Blending Hoverwheel and OneWheel

Aneta

I thought this deserves a separate thread since it was an offtopic in "Justify buying a Gotway Monster v3?" thread. Let's discuss this:

Anyone done this? Or interested in doing this? Perhaps, someone will be interested in making a commercial platform like this? 

I think it would be even more interesting if the platform was wide enough over the pedals so you can stand on it like normally on hoverwheel. Or can stand at 45 degree offset. Basically, something like a toilet seat.

If someone has done this, please share how difficult it would be to learn for someone who never rode a onewheel, any tips and tricks?

Edited by Aneta
  • Like 1

There's several YouTube videos of people who have converted to the side stance instead of the forward stance, the primary difference between a conversion and a OW is the ability of the OW to be triggered via pedal sensors into off or on.

Whether you should or shouldn't comes down to a very simple question you can ask @Darrell WeshWesh...

Do 100 meter dash runners who must have maximum control of their COG commonly start facing forward or facing sideways?

This! Yes! Please! Love my Onewheel. Have over 3000 miles on it. It’s fun to carve and addictive like a snowboard, but the 15mph top speed makes it tough on longer rides. My Nikola is really fast, a joy on long trips, but no fun in corners. 

You’d think GotWay could put Onewheel out of business in an afternoon, for they have the technology. The day someone invents a Onewheel that can cruise at 25mph, I’m selling everything. 

Then, there was this thing 4 years ago:

They called it interchangeably hoverwheel/hoverboard, but since it has this distinct board like on a skateboard, hoverboard is a natural name for it. If the platform were more like a ring around the wheel, it would be a hoverwheel.

19 hours ago, Aneta said:

Then, there was this thing 4 years ago:

They called it interchangeably hoverwheel/hoverboard, but since it has this distinct board like on a skateboard, hoverboard is a natural name for it. If the platform were more like a ring around the wheel, it would be a hoverwheel.

Probably because in reality the devices based on this design are utter crap.