V11: What is your PSI preference and how much do you weigh?

Tryptych

I'm about 160 lb geared and I seem to like 65 PSI on top and the 50 PSI on the bottom which I think is the least amount of pressure I can get away using without bottoming out..  but I'm not sure yet... Admittedly I haven't spent enough time testing that many different settings.

What do you guys prefer? 

I'm 140 lbs geared. I have my tops set to 40 psi and bottoms set to 70 psi. Tire is 35 psi. I am still trying to dial in my pressures. Went for a 25 mile ride yesterday and noticed on gravel trails the suspension oscalates in a rhythmic pattern getting bigger after every compression of the suspension. Any suggestions on what I should adjust my preasures to? 

1 hour ago, Coolesnce said:

I'm 140 lbs geared. I have my tops set to 40 psi and bottoms set to 70 psi. Tire is 35 psi. I am still trying to dial in my pressures. Went for a 25 mile ride yesterday and noticed on gravel trails the suspension oscalates in a rhythmic pattern getting bigger after every compression of the suspension. Any suggestions on what I should adjust my preasures to? 

If I were you, I would:

- set the top chambers to 50psi

- measure the sag

- if sag is more than 3.5cm, add 10psi to the bottom chambers. And vice versa. And repeat.

I changed the pressure in tire ,suspensions chambers and pedal softness:

80 kg
30 Tire pressure 
30 / 90 for the chambers. 
Pedal soft 90 % 

I feels more flying than riding now. Magic carpet feel.. 
I wish the acces to pump them suspension chambers was less complicated. Its not a girlfriend its a wheel. 

Edited by Finn Bjerke
more nonsesne
  • Like 1

What's a good way to messure sag?

Edit: I also have the first pump (the black one), I find it very difficult to get precise PSI as there will always be some seepage even if you release the top part first, trying to figure out exactly how much you lose that way.

Edited by Rawnei

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

What's a good way to messure sag?

Edit: I also have the first pump (the black one), I find it very difficult to get precise PSI as there will always be some seepage even if you release the top part first, trying to figure out exactly how much you lose that way.

You don’t lose any air from the shock when you remove the pump. You only lose the pressure from the hose.

For measuring sag and other V11 shock pumping tips watch this:

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 3

I followed @mrelwood excellent youtube guide to get 3-3.5cm of sag and then put top PSI about half of bottom PSI that brought me to 120/60 which feels nice.

BTW to measure sag you don't really need tape and a marker pen just measure from the bottom of the handle.