor walk-up or something), etc.

For around $1k you should be able to find:

1. a new V8.
  2. a like-new/barely used V8F, V10 (non-F), or KS-16S. (Somebody who gave up on learning or upgraded after extremely low mileage.)
  3. a moderately used MCM5, V10F, or Tesla V2.
  4. an older, heavily used/abused larger wheel.

Between those options, I'd lean 2 or 3, although with caveats depending on if you happen to be a heavier rider (>200lbs).

Edited by AtlasP

15 hours ago, Patrick Corbett said:

Thanks man, this is helpful because I was worried about the safety of an electric Unicycle that was under 1600, as long as it’s just as safe I’ll go for the V8, and I’m 164 pounds btw.

Ultimately safety is a combination of the hardware's capability and how you try to use it. The V8/V8F is the ultimate lightweight last-mile commuter--great for going several blocks/miles in a super small & light package with a great trolley handle that's also easy to trolley/carry into places and onto public transpo. It's definitely slow though and really belongs on bike lanes and empty sidewalks where appropriate, and just isn't fast enough for the street with other traffic (excepting quiet residential neighborhoods). If someone understands this and uses the V8/V8F within its bounds, its great at what it does and can easily be safe for someone of your weight. Conversely if you want it to be something it's not and are constantly riding aggressively and pushing its acceleration and top speed and ignoring tiltback/warning beeps, it's a much less safe prospect as it has little headroom for being pushed beyond its capabilities. (I'd definitely strongly prefer a V8F over a V8 as the few extra mph at that level can make a big difference. Or of course a used MCM5, V10/V10F, or Tesla are a step up from there.)

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 1

You might be able to find a KS18L (just make sure it can connect to KingSong app so it doesn't risk of getting bricked). 

By getting bricked I mean KingSong started to,lock wheels if connected outside their geozone. Chinese domestic models sold internationally. 

But I think a fair KS18L could fit your bill too. 

BTW have a look here too. 

Think like this your first wheel will open doors to a new world. It is not going to be your only wheel. Most keep more wheels as they serve different roles and it never hurt to have a backup wheel. 

Try to meet people from the NYC community. Some might have a used wheel they don't use as much anymore. They have a big community. But some of them are extreme riders keep that in mind too. 

Right @houseofjob 😉

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 5:38 AM, Unventor said:

Try to meet people from the NYC community. Some might have a used wheel they don't use as much anymore. They have a big community. But some of them are extreme riders keep that in mind too. 

Right @houseofjob 😉

Depends on your definition of "extreme rider". I certainly am a sheep in comparison :lol:

@Patrick Corbett just get any of the wheels mentioned, they should do the job. You're never gonna truly know what your preference is until you dive into the deep end. Besides, you can always sell off whatever wheel you get, as we have a fairly active and local used PEV / EUC marketplace on FB.

• Like 1