Wearable to horn?

Llorx

I saw that the EUC World app has a horn when I tap the screen. I want to do that with a wearable, but because is going to be a wearable to just have this feature, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a Wear OS smartwatch.

I saw that I can have a Pebble, but I'm not sure how it works, if it needs my phone connected or if it directly connects to the wheel (I prefer the device to connect to the wheel directly). Also I don't know if it has the "horn on a button press" thingy I want. Also saw the "flic" button, but I need my phone for it to work, and if I'm adding a wearable gadget, I prefer to also see my speed, battery level and such.

Local laws force me to have a horn in my vehicle if I want to drive through specific streets, so I have no chance to fail here.

EDIT: I also see here that with Pebble you can horn, but I'm not sure if is some kind of weird mod or it actually sends a horn command to the wheel: 

TL;DR: What wearable do you have to monitorize/horn your wheel?

Edited by Llorx
  • Like 1

Clown Horn - maskworld.com

I have a lemfo device that has ability to tap to horn thru eucw. Yelling or carrying a physical bell/horn would be much easier and more effective imho. Tape a horn to the wheel and call it compliant.Theyll be able to see it, it isnt battery dependent, its cheap and you won't have to explain how it works...done deal.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Llorx said:

lol didn't think about that hahahahaha. Is a great solution with infinite battery xD

you can also beat someone with it and they wouldnt know to laugh or get mad. :)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Llorx said:

I saw that the EUC World app has a horn when I tap the screen. I want to do that with a wearable, but because is going to be a wearable to just have this feature, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a Wear OS smartwatch.

Samsung watches and flic buttons work, too.

I saw that I can have a Pebble, but I'm not sure how it works,

if it needs my phone connected or if it directly connects to the wheel (I prefer the device to connect to the wheel directly).

It connets via euc world.

Also I don't know if it has the "horn on a button press" thingy I want.

Via euc world it works. Afaik one user defined function can be put on a ?button?

Maybe with wheellog, too?

Also saw the "flic" button, but I need my phone for it to work, and if I'm adding a wearable gadget, I prefer to also see my speed, battery level and such.

The horn by flic button works via euc world, too - not via the phone flic app.

@Chriull Thanks for your input. With "Works with EUC World" you mean that I need to have my phone powered on and with the EUC World app connected?

What I would like is for it to work also when my phone runs out of battery, or I forget it or whatever.

3 minutes ago, Llorx said:

@Chriull Thanks for your input. With "Works with EUC World" you mean that I need to have my phone powered on and with the EUC World app connected?

What I would like is for it to work also when my phone runs out of battery, or I forget it or whatever.

It only works with EUC world or wheellog (pebble only and ?garmin?) running on the phone. I can't remember of anything working directly with a wheel.

Inmotion plans to launch a smartwatch connecting directly to their wheels.

Just now, Chriull said:

It only works with EUC world or wheellog (pebble only and ?garmin?) running on the phone. I can't remember of anything working directly with a wheel.

Inmotion plans to launch a smartwatch connecting directly to their wheels.

Hm, damn. I guess I have to strap a phone on my wrist if I want to do that haha.

To meet legal requirements, just stick a horn to the wheel(or visible finger bell). You may NEVER use it, but you will always be compliant. Seriously tho, why rely on electronic devices and hope an explanation is enough? Kind of like mounting a headlight to a bike, as why worry about remembering to hold one? Sure, eucw is epic, but its not standalone. For cheap and effective, I'd just go with a physical horn and something so cheap, you could care less if it takes a hit. @Mike Sacristan has videos about their finger bells. He's got good scenery to watch too. The bells dont do much sometimes, but they may be compliant and dont have technology failures.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ShanesPlanet said:

To meet legal requirements, just stick a horn to the wheel(or visible finger bell). You may NEVER use it, but you will always be compliant. Seriously tho, why rely on electronic devices and hope an explanation is enough? Kind of like mounting a headlight to a bike, as why worry about remembering to hold one? Sure, eucw is epic, but its not standalone. For cheap and effective, I'd just go with a physical horn and something so cheap, you could care less if it takes a hit. @Mike Sacristan has videos about their finger bells. He's got good scenery to watch too. The bells dont do much sometimes, but they may be compliant and dont have technology failures.

Yeah, the thing is that looking for these horn things, I started to think about how convenient is to have EUC data on my wrist, so I'm asking just in case I'm missing something. I just saw in another post that you had a lemfo lemt. How it worked for you? Is almost what I want (completely standalone and with a "easy" horn if the police ask).

I see myself buying a lemfo lemt and a finger bell hahaha. Is a bit over the budget I had, but well... now I need to have easy access to EUC data xD

10 minutes ago, Llorx said:

Yeah, the thing is that looking for these horn things, I started to think about how convenient is to have EUC data on my wrist, so I'm asking just in case I'm missing something. I just saw in another post that you had a lemfo lemt. How it worked for you? Is almost what I want (completely standalone and with a "easy" horn if the police ask).

I see myself buying a lemfo lemt and a finger bell hahaha. Is a bit over the budget I had, but well... now I need to have easy access to EUC data xD

I find it acceptable. I play music from it and tour tracking. The gps takes a LONG time to lock when turning the watch on. The bluetooth hasnt the most reliable range. But, it works pretty well. When i have it on my wrist (rarely), it sometimes loses BT connection if i move my hand to the sky holding a selfie stick. ALL my vids with telemetry, are using eucw and csv logging. I dont carry cell phones, nor did i put a sim card in the lemfo. I don't know if its the best thing for the price, but it sure beat the shit out of the previous $150 cell phone I bought for that purpose. I started with a 'smart watch' that was so dumb, it needed a damn phone to work. Two stupid devices to do one damn thing. Im an avid cellular hater, so the lemfo was my personal answer. I like having it to track and see speeds, but I usually dont have it on my wrist. The lemfo also vibrates for speed warnings, its enough I can feel it when worn. Im not sure I'd rely on it 100% for a safety device, but it is what it is. I spent for the memory model, as it now holds 100's of hours of music. It does have a glass face, so dont slap it on rocks. It came with protective covers (2), but that doesnt help edge impact. I'll order another when this one dies, but maybe just the cheaper smaller memory model. My 3d printer should show up in next day or two, I hope to make some sort of nylon cover for it, as it isnt the most impact resistant thing ive owned. Link to my vids is in my signature. My lemfo vid is in there somewhere. I bought extra chargers for it from china at $5 each or some shit. Battery lasts a LONG time, and it can be charged via usb on the wheel. :)

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1

I have one of those battery-operated motorcycle horns (like the one Juiced Bikes has branded) with a custom strap mount on my backpack. Though I don't have it specifically for legal purposes, I actually do use it for the non-attentive drivers around here. I'm looking at converting the wired button into a wireless fob, though =]RFD_EUC_HRN.jpg.8ebfdf1d8867b5d06f79dba659f72213.jpg

• Like 2

@ShanesPlanet eeeeeeeeeeeeeexactly! Two devices for one feature feels meh nowadays. I guess I'm going to buy one of those. There are some second-hand ones at good price.

@redfoxdude That's nice, but the wire is a problem for me. Btw is a good solution if you have multiple wheels with different features (non integrated horn or non supported by the horn app).

@MikieSWE Yep, if I don't find a nice gadget that fits me, i'll buy one for sure.

Edited by Llorx

Ok, as an update, there's a bunch of full Android smartwatches, like the LEMFO LEMT which ShanesPlanet discovered me, but more watchy-like. Just bought a Kospet Prime SE for under 90€ that runs EUC World standalone, no smartphone in between: 

Now I hope that the battery with the screen being always-on lasts a bout 2-4 hours or so. If it does, I'm happy with it ^^

Edited by Llorx

21 hours ago, Llorx said:

I saw that I can have a Pebble, but I'm not sure how it works, if it needs my phonconnected or if it directly connects to the wheel 

The Pebble is easy.  It does need your phone to be connected to EUC World.  You also can use EUC World to play any sound you want by downloading the sound file to your phone.  Your phone also needs to be connected via Bluetooth to KingSongMusic.

On EUC World select Settings, Watch settings.  Here are screenshots:

Screenshot_20200716-104903.thumb.jpg.47ba7701254c012b399a1595beba8d11.jpg         Screenshot_20200716-104010.thumb.jpg.dfa23c13918b0ed1b27272fd2c41d2e0.jpg    

Screenshot_20200716-104035.thumb.jpg.d1f47c119697e9e5338095aaa22278c1.jpg

Bruce

• Like 2