Mten3

wehey

Hi folks. 
I recently bought an Mten3 with only 20 miles on it :)

I am trying to figure out if it’s the 84v version. 
The charger output is 84v, so that would be the fully charged voltage. 
I know that with ebike batteries a 48v battery would be full at 54.6v so I am confused as to what version I have. 

Edited by wehey
  • Like 1

I guess if there was no sticker on it stating the WH (325 is 84, they also had a 420 64v and I believe the older 512's were 84, you could set it up on EUC World app and see what the stats are on it.  Unless it's the new black one, I believe all of those are 84v.

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

I guess if there was no sticker on it stating the WH (325 is 84, they also had a 420 64v and I believe the older 512's were 84, you could set it up on EUC World app and see what the stats are on it.  Unless it's the new black one, I believe all of those are 84v.

It’s the 512wh version so it should be 84v eh 😀😀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wehey said:

I wonder if any of you guys will know.....

can you set the wheel to beep when you reach a certain speed?

congrats on your new mten3! i have been contemplating it as well, same model as yours, was hoping to find it in black but i dont think they make it in black for the 512wh version...not sure. let us know how you like it so far and how you use it etc

------

as far as beeps at specific speeds go, you can do that on the EUCworld app (if you use an android phone). hope that helps

• Like 2

7 hours ago, wehey said:

Oddly enough, I've owned mine a year and still dont have a clue if i can set speed beeps. I KNOW it beeps at top speed but not sure above that. Mines the smaller version they quit selling, and even it's top speed (12mph?) is more than adequate. Congrats on the purchase, if mine died I'd replace asap! For sure, eucw will allow you to customize the beeps on the app itself. As for the wheel, half the joy is its a set and forget simple device. Honestly, I keep forgetting it even has bluetooth. I ride it more often than my others by a LOT. Hell, I charge it ride it, charge it ride it. Simple ftw!!! Since it does connect to eucw, i can only assume it works with DB as well. If you are so inclined, I'd just load up one or the other and see what you get.

I hear rumor that RollNZ is making a cover for it. If done right, it will only make the mten even better. Keep us posted how you get along with it. Let us know once it shows you the famous gotway dance!:eff0541f4a:

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, wehey said:

EUCworld (android) or DarknessBot (iOS) lets you set the beeps. There is an 80% beep on all Gotway (Begode) wheels that cannot be turned off. It means there is 20% power left until it will potentially cutoff.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Oddly enough, I've owned mine a year and still dont have a clue if i can set speed beeps. I KNOW it beeps at top speed but not sure above that. Mines the smaller version they quit selling, and even it's top speed (12mph?) is more than adequate. Congrats on the purchase, if mine died I'd replace asap! For sure, eucw will allow you to customize the beeps on the app itself. As for the wheel, half the joy is its a set and forget simple device. Honestly, I keep forgetting it even has bluetooth. I ride it more often than my others by a LOT. Hell, I charge it ride it, charge it ride it. Simple ftw!!! Since it does connect to eucw, i can only assume it works with DB as well. If you are so inclined, I'd just load up one or the other and see what you get.

I hear rumor that RollNZ is making a cover for it. If done right, it will only make the mten even better. Keep us posted how you get along with it. Let us know once it shows you the famous gotway dance!:eff0541f4a:

What’s the Gotway dance lol

3 hours ago, wehey said:

What’s the Gotway dance lol

Something that no longer exists.

Earlier (2017) Gotway wheels didn't switch off fast enough when fallen over sideways. Instead, they sped up frantically when the wheel was almost on its side already, leading to a crazy rotating wheel on the ground that might try to jump up or murder your shins before finally switching off.

The wheel equivalent of this:

This has been fixed long ago, now when Gotway wheels fall over, they just switch off and lie there peacefully:)

• Like 3

10 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Something that no longer exists.

Earlier (2017) Gotway wheels didn't switch off fast enough when fallen over sideways. Instead, they sped up frantically when the wheel was almost on its side already, leading to a crazy rotating wheel on the ground that might try to jump up or murder your shins before finally switching off.

The wheel equivalent of this:

This has been fixed long ago, now when Gotway wheels fall over, they just switch off and lie there peacefully:)

Really? How unfortunate. Lucky for me, mine still extends me the offer. Even tho mines less than a year old, perhaps its something they rectified on the newer versions? Figures they wuold ruin all the fun! My backwards 360 challenge vid shows the lovable mten turning aggresive a few times. I think its just so damn peppy and short that it doesnt realize its fallen over quite soon enough. I'm used to it now. I tend to karate chop and swat at it, rather than accept the random invite.

Edited by ShanesPlanet

28 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The Tesla (late 2017) did no longer have the Gotway dance, unlike the shin-murdering Gotways before. That's all I know.

Maybe there's still dance-like behavior under the right conditions? I can't imagine the un-fixed this.

Mine don't at least not as a particular feature. IMO the Mten3 is the ankle biter of note due mainly to its form factor. The low height coupled with the low weight & 10x3" tires just makes for a squiggly wheel. IME its mainly the low height which makes for very little leg (calf specifically) leverage when mounting which can lead to misplaced leg position/s which ofcos leads to a runaway twisting/turning wheel which bites ankles/shins. Esp for the uninitiated.

At least that's been my experience with my 3 wheels. I'll know a bit more when the MCM5 arrives as its the next size up from the Mten3.

2 hours ago, pico said:

Mten3-dance.gif

Sraight from video at 32 sec

Post 2018 Mten3...

Hey Pico, love your old Mten videos. Miss  our contest fun! Being it’s the Christmas season I’ll post one from last year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShanesPlanet said:

https://youtu.be/xgxkye4c2qY?t=173

Dancing with the mten. I'm much better now, but it was fun even before.... I need to do another challenge to see if I can beat my pitiful record or get hurt.

I like the $1,500+shipping offer during your vid:)  It's been a while since I've dropped mine but it sure does bounce around when I do, spinning and bouncing out of control, I guess it hits just right but man I hate seeing the little feller self destructing like that...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RetroThruster said:

I like the $1,500+shipping offer during your vid:)  It's been a while since I've dropped mine but it sure does bounce around when I do, spinning and bouncing out of control, I guess it hits just right but man I hate seeing the little feller self destructing like that...

Before I purchased it, I asked Jason (ewheels) if there was plastic parts available. He ensured me they were and arent costly. He also mentioned I neednt worry much as they seem to be tough. Well.... the mten is a tough little bastard. I only wish they were still easily had for around $500. If I get a cover for the mten, I'll worry less. I'd still sell my 420wh mten for $1500+shipping. Its a special edition, as its been tortured by yours truly.

• Like 1

I love the Mten3, it doesn’t have any true competition. I’t a powerful little kit. It isn’t a x-country rig, nor is it a commuter, it’s just a fun rig! I use it to commute from the airport to the closest restaurant for my $100 hamburger. Love that thing...

• Like 3

On 12/27/2020 at 1:12 AM, Mac said:

I love the Mten3, it doesn’t have any true competition. I’t a powerful little kit. It isn’t a x-country rig, nor is it a commuter, it’s just a fun rig! I use it to commute from the airport to the closest restaurant for my $100 hamburger. Love that thing...

Mten3's can be taken on (US) flights?

20 minutes ago, null said:

Limit for Li-ion batteries on airplanes is 100Wh AFAIR.

Airlines worldwide have agreed on "We don't transport personal electric vehicles, even without a battery. Too much hassle."

100Wh is just in some rule somewhere that they don't even bother with.

1 hour ago, Bongaloid said:

Mten3's can be taken on (US) flights?

Only if you fly your own personal plane, which "$100 hamburger" refers to. Includes the flight costs;)

• Like 1

Another question on top of the rucksack one........

It’s an 800w motor but I noticed that when gently accelerating the watts on the app where shooting to 1100+ without any effort. 
What would a safe limit be to avoid a cutout?