Jump to content
FTW

18XL Locked

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I’ve had my 18XL for almost two months, and aside from an issue with the trolley/lift sensor (which I’ve had disabled for about a month) it’s been working great. Until I tried to go for a ride this morning, and now when I turn it on the gyros won’t come on, and as soon as I connect the KS app to the wheel, an error message pops up “the vehicle has been locked, whether to contact customer service” (screenshot below) and then immediately powers off the wheel so I can’t try the unlock function or anything else. When I connect with DarknessBot, it pops up a message that says “the device requires PIN code”. 
 

Anyone else run into this problem and/or have a simple solution to this?
 

I bought through Taobao (China’s domestic branch of AliExpress) seller direct from China, updated to FW 2.02 the day I got it, and no problems since then until now. The wheel has almost 500 miles total on it. 

63221AAD-C44D-44C0-9307-BD9B819A2E87.png

69B99D9F-76EC-48B0-9EFA-E25BF0D7CE21.png

Edited by FTW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FTW said:

Anyone else run into this problem and/or have a simple solution to this?

I had a similar problem.  I contacted the dealer and they resolved the issue with Kingsong.  Apparently, they had sold me an "out of market" wheel.

Bruce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply Bruce. That's very reassuring, and I hope my seller will be able to sort this out with King Song directly ASAP. Still have to wait for them to wake up in China though... 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, there is another thread posted today that has more responses and information about this issue that I'm linking to below:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Seba said:

as I can't believe that King Song would decide to intentionally lock wheels manufactured for Chinese market, but bought in good will by the customers outside of China.

Unfortionatelly it seems to be this way :(

 

 

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

Currently I'm away from home

Hope you have a great time and enjoy your trip! :thumbup:

Looking forward to your reports!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 @Seba IT WORKED!! YOU ARE A SAINT!!! I have an iPhone (otherwise I'd be using your EUC World app!), so I had to use DarknessBot, and I entered my serial number in the window that pops up in DarknessBot that says "The device requires pin code" (I attached a screenshot of this in my original post above) and it let me in the app. The gyroscopes did not activate immediately though, so I went to the 'unlock' function in the app and unlocked it, at which point the gyros engaged and my wheel was up and running again. YEEHAW! 

Next time I'm in Poland the beers are on me Seba! 😁 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Due to updated backend systems, it has caused some users wheels to be locked again. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Please send me your serial number and I can assist you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, FTW said:

I’ve had my 18XL for almost two months, and aside from an issue with the trolley/lift sensor (which I’ve had disabled for about a month) it’s been working great. Until I tried to go for a ride this morning, and now when I turn it on the gyros won’t come on, and as soon as I connect the KS app to the wheel, an error message pops up “the vehicle has been locked, whether to contact customer service” (screenshot below) and then immediately powers off the wheel so I can’t try the unlock function or anything else. When I connect with DarknessBot, it pops up a message that says “the device requires PIN code”. 
 

Anyone else run into this problem and/or have a simple solution to this?
 

I bought through Taobao (China’s domestic branch of AliExpress) seller direct from China, updated to FW 2.02 the day I got it, and no problems since then until now. The wheel has almost 500 miles total on it. 

63221AAD-C44D-44C0-9307-BD9B819A2E87.png

69B99D9F-76EC-48B0-9EFA-E25BF0D7CE21.png

I have the same problem, my serial has letters, how you put those in the pin? It let's me add only numbers... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, pigghy said:

I have the same problem, my serial has letters, how you put those in the pin? It let's me add only numbers... 

Surely its not as simple as seeing which keypad has the letter on it you want? Those of us that have used 'normal' telephones, would probably just assume that's how its done?  You know.   #2  can be A,B,C...  Surely thats the case and similar to entering information over a home phone via keypad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, pigghy said:
19 hours ago, FTW said:

 

I have the same problem, my serial has letters, how you put those in the pin? It let's me add only numbers... 

I wrote my serial number out in another app and copy and pasted it into that window in the DarknessBot app. I probably should have put that in my instructions. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jack King Song said:

Due to updated backend systems, it has caused some users wheels to be locked again. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Please send me your serial number and I can assist you.

@Jack King Song, I don't post a lot on this forum, but my KS-18XL was unexpectedly locked after owning it for many months now.  I don't have enough site karma to DM you.  Is there another way of contacting either you or someone w/ Kingsong to get them to unlock my wheel permanently ?

Thanks !

bakaboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The code to lock the wheel from a distance did not get into the kingsong app by chance, it was put in there for a purpose. The app can even lock your wheel while running in the background as it did with my friend 's wheel. He had to remove the kingsong app from his phone and use the soft tuner app to unlock his wheel before the eucworld app could connect to the wheel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bakaboy said:

@Jack King Song, I don't post a lot on this forum, but my KS-18XL was unexpectedly locked after owning it for many months now.  I don't have enough site karma to DM you.  Is there another way of contacting either you or someone w/ Kingsong to get them to unlock my wheel permanently ?

Thanks !

bakaboy

Hey! 

You could also message us on FB. https://www.facebook.com/kingsong.international/

 

If you’ve experienced your vehicle being locked and are using Android please download the latest APK from our website.
This will unlock your wheel.

If you require additional support please message us. Thank you!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello( i am french sorry for my english)

I have the same problem i upgrade thé firmware of my ks 16S and i cant use my wheel. 

I am on IOS so i use the app darknessbot but the window didnt appeard on my screen so i cant enter my serial number.

Please help me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, emmanuella said:

hello( i am french sorry for my english)

I have the same problem i upgrade thé firmware of my ks 16S and i cant use my wheel. 

I am on IOS so i use the app darknessbot but the window didnt appeard on my screen so i cant enter my serial number.

Please help me 

@emmanuella did you connect the DarknessBot app to your wheel first? If it connected and didn’t pop up the window, did it let you access the functions and see info about your wheel? If so, try pressing the “lock” button in the app and see if it unlocks it. 

If that doesn’t work, it might help if you post a little more info about your situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

as told in another topic, I have a pending order for one KingSong wheel.... from China. 

...my first wheel!

Can I consider this problem (wheel made for chinese marked that are locked if they are shipped internationally)  "solved"?

The matter is important to me...

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, vanguard said:

Hello,

as told in another topic, I have a pending order for one KingSong wheel.... from China. 

...my first wheel!

Can I consider this problem (wheel made for chinese marked that are locked if they are shipped internationally)  "solved"?

The matter is important to me...

Thanks

You might run into issues with limitations in the KS app and EUC World due to it being a wheel meant for the Chinese domestic market but being used abroad. This is KS's way of discouraging these practices, but why it's the end user who "pays the price", I don't know...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...