Teamgee models

Cool J

1 hour ago, Cool J said:

Thx

Its cause I found a site that buys things in US and send them, so the price 240$ you wrote aboute, maybe I can buy that one and the tax and transport is only an 140$ extra. So 380$ in all.

Thats worth considering :-)

Definitely worth considering.  I am quite happy with this one for the price, although, it's the only one I've ridden so far, so I don't have anything to compare to.  I did have issues with the battery and charger, but Banggood has been quite helpful in getting this sorted.  I'm still able to ride, just not as far as I'd like until the new battery arrives.

Other than that, it's smooth, quiet, comfortable (as much as can be with something pressing on the inside of your leg for an hour).  It appears to handle nice, but it will NOT climb my 25 degree grade driveway.  I've done about 20 degrees and that barely works, but it works.  That's pretty steep though, so not a knock against it.

Here is my second ride video if you have not seen it yet:  (You can see it operate)

Total distance that day was 4.68 miles (EDIT: Actually closer to 5 miles because I forgot to start the app at the beginning).  I'm expecting about 10 REAL miles with a good battery, maybe a little more.  Video recorded holding my iPhone 6s Plus in my hand.

33 minutes ago, Makoben said:

Super sport, I ordered one from the site. It seems like a great price and I will let everyone know how it works out.

Mike

Cool!  I really LOVE mine!  Took a 6 or so mile ride this morning in 38 degree weather.  It was a blast, and of course, everyone wants to know what they are.

Also, picked up my new Ninebot One E+ today.  Haven't even opened the box yet.  Waiting for my wife to get home so she can experience the un-boxing.  I'm hoping to get her hooked at some point.  So far, she says NO to her riding one.  I'm considering one of those One Wheel Bikes for her.  She said she would ride that.

http://www.banggood.com/One-Wheel-Motorcycles-17inch-Vacuum-Tire-Self-Balance-With-LED-Headlight-p-982463.html

• 8 months later...

Finally :D

Just wanted to give a status update as a THANKS to all the help in this topic!

Just ordered my first EUC, only 9 mounths after starting to look in to it :P. Now i just have to be patient, and wait the couple of weeks until its delivered.

Found a good deal on pinwheelonline.com.

Are waiting to get the Pinwheel T1F. 190WH with a 450W motor.

Only 200$ for the EUC it self, and then they promises only 160$ for shipping, tax, custom duty and told :) that is realy cheap when you live in Denmark ;)

Looking forward to be a real part of this Forum

4 minutes ago, Cool J said:

Only 200$ for the EUC it self, and then they promises only 160$ for shipping, tax, costume duty

Couldn't you just wear your own clothing and save on the "costume duty" as well?

By the way, A bit of a surprising wheel to go for after reading this forum for months ;-)

6 minutes ago, Keith said:

Couldn't you just wear your own clothing and save on the "costume duty" as well?

By the way, A bit of a surprising wheel to go for after reading this forum for months ;-)

Hope the spelling are more correct now :)

Think its a good starting EUC according to what I read so far in here.

Especially when thinking of the price.

But a friend of mine are also looking for a starting EUC now i ordered one, wich one would you chose then?

And yes, there are proberbly more spelling errors :P

I was only joking about the costume duty, one thing is very certain your English is way, way better than my Danish (or anything else)

I must confess I can find little info on the T1F (appears to be T1F plus?) other than a guy who has managed to blow up the motherboard twice: http://hoverboardfails.net/electric-unicycle-fail-pinwheel-t1f-during-a-simple-test-2nd-motherboard/ doing something, that IMHO, is very likely to overheat the MOSFET's and cause them to fail on many wheels.

The battery capacity is a very odd size at 190Wh and has to be Lithium Polymer as I am not aware of any LiIon cells that would give you 190Wh. LiPos are more fragile, tend to have lower cycle capability and I wonder what BMS has been used with them as most are designed around 18650 LiIon cells?

Generally the well held view on this forum is anything less then around 260Wh isn't worth bothering with as that is the size that tends to indicate at least 2 cells in parallel (I.e. 32 cells in total) which halves the current drain on each cell and hense the voltage drop and stress on the battery. Anything with just 16 cells in it might do around 5miles (8km) if you are fairly light but the voltage drop will make the last 3km or so not at all fun and any sort of hill impossible. However LiPos have lower internal resistance so will hold their voltage better and to a lower state of charge so, if this wheel has them, they may not last as many cycles but they may well give better power for  lot further into a discharge. It is the voltage sagging that causes wheel power cut off with a bad BMS, again, may not be such a big problem with LiPo's, at least until they are a couple of years old.

Of course, if price is a big issue, then as cheap wheels go the Pinwheel does seem reasonable, trouble is that if you are certain you will take to EUC'ing you are likely to outgrow it for something better like an Inmotion, KingSong, Gotway or Ninebot. Check the profiles of other posters in this thread, those that are still active tend to be on something better now. On that note, you might want to consider stalling your friend for a bit as you might want to consider selling him/her your Pinwheel when you upgrade ;-)

4 minutes ago, Keith said:

The battery capacity is a very odd size at 190Wh and has to be Lithium Polymer as I am not aware of any LiIon cells that would give you 190Wh. LiPos are more fragile, tend to have lower cycle capability and I wonder what BMS has been used with them as most are designed around 18650 LiIon cells?

That, or they've been a bit "creative" with the calculation of the capacity. For example, assuming 2.9Ah cells and using the maximum voltage (67.2V) you arrive at 67.2V * 2.9Ah = 194.88Wh. Firewheel did it with the F779-model, it's actually 696Wh (but the others, ie F132, F264 & F528 are what it says in the model number).

• 2 years later...

just bought a secondhand teamgee on fleabay - however despite turning it on, the gyroscope stabiliser doesn't keep it upright. Also making a continuous beeping noise while charging from the mains, together with dancing lights. Do I need a new app for this and if so, where can I down load it? Thanks.

40 minutes ago, Bobjai69 said:

just bought a secondhand teamgee on fleabay - however despite turning it on, the gyroscope stabiliser doesn't keep it upright. Also making a continuous beeping noise while charging from the mains, together with dancing lights. Do I need a new app for this and if so, where can I down load it? Thanks.

Seams to be doa? Is it charged?

Umo there is no app for teamgee wheels, is there one?

5 hours ago, Chriull said:

Seams to be doa? Is it charged?

Umo there is no app for teamgee wheels, is there one?

Doesn't hold charge nor want to pair playing music via bluetooth - in short, it's a dud. Opened up a case with fleabay ( afterall they did warn me of the iffy transaction ONLY after I  had won and paid for the device ). Very confident I'll get a refund - as the seller was quite vague about the listings description to the point of not accepting a return, plus it was listed as 'used' rather than 'spares or repair' she's now claiming to have listed it by after requesting a refund and return..

Archived