KS-16X Firmware 2.03 (was 20.22)

ManjaroBlack

Sadly, 10” of snow has made it difficult to do a good test. I took it out briefly before the snow hit but on a different road and it seemed to do the same thing, but only in the very slight downhill direction. My plan was to do a few runs with 2.0.3 to get a better sense, then downgrade and repeat but the hozers that have been praying for a white Christmas are borking that big time. Christmas will be snowy this year, so all y’all can just stop now.

I’ll probably downgrade anyway because I’m not keen on feeling even slight grinding sensations and while I have zero facts to support blaming the firmware, the old stuff was fine enough until I can do a more “scientific” checkout.

• 3 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 6:32 PM, Meso said:

Hi guys and girls,

I did the firmware upgrade kind of by mistake but It also happend that my gf crashed my wheel badly (Before the upgrade). After some repairs, the wheel ride now perfect but there is a small problem and I wonder if its a bug caused by the new firmware or its a problem caused by the crash damages.

When the wheel is charging, on every apps (Kingsong App, WheelLog, UEC World ) the amps reading is around 0.3A. With stock charger it sould normaly read around -1.5A. The problem does not come from the charger.

My KS 16X is a V1

Anyone made the upgrade and can compare his results with mine. What is your amps reading when you are charging?

Right now I suspect a firmware bug but it might also be a motherboard issue or a BMS issue. It will put my mind at ease if some of you get the same results as it will likely indicate that my wheel if just fine.

Thx for your imput !

Same for me. Did you resolve the problem?

The firmware is up to 2.07 now—but you can use SoftTuner to downgrade if you need to. SoftTuner is iOS, I don't know if Android has an equivalent but EUC World should be able to take care of you. I get normal readings (negative amps shown that are roughly the same as what the charger is putting out), but my wheel is considerably newer. Good luck!

• Like 2

On 4/23/2021 at 6:49 AM, Tawpie said:

The firmware is up to 2.07 now—but you can use SoftTuner to downgrade if you need to. SoftTuner is iOS, I don't know if Android has an equivalent but EUC World should be able to take care of you. I get normal readings (negative amps shown that are roughly the same as what the charger is putting out), but my wheel is considerably newer. Good luck!

EUC world show me that the only update available is 2.03, not 2.07. When did you receive the 2.07? What are the changes?

4 hours ago, ElectriQ User said:

EUC world show me that the only update available is 2.03, not 2.07. When did you receive the 2.07? What are the changes?

You must use the SoftTuner app (iOS, I don't know if there is an Android version), and it was available in late March. The change details reference compatibility with something that they're not clear about, I suspect they may be using a new microprocessor on new boards. It doesn't seem like it is a mandatory upgrade, which could be why EUC World doesn't list it. Also mentioned here: 

2 hours ago, Seba said:

I first need to ensure that this firmware will maintain full compatibility with older devices, equipped with STM32

If you need feedback, I've been running 2.07 on my KS16XS (controller is v1.2)—there are odd glitches in the reported motor temperature but I haven't downgraded to see if they're related to FW or are just a glitch. A complicating variable is that I also replaced my control board at about the same time and don't really want to go through that change again unless its necessary (going back to the old controller is not necessary, the old control board was operational but reported battery voltage higher than reality... battery voltage would be a swell calibration option but if I were the developer I'd say -maybe later when I'm bored-)

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 1