Ks16s not powering up

LeGiroquoi

Hello

So it's my second kingsong in 3 weeks. And both have died on me right on arrival. Is it my bad luck or kingsong is crappy?

One was a ks18a that one a ks18s . I bought them because the size and seat was perfect fit..

I resold the ks18a and now I'm trying to power up the S.

It arrives yesterday. Bought used but I have no reason to think the seller was a scam. Right out of the box,no power. Pressing the power button does nothing.

I plugged it and charged it  (the power brick shown red then green light after a while, indicating in my opinion that there is life in the battery.)

But yet... No power . why?????!!!! 

If anybody could give me some hints on what to check..

What can I do. I opened the top part to check the motherboard that doesn't seem to be broken or burn..

Sooooo disappointed I might never try any kingsong wheels ever. Had ninebot, Inmotion and Gotway wheels all working perfectly

The wheel still seems to have warranty left . Bought from ewheels last June. Is warranty transferable? And I'm in Canada, maybe it's a problem?

Thanks for your help

Edited by Eric plam

21 minutes ago, Eric plam said:

Hello

So it's my second kingsong in 3 weeks. And both have died on me right on arrival. Is it my bad luck or kingsong is crappy?

One was a ks18a that one a ks18s . I bought them because the size and seat was perfect fit..

I resold the ks18a and now I'm trying to power up the S.

It arrives yesterday. Bought used but I have no reason to think the seller was a scam. Right out of the box,no power. Pressing the power button does nothing.

Why you think it's Kingsongs fault and not the sellers?

One does not know if it died on arrival, during the transport or was already not working before....

If the wheel has out of the box no power that means that batteries were already empty before or the wheel was engaged during the transport. 

I plugged it and charged it  (the power brick shown red then green light after a while, indicating in my opinion that there is life in the battery.)

Or the BMS cut off. Could be a bad battery?

About how long showed the light red?

But yet... No power . why?????!!!! 

If anybody could give me some hints on what to check..

By no power you mean absolutely nothing happening? No beep, no light and no connection to an app possible?

What can I do. I opened the top part to check the motherboard that doesn't seem to be broken or burn..

You can measure the battery voltage?

The on/off button or the wires to the button could have a problem?

Maybe also the fuse(s)?

The wheel still seems to have warranty left . Bought from ewheels last June. Is warranty transferable? And I'm in Canada, maybe it's a problem?

Imho yes - but no idea if and how it transfers with private sales across a border. And if ewheels sells to canada?

Also as long as it is not known what's why not working no one knows if this cause is covered by warranty anyhow.

But best to ask ewheels directly - they are known here for great customer service.

Thanks for your reply.

No power, no beeps, nothing when I press the button..

The wheel was shipped with around 50 percent battery, as a photo sent by the seller shown..

Yes I'll try to check the connection, wires, etc

3 hours ago, Eric plam said:

Thanks for your reply.

No power, no beeps, nothing when I press the button..

The wheel was shipped with around 50 percent battery, as a photo sent by the seller shown..

Yes I'll try to check the connection, wires, etc

Kingsong now ships all there wheels in the locked state, since it happened in the past that the wheel turned on while transport.

This normally kills the wheel... Or at least depletes the battery.

So the fuses could have gone if this happened or the batteries just went below being to be charged again...

Ps.: The wheel turns fine or feels stuck?

PPS.: Who had the risk of transport - you or the seller?

Edited by Chriull
  • Like 1

I don't think this has anything to to with Kingsong.

1. Check the fuses. Maybe you're lucky and it's just a fuse. Maybe it's something else and you see what part is bad.
  2. Try to get a remedy from the seller. He sent you a wheel that is dead on arrival (literally) which shouldn't be. Return of refund it if you can.
  3. Since it is from ewheels, you can contact ewheels, quickly describe the problem, and ask what a fix would be. Probably a new board (which would negate the cost savings of the used wheel:angry:) which you can put in then. They have great customer service and will surely help you.

I hope for you it's just a fuse somewhere:)

Edited by meepmeepmayer

13 hours ago, Eric plam said:

Does the white fumes are normal? Or is it burn?

_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

It's soldering flux residues. It's normal thing, nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for that. I checked into the box and there is some rubber marks, as if the wheel spin in the box

Do you think the motor could have broke? The control board and fuses do not really show marks of burn..

I ordered a new control board. Hope that will work..otherwise any other idea on why it didn't power up?

Thanks!

2 hours ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Was the wheel shipped to you in a locked state? This is a safe way of shipping KS wheels because they then can't turn on in transit. Try just going to the KS app, connect to your wheel and then click unlock.

When I bought a wheel 2nd hand shipped I asked the guy to disconnect the battery or cover the power button. Pulling cables was too complicated so I wasn't sure how he had solved it  

Upon unboxing I saw the solution which was brilliantly simple. A pet bottle cap taped over the button. :D

• Like 2