Horn button

My KS can emit horn sounds but you need to push button in the app and for that you need to have phone in your hand and app open, which is distracting.

Did anybody try to somehow wire horn sound via some bluetooth controller. I have  bluetooth joystick, it would be nice to just push any button on it through the pocket. Not extremely comfortable but better than looking for a button in the app.

havent heard of that.. but the next best thing is having a smart watch with wheellog or euc world and dedicating a button while the app is open on the watch to the horn

35 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

havent heard of that.. but the next best thing is having a smart watch with wheellog or euc world and dedicating a button while the app is open on the watch to the horn

Errr using smartwatch for this is sub-optimal because of touch screen. it is just not going to work if you wear gloves. But just regular bluetooth button should do the trick. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Smartphones-zttopo-Wireless-Compatible/dp/B07MR1PHPZ/  Maybe tasker profile for android? If you could wire tasker to a horn button in the app.

6 minutes ago, Alj said:

Errr using smartwatch for this is sub-optimal because of touch screen. it is just not going to work if you wear gloves. But just regular bluetooth button should do the trick. Something like this https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Smartphones-zttopo-Wireless-Compatible/dp/B07MR1PHPZ/  Maybe tasker profile for android? If you could wire tasker to a horn button in the app.

i meant the physical button on the watch.. a pebble or any other watch should be able to do this.. as for the bt button i really dont think you would be able to do this as it is.. unless euc world were to support this functionality i cant see how you could possibly get this button to do something in a third party non supported app as im pretty sure it just triggers a fake button press (not entirely sure though)

4 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i cant see how you could possibly get this button to do something in a third party non supported app as im pretty sure it just triggers a fake button press (not entirely sure though)

tasker + autoinput should work in theory, if you using Android.

Now way in IOS, that's for sure.

Just now, Alj said:

tasker + autoinput should work in theory, if you using Android.

Now way in IOS, that's for sure.

i use automate which i think is the same thing as tasker and while it can do a ridiculous amount of stuff im not sure if there is anything on it that can say fake a touch on this part of the screen and even so, still not sure how you would sync it up with the bluetooth button itself... its probably possible in some way but seems overly complicated... would probably be easier to make the button trigger a horn sound file, which is exactly what pressing the horn button in the app does that way you dont need to use the app and it would be much less complicated, just connect to the wheels bt and start the tasker process on your phone

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rywokast said:

i meant the physical button on the watch.. a pebble or any other watch should be able to do this.. as for the bt button i really dont think you would be able to do this as it is.. unless euc world were to support this functionality i cant see how you could possibly get this button to do something in a third party non supported app as im pretty sure it just triggers a fake button press (not entirely sure though)

Euc world does support it at least for pebble watch, press and hold middle button will sound horn. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2020 at 8:11 PM, Alj said:

My KS can emit horn sounds but you need to push button in the app and for that you need to have phone in your hand and app open, which is distracting.

Did anybody try to somehow wire horn sound via some bluetooth controller. I have  bluetooth joystick, it would be nice to just push any button on it through the pocket. Not extremely comfortable but better than looking for a button in the app.

Just use Flic 2 button with EUC World :) The best and most convenient solution, as you can assign up to three custom actions - for example horn, lights on/off or... enforce regulatory compliance... ;)

• Like 1

I know is little off topic i use like horn this sound : http://soundbible.com/2142-FogHorn-Barge.html 

To trigger i use(ticwatch pro 2018) double "click" my watch and single "click" is same horn (because sometime my watch not good react to double tap) 

Long press i have AVAS on. Is amazing safety feature.(i use horse pack make by @travsformation briliant 10/10 soundpack). I now not play music on my ks16x if i go to place where is many people ,cyclist, i just turn on AVAS and i am shure nobody overlook me. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

know is little off topic i use like horn this sound : http://soundbible.com/2142-FogHorn-Barge.html 

Nice !!! :thumbup:

18 hours ago, DjPanJan said:

Long press i have AVAS on. Is amazing safety feature.(i use horse pack make by @travsformation briliant 10/10 soundpack). I now not play music on my ks16x if i go to place where is many people ,cyclist, i just turn on AVAS and i am shure nobody overlook me. 

Haha thanks! Glad you like it!

AVAS really is useful in terms of safety, I've lost track of the number of people who have been about to step in front of me but heard me coming and stopped in their tracks... :D

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I use EUC World with a Samsung watch.  after some tinkering I got the horn loud and clear just by tapping the watch screen. (I think I had to "turn on voice notifications" and something else.) It may work with some gloves but not mine, which I don't wear much anyway since I got Huskies to deal with as well as a phone and earbuds, gloves are too cumbersome.  You could use your tongue.  so just lick the watch when wanting to honk, there is no simpler way IMO.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ass said:

I use EUC World with a Samsung watch.  after some tinkering I got the horn loud and clear just by tapping the watch screen. (I think I had to "turn on voice notifications" and something else.) It may work with some gloves but not mine, which I don't wear much anyway since I got Huskies to deal with as well as a phone and earbuds, gloves are too cumbersome.  You could use your tongue.  so just lick the watch when wanting to honk, there is no simpler way IMO.

Ok, now I only need to drill a hole for my tongue in my MC helmet.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2020 at 5:18 AM, Alj said:

Ok, now I only need to drill a hole for my tongue in my MC helmet.

Hahah! This I can't unsee.

Or just press the watch face against exposed skin on your other fore arm or leg.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 5:50 AM, ass said:

It may work with some gloves but not mine, which I don't wear much anyway since I got Huskies to deal with as well as a phone and earbuds, gloves are too cumbersome. 

What's "Huskies"? 

• Like 1

You mean that @ass is riding his EUC while handling the phone, listening to music, and walking his dogs meanwhile?

First of all, that's cheating, since walking the dogs is supposed to be an activity for the owner too... :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Coco66 said:

You mean that @ass is riding his EUC while handling the phone, listening to music, and walking his dogs meanwhile?

First of all, that's cheating, since walking the dogs is supposed to be an activity for the owner too... :)

Don't worry, the dogs might be on skateboards.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To answer some questions. 

Having to put on gloves while holding leashes, then take them off since I forget to turn on appropriate apps on my phone etc. is a pain.  The dogs understand "hike, gee and haw (go, right and left) but not "whoa" so they have to be on a leash all the time.  One even ran after a bear and licked it, thankfully the bear didn't attack the dog, probably too busy watching me scream like a pregnant woman.

I have been called out for cheating Coco66, yes it is I admit. 

From now on I will wear gloves since I fell the other day when getting one of the dogs under my wheel .  I am still picking gravel out of my palm.

Toad, skateboards for dogs, hmmmm, good idea.

• 2 months later...