I'm tired of saying "no, not that kind of unicycle"

soundkite

Of course, "hover" in hoverboard and hoverwheel does not mean literally hover; it means for human body to move effortlessly without moving limbs. If you watch somebody moving in this manner but their legs are obscured by a fence, it does look like they're hovering. To fight the word "hover" in hoverboard and hoverwheel is like fighting "dial" in "dial a number" - "but I don't dial anything, I tap the touchscreen!" It's just silly. It's silly to fight with the Goliath of the industry where "hoverboard" is already a firmly established name. And "hoverwheel" is just a natural extension of that onto one-wheeled self-balancing scooters without handlebars.

Yer resistance is futile. You must unconditionally surrender! It is HOVERWHEEL!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Satoki Nagata said:

This might be the most resemble riding feel with EUC, I assume.

FlybipedalWheel ?:roflmao:

Did you know that the guy flying owns an electric unicycle? It's probably where he got the idea from.

• Like 1

In the Czech Republic there is an official name for the EUC which is used by the court, lawyers, police, and the Transportation Act and I am not joking about that.
Strong WTF moment when I read the law.
Personal container with self-balancing device /Osobní přepravník se samovyvažovacím zařízením

And the rules are:

1. Ride primarily on the sidewalk, maximum walking speed because you are a pedestrian in the Czech law (on EUC).
2. on the EUC bike path = bicycle
3. You have to drive on the left side of the road because you are a pedestrian.
4. You can enter the one-way street because you are a pedestrian.
max speed is 7kmh footpath

25kmh bike path

50kmh road in city 

Czech unoficial word for EUC is : Jednokolka or kolečko in my north moravia region.

https://cs.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osobní_přepravník_se_samovyvažovacím_zařízením

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DjPanJan said:

And the rules are:

1. Ride primarily on the sidewalk, maximum walking speed because you are a pedestrian in the Czech law (on EUC).
2. on the EUC bike path = bicycle
3. You have to drive on the left side of the road because you are a pedestrian.
4. You can enter the one-way street because you are a pedestrian.
max speed is 7kmh footpath

25kmh bike path

50kmh road in city 

Wow. You mean you actually have sensible laws governing EUC’s??

In Australia, legislators are lazy. They just knee jerk ban anything new and wait to see what the rest of the world does.

I’m effectively breaking the law as soon as I take my EUC past my driveway. :blink1:

• Like 2

Yes we have a law due to segway rentals in the past in the capital there were many injured and knocked down people.

Therefore, they have made an anti segway law and even each city can exclude any self-balancing facility in its territory.

Attention Prague 1 (historical part) has a complete ban on self-balancing devices, but silly scooters can go there without restrictions it is as embarrassing as our populist politicians who do not know what they are voting for and what its consequences are.

Back to topic here sell these products e-shop as electric unicycle. But even the general public understands this term.

8 hours ago, MR BRAD said:

I kinda dig @travsformation‘s voltaic something or other moniker though! 

"Voltaic singular circumference roller", but I'm thinking of calling it "Voltaic Circumference Roller" for short. We'll abbreviate it as VCR. I can't imagine anyone confusing it with anything else... :whistling: