KS-16X Firmware 2.03 (was 20.22)

ManjaroBlack

Best what you can do is wait to official release please!

Please nobody try this FW!

This FW can be just optimisation for newest batches and actualised control board just new revision propably.

Impact on other old moldels (control boards) is unknow i recomended not try now.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Best what you can do is wait to official release please!

Please nobody try this FW!

This FW can be just optimisation for newest batches and actualised control board just new revision propably.

Impact on other old moldels (control boards) is unknow i recomended not try now.

Btw, I got it through the king song app. Didn't use any other applications. (And it is a very very recent batch, so that would make sense)

Edited by Crooznfbroozn

Hi guys and girls,

I did the firmware upgrade kind of by mistake but It also happend that my gf crashed my wheel badly (Before the upgrade). After some repairs, the wheel ride now perfect but there is a small problem and I wonder if its a bug caused by the new firmware or its a problem caused by the crash damages.

When the wheel is charging, on every apps (Kingsong App, WheelLog, UEC World ) the amps reading is around 0.3A. With stock charger it sould normaly read around -1.5A. The problem does not come from the charger.

My KS 16X is a V1

Anyone made the upgrade and can compare his results with mine. What is your amps reading when you are charging?

Right now I suspect a firmware bug but it might also be a motherboard issue or a BMS issue. It will put my mind at ease if some of you get the same results as it will likely indicate that my wheel if just fine.

Thx for your imput !

21 minutes ago, Meso said:

Hi guys and girls,

I did the firmware upgrade kind of by mistake but It also happend that my gf crashed my wheel badly (Before the upgrade). After some repairs, the wheel ride now perfect but there is a small problem and I wonder if its a bug caused by the new firmware or its a problem caused by the crash damages.

When the wheel is charging, on every apps (Kingsong App, WheelLog, UEC World ) the amps reading is around 0.3A. With stock charger it sould normaly read around -1.5A. The problem does not come from the charger.

My KS 16X is a V1

Anyone made the upgrade and can compare his results with mine. What is your amps reading when you are charging?

Right now I suspect a firmware bug but it might also be a motherboard issue or a BMS issue. It will put my mind at ease if some of you get the same results as it will likely indicate that my wheel if just fine.

Thx for your imput !

Hello.

I Have a 16x V2, and just upgraded my.

In chargins is all ok. between 1.1A and 1.9A. With avarage power .137W.

Thx for the info. So far it looks bad for my wheel...

Anyone could take the same reading with a KS 16X v1 and firmware 2.03? It will help to confirm if there is a problem with my wheel

Thx in advance

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, stephen said:

I noticed there was a new firmware (2.03) upgrade on euc world @Sebacan you confirm this is official release and not a beta and everything is safe now?

Well... It's really hard to distinguish between beta and public firmwares in case of King Song :D Of course I'm joking. According to my informations, 2.03 for KS-16X has been released to public some time ago. In case of any problems there is aways an option to downgrade.

• Like 3

I tested many ks 16x firmwares in some time ago(here is big tread use search if you want) here i try be short. Results can be very diferent it depends on mainboard version. Example fw 1.05 on board v1.4 is great but fw 1.05 on board 1.5 is garbage. Respect you original factory firmware because is tailored for you control board/mainboard exactly. Not downgrade under you factory version.  . Thank you. 

Edited by DjPanJan
edit
  • Like 2

In terms of FW 2.02, I haven't installed it (yet), but based on the vague "charging optimizations" mention in the release notes, I can list the previous charging-related changes that have been introduced over the past few upgrades and speculate about what might have changed. I'm not sure I got the versions below right (I think @buell47 might be able to help/correct on this one), but the progression is loosely:

- In FW 2.0 (I believe it was) KS set the wheel to beep if the charging current exceeded 5A, to make sure no one fried the wires by using 2 x 10A chargers, for instance (If I remember correctly, max. charge current should be 10A total (no more than 5A/port), or 9A to be on the safe side.

- In FW 2.01 they increased that value to 5.5A because tons of users were complaining about the beeping and the fact it was too conservative a value (since 5A is a common current for fast chargers, and it's common for them to charge at 5.1-5.2A).

- FW 2.02 introduced what they called "Charging optimizations", which pretty much boiled down to: If you left the wheel plugged in for days (or weeks) and the battery voltage decreased slightly, the BMS would allow the wheel to top off the battery (Not sure what the point of that "upgrade" was TBH). They also introduced the option to configure auto power-off after the wheel was left idling (from 5' to 4h). It may or may not be connected to that feature, or to the battery topping-off feature, but since 2.02, the wheel is on "standby" when charging, and doesn't switch entirely off when finished charging / the charger is unplugged. Meaning that if you don't switch the wheel all on and then off again after charging, it will beep loudly several times and then switch off after the established power-off time has passed, in many occasions scaring the crap out of unsuspecting riders (such as myself).

So I'm guessing it's possible the update may have to do with the above, but what exactly it does, we won't know until someone installs it and reports back. It could also include unlisted changes relating to cornering algorithms, it's anyone's guess 😅

My advice is to wait, as it appears this is a minor upgrade or bug fix.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

since 2.02, the wheel is on "standby" when charging, and doesn't switch entirely off when finished charging / the charger is unplugged. Meaning that if you don't switch the wheel all on and then off again after charging, it will beep loudly several times and then switch off after the established power-off time has passed

Mine has never done that.