Kenda K262 tyre (available in USA from eWheels)

RagingGrandpa

On 2/15/2021 at 8:01 PM, 11x11 said:

Thanks RagingGrandpa,

"practically" is the point... That's why i'm digging for the Kenda : from what i've read, mostly here (mrelwood & more), i think i would feel (slightly?) even better with K262.

I’m sorry, in that case I have not been able to express my opinions and understandings very clearly!

In my understanding the Kenda K262 and CST C-186 are one and the same. Shinko SR241 is the slightly different one.

Many tire brands do this. The Shinko SR244 for example can also be had rebranded with several other titles. Some of them might be copies, but my guess is that the factory that actually manufactures the tire sells the same model forward to several tire brands, and just stamps them accordingly. The exact same process is a relatively common occurrence in affordable guitar manufacturing.

Don’t waste your time and go with the C-186! I definitely do love mine!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

and what the heck is going on with tire supply in the US?!

K262 and now Duro HF307 on backorder :(

Maybe there is something like a discussion forum somewhere, where people have recently learned about these models, and started to hoard in these tires like nobody’s business...? 😆

I’m sure a lot of all kinds of products in general are on back order ATM, since nothing in the world has worked as they used to, for a full year now.

• Like 2

I found a K262 2.75-14 for my MSX online last week and ordered it. Problem is that I did it while I was waiting for a new phone in the store.  Took screen shot to record where I got it.  then got home and restored my new phone from back up and erased my old one, not realizing that the screenshot that I took will not carry over, since it was not part of the last back up.  A few days later, I remembered about my purchase and started looking through my emails.  All I had was the emails from paypal regarding the payment. A day later a tracking number for China EMS popped up in PayPal transaction detail.  As far as I can see it's on the plane to the US, but I have no idea what online store I bought it from nor if they are sending the right product or not.  So just checking the tracking everyday and hoping for a pleasant surprise...

I was hunting for an HF307 as well but might have stumbled on an EBay gem. This looks like some generic k262/cst186 equivalent. What do you guys think? I might pull the trigger on it and take the risk. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pit-Dirt-Bike-Outer-Tire-2-75-14-TUBE-TYPE-4PR-TPGS-134-TPGS-114/290581749042?hash=item43a8059d32%3Ag%3AyUQAAOxy79VRfSab&fbclid=IwAR3EnGIjp889SHIw6JBkfAFW-nT69Z-8i7nIg1AQH1UL7OUIxL_3BJpOWcA

6 hours ago, Stadler said:

It looks like it is in stock but I have attempted to order from them and it is on back order.  They will contact you within a week of ordering and try to sell you something else. 

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, pkinpdx said:

It looks like it is in stock but I have attempted to order from them and it is on back order.  They will contact you within a week of ordering and try to sell you something else. 

Same. Ordered yesterday and they emailed me saying the ETA is late April. 

Edited by BruceCLin
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, BruceCLin said:

Same. Ordered yesterday and they emailed me saying the ETA is late April. 

Dang!!!  Scammers!  Sorry guys. I'll continue to look around

• Like 2

On 3/2/2021 at 10:01 AM, Albatross said:

I found a K262 2.75-14 for my MSX online last week and ordered it. Problem is that I did it while I was waiting for a new phone in the store.  Took screen shot to record where I got it.  then got home and restored my new phone from back up and erased my old one, not realizing that the screenshot that I took will not carry over, since it was not part of the last back up.  A few days later, I remembered about my purchase and started looking through my emails.  All I had was the emails from paypal regarding the payment. A day later a tracking number for China EMS popped up in PayPal transaction detail.  As far as I can see it's on the plane to the US, but I have no idea what online store I bought it from nor if they are sending the right product or not.  So just checking the tracking everyday and hoping for a pleasant surprise...

So my tracking shows that the package is in LA and will be delivered before March 8th.  I am really hoping that its the K262 in there. 

Just an FYI to anyone who tried ordering from Midwesttraction and cedarrapidstire, these websites are exactly the same distributor (and I found out at the point of the Paypal confirmation). I don't know if they're straight-up scammers, but a support member contacted me for both transactions the following business day and said they would not have the tire until April 2021 onward. At this point, they should make an effort to take down the item(s) from their website, but they didn't. They immediately reverted both transactions once I told them I wanted my money back, so I really didn't have a problem other than it being disappointing. It's still bait at this point for any potential customers.

It's funny because I got that ebay tire and immediately caught word of SpeedyFeet having the k262 available. I returned the ebay tire right away, and I was lucky to grab an actual k262 but paid $70 total as there was no other choice besides the 2-day international shipping. If he ever posts an update on stock, I'll be sure to update you guys.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Looks like Kenda actually has a few of these in one of their midwest US warehouses. If you have a motorcycle dealership near you that deals in Kenda, they should be able to get it in for you.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...