Jump to content

Mten 3: What one to get?


Recommended Posts

Hi, 

Uk based newbie here. Was looking at electric skateboards and scooters before arriving at unicycles. I’m sure I will break my neck whatever I choose!🤣

For my first wheel I was looking at either the VF5 or Mten3. The portability, zippyness and manoeuvrability factor meant the Mten3 is current favourite. I’ve been watching a ton of videos and reading forums like this. 

I have a tight budget and have been looking on aliexpress which is cheaper although takes forever to ship by the looks. I’ve seen the mten3 on 3 stores :

Airecho store 

67.2v/420wh - Samsung battery

80v/512wh - Sanyo battery

Lime tech store

67.2v/420wh - Samsung battery

80v/512wh - Sanyo battery

Sumtop store

67.2v/420wh - Samsung battery

80v/512wh -  NCR 16850 battery


The 67.2v version is the one within budget. Is anyone able to advise if they look legit based on above info and any experience? 
 

Thanks 

 

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Gregan said:

Hi, 

Uk based newbie here. Was looking at electric skateboards and scooters before arriving at unicycles. I’m sure I will break my neck whatever I choose!🤣

For my first wheel I was looking at either the VF5 or Mten3. The portability, zippyness and manoeuvrability factor meant the Mten3 is current favourite. I’ve been watching a ton of videos and reading forums like this. 

I have a tight budget and have been looking on aliexpress which is cheaper although takes forever to ship by the looks. I’ve seen the mten3 on 3 stores :

Airecho store 

67.2v/420wh - Samsung battery

80v/512wh - Sanyo battery

Lime tech store

67.2v/420wh - Samsung battery

80v/512wh - Sanyo battery

Sumtop store

67.2v/420wh - Samsung battery

80v/512wh -  NCR 16850 battery


The 67.2v version is the one within budget. Is anyone able to advise if they look legit based on above info and any experience? 
 

Thanks 

 

 

 

Yes, the spec's on those 67-volt Mten3's are legit. The 67-volt version is superb for someone on a budget.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If your on a budget and based in the UK the 84v/512wh from erides in London is £699 👍 I've just recently bought one that's the only one they stock and will come in 2 days 👍

Edited by stephen
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Yes, the spec's on those 67-volt Mten3's are legit. The 67-volt version is superb for someone on a budget.

Ok great thanks. Enjoyed some of YouTube vids riding it👍
 

7 hours ago, stephen said:

If your on a budget and based in the UK the 84v/512wh from erides in London is £699 👍 I've just recently bought one that's the only one they stock and will come in 2 days 👍

Tempting, thanks. The China route comes in at about £435 for the 67 volt which for a first wheel is about as high as I can go, albeit with the aliexpress potential frustrations 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

if you live in an area with rough road, the Mten3 could be frustrating to a new rider. I personally love the wheel (84V 512Wh) and take it on all my short range trips. As a first wheel however, it’s extremely twitchy and you may have very little margin of error if you encounter rough road or heavy potholes if you don’t know how to handle them  

Just something to think about; I wouldn’t want someone to have their first wheel be a poor experience. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mten is a definite winner in my book. Even as a nutty person who likes to push it, the smaller mten hits the spot. Cheap enough you can REALLY enjoy it, yet capable enough to be of REAL use. I have a vid or two of me playing around on mine. Its not highest quality, but dollar for dollar its totally acceptable and then some! I got the 67v small version at the advice of Marty.  Its unlike me to take advice or buy the smaller of anything. However, I'm glad I relied on the advice of someone who already had one and knows what's what. Taking advice...still not a habit of mine. MAybe hard to tell, but Im having serious fun in the video...Even the reverse challenge was wretchedly fun. Im not sure how you CANT have fun on the damn thing! I have a buddy who stood on it for a moment, he's excited to come learn next week. I do think I'll put him to learn on a bigger one, but the mten is totally learnable as a first wheel, you just gotta be determined to not quit.

 

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks all. I’ve ordered it and it appears to have started its shipping journey. 
 

Now just hoping I have some flukey ability to learn quick although I envisage a rougher journey. I used to roller skate, will that help!?! 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Gregan said:

Thanks all. I’ve ordered it and it appears to have started its shipping journey. 
 

Now just hoping I have some flukey ability to learn quick although I envisage a rougher journey. I used to roller skate, will that help!?! 

That may be wishful thinking :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Gregan said:

Thanks all. I’ve ordered it and it appears to have started its shipping journey. 
 

Now just hoping I have some flukey ability to learn quick although I envisage a rougher journey. I used to roller skate, will that help!?! 

I think your determination will help more than anything. Learning an euc is unlike anything I've ever done (aside from a real unicycle). I'm sure that other activiteis like skateboards and snowboards and skates and motorcycles etc.. .  all help with basic balance and motor skills, but I didnt find them to be as much help as I'd hoped. Once you do learn it tho, youll feel how it is similar to skiiing or riding a bicycle with no hands. Welcome and enjoy your new hobby!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2020 at 9:25 PM, ShanesPlanet said:

Mten is a definite winner in my book. Even as a nutty person who likes to push it, the smaller mten hits the spot. Cheap enough you can REALLY enjoy it, yet capable enough to be of REAL use. I have a vid or two of me playing around on mine. Its not highest quality, but dollar for dollar its totally acceptable and then some! I got the 67v small version at the advice of Marty.  Its unlike me to take advice or buy the smaller of anything. However, I'm glad I relied on the advice of someone who already had one and knows what's what. Taking advice...still not a habit of mine. MAybe hard to tell, but Im having serious fun in the video...Even the reverse challenge was wretchedly fun. Im not sure how you CANT have fun on the damn thing! I have a buddy who stood on it for a moment, he's excited to come learn next week. I do think I'll put him to learn on a bigger one, but the mten is totally learnable as a first wheel, you just gotta be determined to not quit.

 

"This shit right here is new", I love that and echo your sentiments...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ride a lot of steep stuff around here and am zapping my 325wh battery pretty quickly, y'all know if I can upgrade batteries or should I just buy the 512 complete wheel, I'm thinking having 2 mtens wouldn't be a bad idea anyways. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

I ride a lot of steep stuff around here and am zapping my 325wh battery pretty quickly, y'all know if I can upgrade batteries or should I just buy the 512 complete wheel, I'm thinking having 2 mtens wouldn't be a bad idea anyways. 

dont upgrade batteries, batteries cost too much. It would anger me to have a good condition battery pack just sitting and inevitably going bad or becoming a hazard. Its funny how we dont bitch about the power of the little mten, only the range. It says a lot about the wheel for sure. If you REALLY find yourself wanting more range all the time (must be having a blast on the mten!), I'd buy another one altogether, as you obviously enjoy it and you obviously would cry like a baby if your only one was inop for a bit. Having 2 mtens.... you could single handedly entice all your friends to ride along. Oh the fun of watching such carnage! We both know that if you wanted to sell the older mten, it would only take a few moments of you riding it around your buddies and offering it up at a great price.

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...