Check unicycle condition before buying

vd853

A lot of people are selling EUC because they are upgrading or have upgraded. What can a buyer do to check if the EUC is in good condition? Some stuff are obvious like rattling noise and some stuff are not possible to test like battery range. What are some things that a buyer might forget to check?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Balint said:

How do you check the battery level and how much the maximum voltage would be? Sorry newbie here

HI Balint welcome to the forum. Its ok to be a newb as we've all been there.

Some wheels have lights (somewhere btwn 5-8) while there are some that have displays of battery % & voltage as well.

Normally, we can see it via an app applicable for the particular wheel eg. mfgr's app, Euc World, Wheellog, Darkness Bot. There are also BT watches that can be paired to the relevant app/s that will display it on the watch itself.

Hope that helps

• Like 3

Great topic and help here. I'm about to pick up my first euc, it's actually 18L. Without going off topic from original thread...which app should I download on my iPhone to connect to 18L? Is 100% charge on 18L 84.4v? Is there  other common specific issue occur on used 18L?

Thanks in advance 

Just tell the seller to charge his wheel to full (keeping the charger in after it has gone green) and then have the seller show you any app (doesn't matter which, and he is going to have one anyways). Anything around 84V is good, it just shouldn't be notably lower. Full charge is 84.0V on paper.

On your iPhone you can use Darknessbot for all wheels.

Other than battery, check for obvious mechanical damage (especially for a bent rim) and ask about notable crashes and falls.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Just tell the seller to charge his wheel to full (keeping the charger in after it has gone green) and then have the seller show you any app (doesn't matter which, and he is going to have one anyways). Anything around 84V is good, it just shouldn't be notably lower. Full charge is 84.0V on paper.

On your iPhone you can use Darknessbot for all wheels.

Other than battery, check for obvious mechanical damage (especially for a bent rim) and ask about notable crashes and falls.

Thank you so much!!! Glad to find this forum and supportive community. Hope all goes well and I can start to learn the steep learning curve riding euc.

I bought a second V8 used and I thougt everything was ok until I went up an incline very slowly. My other V8 pulls smoothly through the entire revolution but the second V8 has a torque dead spot so it shakes as it passes that spot. Luckily the wheel is still perfectly usable but it's not 100%.

So I'd like to add to the other checks mentioned, the going up an even incline slowly test.

Mine also came with a damaged battery pack (corrosion). It didn't bother me as I got it cheap and planned to rebuild the battery anyway. On the V8 it's relatively easy to open the battery up and measure it. You do have to break some heatshrink layers though. Luckily they're not needed as the battery has an enclosure. If I were selling I wouldn't like someone take it apart though. If it reaches 84.0v it should be ok. After buying you can open it to inspect further (house insurance).