Gotway new Suspension superfast wheel 20" in 2020

Finn Bjerke

Over at facebook Gotway is announcing a 20" suspension wheel going real fast: Gotway EX its called. They are secretive about it, is it wheely real?   I googled Milli it looks legit:

• Like 2

Many good wheels, more competition. I like it. 

1 Sherman is the price of 2 GW MSX on chicway, but some folks dont like chicway... 

What is the price of a superfast wheel with suspension?
Is suspension more than inmotions 8cm ?
Is KS S18 the only real suspension wheel?

First impressions tells me it's a pass, some might love it however, I'd like to see a small'ish 14-16" suspension wheel similar to the S18, of course I just got finished riding my Mten3 so lightweight and maneuverability are fresh on my mind:)

I've been considering a GW for some time, KS 50 kph tiltback just doesn't cut it for me anymore, but had concerns about build quality and QC. I've been trying to convince myself to overlook them but to be perfectly honest, their most recent releases inspire less and less confidence. The MSP with the non-revised trolley handle, awkwardly-placed kill switch, exposed speakers...this wheel where suspension seems to be more of an afterthought...I dunno, seems to me like they're just pumping out new wheels for sales' sake, trying to roll for as long as they can with what they've got, implementing as few changes as possible to the design. 

Not too keen on GW right now, especially now that Veteran's joined the game, making GW shortcoming all the more obvious. Might wait and see what they have in store...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, travsformation said:

I've been considering a GW for some time, KS 50 kph tiltback just doesn't cut it for me anymore, but had concerns about build quality and QC. I've been trying to convince myself to overlook them but to be perfectly honest, their most recent releases inspire less and less confidence. The MSP with the non-revised trolley handle, awkwardly-placed kill switch, exposed speakers...this wheel where suspension seems to be more of an afterthought...I dunno, seems to me like they're just pumping out new wheels for sales' sake, trying to roll for as long as they can with what they've got, implementing as few changes as possible to the design. 

Not too keen on GW right now, especially now that Veteran's joined the game, making GW shortcoming all the more obvious. Might wait and see what they have in store...

Interestingly: The suspension on the GW EX 20" looks like a sales gimmick not a real feature of a superfast long range wheel.  You good suspension and less battery or Good battery capacity and less suspension it seems to me.

Is this fake?

1 hour ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Interestingly: The suspension on the GW EX 20" looks like a sales gimmick not a real feature of a superfast long range wheel.  You good suspension and less battery or Good battery capacity and less suspension it seems to me.

Is this fake?

It very much looks like a different take on the V11 suspension, where the wheel is suspended and not the pedals. I see nothing gimmicky about the setup, i do see issues with that suspension bottom though in terms of clearance, but gimmick? I don’t think so. 

PS: This wheel will do 70kmh. Should we ban EUCs yet? 

Edited by Ben Kim
  • Like 2

Regarding the thread topic:
Thx for your keen observation I see it better now. Correct me if Im wrong: 3 types
1. "real" suspension KS s18 style 2 chambers.
2. Wheel move suspension (Inmotion v 11) 8cm
3. Pedal move suspension (GW EX)  6 cm or so

Is this GW EX  superfast and very dynamic suspension ?   I dont think so. Either you get real suspension KS S18 with less battery or you get more battery power and pseudo suspension. You cant have both (for the time being)   We need some more compåarative reviews.  Are you getting the "tank" ?

We should ban unsafe speeding on donkeys, snowboards, Harleys. Rollerblades, cars. A kitesurfer broke my knee 1 year ago - so  i started EUC rides as soon as I was out of hospital.  Unsafe disrespectfull retards who are overspeeding annoy me.   

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

It very much looks like a different take on the V11 suspension, where the wheel is suspended and not the pedals. I see nothing gimmicky about the setup, i do see issues with that suspension bottom though in terms of clearance, but gimmick? I don’t think so. 

Maybe not a gimmick, but it does look very much like a not-too-polished afterthought...

13 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

PS: This wheel will do 70kmh. Should we ban EUCs yet? 

Fantomas has managed 71 km/h on the MSP, and Vee recently did 83 km/h on the Sherman...

10 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

Thx for your keen observation I see it better now. Correct me if Im wrong: 3 types
1. "real" suspension KS s18 style 2 chambers.
2. Wheel move suspension (Inmotion v 11) 8cm
3. Pedal move suspension (GW EX)  6 cm or so

Is this GW EX  superfast and very dynamic suspension ?   I dont think so. Either you get real suspension KS S18 with less battery or you get more battery power and pseudo suspension. You cant have both (for the time being) 

I entirely agree! 👍

10 hours ago, Finn Bjerke said:

We should ban unsafe speeding on donkeys, snowboards, Harleys. Rollerblades, cars. A kitesurfer broke my knee 1 year ago - so  i started EUC rides as soon as I was out of hospital.  Unsafe disrespectfull retards who are overspeeding annoy me. 

It's all down to the rider/driver, ultimately. What I don't agree with is what some suggest: banning an entire category of vehicles based on the actions of some riders. And speed limits and vehicle top speeds are separate things. In Spain any PLEV capable of more than 25 km/h is illegal...what about cars? They aren't designed to max. out at the speed limit, they're capable of much, much faster speeds, yet no one is calling to ban them... 😓😤

Look at Fantomas, he performs his speed tests in safe environaments, in the middle of the night when there's no one around. 60 km/h can be safe in certain scenarios (to others, if a rider wants to put himself in danger, and no one else, that's his/her call), while 30 km/h can be unsafe in others. It's down to holding individual riders/drivers accountable for their recklessness.

BTW, sorry about your knee! Glad you recovered and are riding! 

• Like 1

I really appreciate your comments travsformation.  Regarding speed:

The faster you go the longer it takes to stop. Or more precise:

twice as fast means 4 times longer travel before speed = 0 .... So lets be carefull

740px-Safety_and_stopping_distances_de.p

• Like 1

edit: That's not the EX, but a fan build of a suspension wheel.

-

Do you guys think the interior of this prototype thing hints at the interior design of the EX? You think it will be similar?

It has quite nice separate compartments for the board and each battery, and also has an uneven weight distribution (2 packs on one side, one pack and the board on the other).

Also if anybody can explain what we are seeing with the split shape of the suspension holder...

image.png

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Do you guys think the interior of this prototype thing hints at the interior design of the EX? You think it will be similar?

It has quite nice separate compartments for the board and each battery, and also has an uneven weight distribution (2 packs on one side, one pack and the board on the other).

Also if anybody can explain what we are seeing with the split shape of the suspension holder...

image.png

The split thing looks like two linear industrial roller rails to me. I like that technical approach. Some worn out sealings and dirt in there... well...? :) 

Edited by MikieSWE
clarifying text.

45 minutes ago, Old_Boy said:

it looks kinda ugly. maybe Im the only person who cares about aesthetics though

Yeah, it's not a real looker. I'm more interested for the fun times, though. Probably gonna be pretty good for long weekend cruising.