EUC Charger Timer

Rehab1

2 minutes ago, Seba said:

That's the plan, but to make it possible EUC World will have to be connected with wheel during charging process. Read more below...

But you will be able to use any cheap, old Android device with EUC World app in "charging monitor" mode that will  act as a gateway between your wheel and EUC World account, so you can use your regular phone to control entire process via Internet. This is of course one of the possible solutions. 

Would it be possible to maybe connect it to a server trough bluetooth instead of a phone?

Maybe I should just replace the battery in my old samsung s6+ and use that for this.

I have been using these sockets since the beginning to control my charger when I want to go on a spontaneous tour after work. They also have a measuring function. But they only measure what the charger consumes and not what is effectively charged into the battery. :confused1:

I also managed to manually switch off the charge remotely before the battery is 100% charged, but to do this I had to continuously check the current consumption every few minutes until it dropped due to the reduced charging power just before the end of the charging process. :eff006f726::efefc8626c:

5 minutes ago, Seba said:

That's the plan, but to make it possible EUC World will have to be connected with wheel during charging process. Read more below...

But you will be able to use any cheap, old Android device with EUC World app in "charging monitor" mode that will  act as a gateway between your wheel and EUC World account, so you can use your regular phone to control entire process via Internet. This is of course one of the possible solutions. 

This would not be a problem, because there are Android tablets everywhere in the house or hanging on the wall. The prerequisite would be that the EUC World App is always running and not terminated by the power management.

Where we are at Bluettooth. How is the BT range with you guys? On my 16X it is very bad.
BT data is better, but in my house is at 5 meters air line, open doors, but 2 walls in between already end with the connection.
BT music is even worse, there is already a loss of reception after 3 meters. It's not the mobile phone, because other BT-speakers work up to 30 meters through 2 thick stone walls and steel doors without any problems.

I think KS has used some crap, or intentionally throttled it because of the BT interference problems with the control board.

2 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

I have sketchy wifi reception in my barn. Suppose I could steal the neighbor’s connection or just install a long distance repeater antenna. 

The WiFi extenders work great. I just pug one of these cheap unit in on my back porch and it reaches to my shop. I also have one on my front porch to extend into the front yard so that I can listen to YouTube lectures on my phone while mowing the yard. My wife thinks I added it so she can play games on her phone while sun bathing on the front porch. :efef585a74:

theBooster & Repeater https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R92CL5E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fm2jEbVRQMT2Q 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Seba said:

@Marty Backe, let me know if TP-Link HS110 is available on US market. I plan to include direct support for this plug in EUC World for charging process control & monitoring.

@Seba, do you think it's possible to add a function that will call periodically a url with some parameters like charge level, voltage, current ? A lot of houses there a including home automation systems, and this the easiest way to interface with theses controllers (Jeedom, Vera, AutoHome, etc)... All plugs and all lights in my home are driven this way...

So I received and setup my HS110. I'm charging my Nikola with it now.

This thing is fantastic. My wheel is in my detached garage, charging away, and I'm able to monitor the power flowing through the outlet - 131watts. Super easy to remotely control the outlet including setting timers.

I think the wheel should be fully charged in less than 6-hours, so I just set a timer to turn it off in 6-hours, when I'll be sleeping.

Beyond the control features, the power monitoring (up to 30-days of usage history available) of this $22 device is very impressive.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 10:08 PM, TomOnWheels said:

@Seba, do you think it's possible to add a function that will call periodically a url with some parameters like charge level, voltage, current ? A lot of houses there a including home automation systems, and this the easiest way to interface with theses controllers (Jeedom, Vera, AutoHome, etc)... All plugs and all lights in my home are driven this way...

Sure. Send me more details about it and I'll add this to my "todo" list.

• Like 1