Teamgee models

Cool J

Hej

Hope somone can help me deside wich Teamgee model to buy.

Found a realy good deal at gearbest.com, but all the specs look compleatly the same to me.

Loking to buy either the T1, G1 or F1B. And the deal runs out this friday.

Thx

Just for your information - take a look at http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/478-brands-with-without-unexpected-shutdowns-new-buyers-look-here/ and http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/459-electric-unicycles-bms-problem-and-solution/ . I think Teamgee makes the EUCs with the short name TG? They are prone to cutoffs - so you either have good reaction times and are able to run off the stopping EUC or modify the BMS of the wheel.

Here in the forum are also quite some reports of problems with the batteries and/or charger of TG models.

I am owener of a Teamgee Model (TG-F3) and I am very pleased with it. Since July I had no cutoff (and hopefully will never have). The cutoffs seem to be a danger of all electric unicycles, even the Ninebot One. It's been said King Song unicycles do not have shutoffs, I am not sure about that. Higher battery capacity might give a bit more safety because there is more energy available. In my opinion it is very important to never push an electric unicycle over it's limits and disregard it's warnings. Charging the TG-F3 was never a problem. I recommend it to others, especially because it has a battery with a capacity of 264Wh (besides the good looks). 

Are there a difference between F3 and F3B? Cause as I can see on gearbest there is only 132WH. But yes its the best looking TG model.

Its hard to figure out when the right the same specs on all the models.

But maybe I should just spend a little extra on the Pinwheel T1? I like the fact that its waterproof.

9 minutes ago, Cool J said:

Are there a difference between F3 and F3B? Cause as I can see on gearbest there is only 132WH. But yes its the best looking TG model.

But maybe I should just spend a little extra on the Pinwheel T1? I like the fact that its waterproof.

I'd definitely go for the Pinwheel - it has hotswappable batteries, USB charge function and a higher capacity (190Wh vs 132Wh). If you're buying from China anyway it's cheapest here from what I can see (no idea if the site is any good).

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I'd definitely go for the Pinwheel - it has hotswappable batteries, USB charge function and a higher capacity (190Wh vs 132Wh). If you're buying from China anyway it's cheapest here from what I can see (no idea if the site is any good).

Thx for the link, but unfortunately they have a high shipping price to Denmark where i live. Where gearbest send for free.

But i have a hard time to decide if it wort spending the extra 100$. From 240 to 340 for the TG G3 to Pinwheel T1 as a first time EUC.

I've owned the Pinwheel for a few months now and can say it's a great first wheel.  I haven't had any unexpected shuts offs yet and it charges fast.

Gearbest has a promo coming I think.  I will ask the rep who sent me mine, if any specials are coming.

I just got the TG-T3 and now wish it had a bit more range and power so if you have to get from GearBest then maybe the Pinwheel would be better.  After you get to riding it pretty well I think you'll want more of everything.  I've read all the stories about bms shutdown and safety cut offs and how dangerous the TG EU's are but I've not experienced any of those issues even though I've rode it down to just 1 battery light several times.  I also rode it up all the way to it's max speed a lot, but it has tilt back and speed beeps to warn you.  As long as you listen to the warnings and not push it too hard should be ok probably.

7 minutes ago, GJHS said:

I've owned the Pinwheel for a few months now and can say it's a great first wheel.  I haven't had any unexpected shuts offs yet and it charges fast.

Gearbest has a promo coming I think.  I will ask the rep who sent me mine, if any specials are coming.

Thx for the experience.

The Gearbest promo you are talking about, isnt that the one running now that expires the 13 nov?

6 hours ago, Cool J said:

132Wh are simply not enough :)

2 hours ago, BA-B8 said:

I just got the TG-T3 and now wish it had a bit more range and power so if you have to get from GearBest then maybe the Pinwheel would be better.  After you get to riding it pretty well I think you'll want more of everything.  I've read all the stories about bms shutdown and safety cut offs and how dangerous the TG EU's are but I've not experienced any of those issues even though I've rode it down to just 1 battery light several times.  I also rode it up all the way to it's max speed a lot, but it has tilt back and speed beeps to warn you.  As long as you listen to the warnings and not push it too hard should be ok probably.

When you say more power, is that the W of the motor? As I can see of the specs, the Pinwheel and the TG has the same W motor.

1 hour ago, Cool J said:

When you say more power, is that the W of the motor? As I can see of the specs, the Pinwheel and the TG has the same W motor.

I think the same motor but for some reason the specs on the Pinwheel says it can go a little faster.  18km/h vs 15km/h for the T3 Maybe the control board computer allows it to push the wheel a little faster.

9 hours ago, Cool J said:

Are the 180WH in the Pinwheel then? ?

I read »190Wh«. But figure this: my TG-F3 has a 350W motor, a battery of 264Wh and has a range of 18km (me weighting 76kg and in a no hills environment). That means it would have a range of 13km if the capacity of the battery would be 190Wh. Is that enough range for you? 10Wh are approximately good for 0,68 kilometers (0,43 miles). Depends on drivers weight, slopes, speed and temperature. 

Thats a good way to figure it out. I think my minimum is the 190WH the.

GJHS wrote that gearbest maybe is going to have a promo on the Pinwheel soon, think I will wait a little a see if the price drobs a little or the get the Pinwheel T1F with better specs :-)

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Cool J said:

SuperSport: Is your TG-F3 waterproof?

I'm not sure.  On ElectricUnicycleonline.com they claim the orange one is, but the black one does not say.  I don't see it anywhere in the specs, so I would assume no.  Although, when pulling it apart, it appears to easily be splash proof, but I would not submerge under water...

The Battery and Motherboard covers do fit into a recessed area, and the compartment seems sealed fairly well.  If concerned, I would put some sealant around the fittings, and I'm sure it would be then.

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/tg-f3-self-balancing-electric-unicycle-264wh-orange.html

http://www.electricunicycleonline.com/tg-f3-self-balancing-electric-unicycle-264wh-black.html

Thx

Its cause I found a site that buys things in US and send them, so the price 240$ you wrote aboute, maybe I can buy that one and the tax and transport is only an 140$ extra. So 380$ in all.

Thats worth considering :-)

Archived