Pimp my Electric Unicycle

Chuts

• 2 months later...

Made a little simple adjustment to the stand.  Got actually tired of folding the legs down just to stand it.  Which since I installed them on the original post never fell down once as some people had concerns with.

Basically I have now switched the stands the other way and although has a higher degree of lean its really stable and I no longer need to touch the feet anymore to stand it.

Edit - Please note that this is only possible because I have already cut away some of the shell to increase the ground clearance and expose more of the wheel.  Probably wouldn't work otherwise.

DSC_0027.JPG

I took my wheel completely apart to cut the shell.  Reason for doing that was because I didn't have access to a circular saw and I went at it the old fashion way with a hacksaw.  The circular saw is fast if you have a steady hand and you are confident you are not going to cut through the tire too.  Then I smoothed and rounded the edges with a file.

Other than that all the guts of the wheel are contained in the two compartments on either side.  So no hidden wires to accidentally cut through. 

Thanks Chuts,  I was worried there may have been extra cracking or splintering of the shell from vibration with sawing.  I've tried to use a saw on some plastic based items before and they split during the process.  Sounds easy enough. 

Is that gold spray? 

At least another similar I saw had real 24k gold plating, but even then, I doubt there's even a troy ounce (31.1... grams, currently trading around 1100€ with delivery for high grade (99.99% purity)) of gold there, so way overpriced.

At least another similar I saw had real 24k gold plating, but even then, I doubt there's even a troy ounce (31.1... grams, currently trading around 1100€ with delivery for high grade (99.99% purity)) of gold there, so way overpriced.

I reckon you are not wrong there mate, BUT I have to say, it is a fairly good reason to push the price up!! I am currently looking for fellow European potential partners to start a company building custom built ones and hopefully growing from scratch. If you and a few others are interested, this could be find and at the same time interesting. My email benryan2018(at)hotmail.com

I reckon you are not wrong there mate, BUT I have to say, it is a fairly good reason to push the price up!! I am currently looking for fellow European potential partners to start a company building custom built ones and hopefully growing from scratch. If you and a few others are interested, this could be find and at the same time interesting. My email benryan2018(at)hotmail.com

I could be interested, but not sure how much use I'd be in such a project... My understanding of electronics is fairly limited, although I've thought about ordering an Arduino-board just to see if I could build software that controls a dc-motor over 6 (or 12) mosfet H-bridge based on gyroscope/acceleration-sensor input. :P

What's your experience? Based on which facts you've defined your business idea? Where're you located?

@OliverH. I am helping a friend who already owns a business retailing EUC & two wheel scooters in Germany and UK 

You may contact my friend Tok who runs Tokatron Limited www.tokatron.com 

I am located in the UK and Tok who turns to shuttle between the UK & Germany. 

if you are interested, discussions are already underway on a separate email forum. I am inclined to advertise the business ideas on here, so like I said, if you are interested enough then drop me an email and I'll include you in the forum. 

Archived