My first EUC (Mten3) Learning story....

newbie101

Still learning how to ride my Mten3, this is my 3rd fall, luckily, it was caught on my security camera. I wished my 2nd fall got recorded, it was a very hard fall, bruised my tail bone.

Edited by newbie101
change title

I have 4 wheels and tried a few more, but out of them all i find the Mten3 the hardest to mount because it's so responsive due to the  small wheel and not much support against your leg

The Mten3 is the best wheel for small spaces like that though once you can ride

Keep it up though that little fella is powerful?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, stephen said:

I have 4 wheels and tried a few more, but out of them all i find the Mten3 the hardest to mount because it's so responsive due to the  small wheel and not much support against your leg

The Mten3 is the best wheel for small spaces like that though once you can ride

Keep it up though that little fella is powerful?

I have it on soft mode...but I am not very atheletic..took me a while to learn..but I am not giving up.👍

22 hours ago, gon2fast said:

Bowler as well!

How long you been riding? EUC first or bowler first?

9 minutes ago, UniMe said:

Noice!! you're turns are coming together well! Inch by inch, you'll be rolling down the road in now time!

Coming along slowly, but surely...somehow, I am really scared to go on the street...maybe someday.

How is your euc training coming along? I hope you are progressing faster than I am..Ride safe!

I have a big field beside my house that the city mows but is still rather bumpy, has a couple gravel paths going through it. I started riding for the first time yesterday, today I was doing laps around the field. Funny thing, the bottoms of my feet want to cramp up so my endurance on the wheel isn't great. clearly I'm still tense. No video evidence, but I'm getting along with my new KS 18XL fairly well -- the GW MSP deal didn't work out, but I like this new wheel for learning. Ergonomics seem good, I have it set to 20kph and am starting to hit it.

I live in a super quiet suburb and actually ventured out on the road yesterday :) an promptly crashed on the pavement and have a bit of road rash to prove it! Today I was fully geared up with knee/shin guards, wrist guard, elbow pads and a bike helmet AND decided to stick with the field for a while longer!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UniMe said:

I have a big field beside my house that the city mows but is still rather bumpy, has a couple gravel paths going through it. I started riding for the first time yesterday, today I was doing laps around the field. Funny thing, the bottoms of my feet want to cramp up so my endurance on the wheel isn't great. clearly I'm still tense. No video evidence, but I'm getting along with my new KS 18XL fairly well -- the GW MSP deal didn't work out, but I like this new wheel for learning. Ergonomics seem good, I have it set to 20kph and am starting to hit it.

I live in a super quiet suburb and actually ventured out on the road yesterday :) an promptly crashed on the pavement and have a bit of road rash to prove it! Today I was fully geared up with knee/shin guards, wrist guard, elbow pads and a bike helmet AND decided to stick with the field for a while longer!

Wow, that's great..you are a fast learner. I heard kingsong is reliable and safer too, good choice. Ride safe..always gear up no matter what!

Although it requires more balance and core stability learning on the grass feels safer. I'm also less concerned about dropping the wheel, running away when it gets out of shape is something I'm actually practicing. it's all covered in dust, has bits of grass impacted into the cracks etc lol haha, but the wheel itself seems totally fine. This wheel has speakers, thinking that I'll play some music for my next practice session. My adventure onto the pavement yesterday was clearly a bit ambitious, definitely not something I would do if we had more traffic here!

Totally agree, practicing on grass is safer for you and no need to cover your euc with foam and like you said, it helps you practice your core stability and balance..wish I have thought of that before..I could have went to the park and practice there. Playing music on your practice will probably help with your rhythm too...make it more fun. 

It looks like you found something nice to wrap around your wheel for protection. What is it?
And thanks for sharing, btw. Quite funny to see the hard start of video 1 and then the nice progression in video 2 when things start to click :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, wonderlove said:

It looks like you found something nice to wrap around your wheel for protection. What is it?
And thanks for sharing, btw. Quite funny to see the hard start of video 1 and then the nice progression in video 2 when things start to click :)

It's a foam  guard for babies..bought it on amazon here is the link https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QLSDBKJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was not easy, almost quit, but I did not, because of the lock down..nothing really to do.

Edited by newbie101
  • Like 1

Today is the first time I went riding my Mten3 on the street in a quiet neighborhood, still no confidence..that's why I look wobbly and unsure.

Edited by newbie101

2 hours ago, newbie101 said:

It's a foam  guard for babies..bought it on amazon here is the link https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QLSDBKJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was not easy, almost quit, but I did not, because of the lock down..nothing really to do.

This makes some good protection for the edges , i posted a while back

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just bought a  Gotway MSP-ht, somehow coming from an Mten3 to MSP is not a walk in the park.. I have to learn how to ride again, MSP weigh 55lbs the difference in weight is night and day.. took me 4 hours to be able to ride it, but my legs still wobbling because of the weight. Here is my 4th hour/4th day of practice riding it in the park.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, newbie101 said:

I just bought a  Gotway MSP-ht, somehow coming from an Mten3 to MSP is not a walk in the park.. I have to learn how to ride again, MSP weigh 55lbs the difference in weight is night and day.. took me 4 hours to be able to ride it, but my legs still wobbling because of the weight. Here is my 4th hour/4th day of practice riding it in the park.

Nice~

The wider you can get your stance, namely in the heels, which is where the majority of your bodyweight lies over, the better you can balance the heavier MSP and negate the weight of the wheel (thus wobbles), as it will just become a balancing act between your two feet over the T-shaped swing/fulcrum of the pedals (swing) + tire (fulcrum).

Like any board sport, the best balance is with a relatively shoulder-width stance (go narrow, and you're way more liable to fall over), and EUC really is no different, once you get farther down the rabbit hole.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, houseofjob said:

Nice~

The wider you can get your stance, namely in the heels, which is where the majority of your bodyweight lies over, the better you can balance the heavier MSP and negate the weight of the wheel (thus wobbles), as it will just become a balancing act between your two feet over the T-shaped swing/fulcrum of the pedals (swing) + tire (fulcrum).

Like any board sport, the best balance is with a relatively shoulder-width stance (go narrow, and you're way more liable to fall over), and EUC really is no different, once you get farther down the rabbit hole.

Thanks for your tips...I have been a big fan of yours since I saw your youtube videos, I am honored. I hope to see more of your youtube videos in the future.

• Like 1