New KS16X - Seat? Protection?

Peters

Hello
I just ordered my 16X, should arrive in a week or two. Hope sooner!
Its my very first intro to EUC, so its going to be an exciting adventure in learning how to ride and join this awesome group!

Is the seat worth getting?
Any suggestions on protecting the wheel from bumps and scratches? (Im thinking to wrapping it in 3M Vinyl protective tape, like ones used on car hoods)

Thank you

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Peters said:

Hello
I just ordered my 16X, should arrive in a week or two. Hope sooner!
Its my very first intro to EUC, so its going to be an exciting adventure in learning how to ride and join this awesome group!

Is the seat worth getting?
Any suggestions on protecting the wheel from bumps and scratches? (Im thinking to wrapping it in 3M Vinyl protective tape, like ones used on car hoods)

Thank you

KS16X is my first EUC too. It took me 2 weeks to learn and be comfortable riding it outside. I got the seat too. But it looks like it'll be another 2 weeks of learning skill.

• Like 1

only you can decide if the seat is worth it, and only way to know is try it lol... if you like to go on lots of long rides, then i would say its definitely worth it.. its a fun new way to ride that is different that what youre used to and a new skill to learn, plus you can use it on long trips to give your feet a bit of a break... if you dont go on a lot of really long rides i would say dont bother because the seat sits on top of the handle obviously, meaning you would have to take off the seat and carry it every time you went into a store or carried/trollied the euc anywhere, whether that concerns you or not i have no idea but i take my eucs into stores all the time and that would be annoying, so i would use one of my other eucs unless i was going on a dedicated ride.. also for protection the best thing ive found is baby bumper foam you can probably find it on amazon but this is the cheapest i have found.. the foam comes with double sides tape and can be cut any way you like easily and stuck down with at least some aesthetic.. otherwise you can go into a dollar store, buy a yoga foam mat and cut it up stick it on with double sided tape.. not as clean looking if you ask me.... for the pedal undersides and sharp corners i like to use this there is the really thick one and one thinner one that works great for around curves, very impact resistant and sticks well.. i get it at canadian tire.. BUT once you graduate from the learning bumps and bruises i would highly recommend a bodyguard from @The Fat Unicyclist you will not find a more wholly protective cover and they look great too

20190904_193439.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Rywokast said:

i would highly recommend a bodyguard from @The Fat Unicyclist you will not find a more wholly protective cover and they look great too

Thanks for the endorsement @Rywokast!

Regarding a seat for the 16X, I would first ask how tall you are? As sitting on an EUC can be difficult if you are on the taller side...

• Like 1

I would overwrap for the beginning, preferably with 3/4” or thicker yoga/camping mat. But attached quite lightly. After two weeks or so, strip and clean it up, and put baby bumper where you feel it would be most needed. Try to make this one stick well, and just forget about it.

• Like 2

Thank you for your advice.
My 16X just arrived.
The Kingsong app does not want to start on my Samsung S7 for some reason. Just shows splash page then pop up that says "Kingsong has stopped" --> X Close app
Any suggestions?

Thank you2019-11-14-16-12-56.jpg

48 minutes ago, Peters said:

Thank you for your advice.
My 16X just arrived.
The Kingsong app does not want to start on my Samsung S7 for some reason. Just shows splash page then pop up that says "Kingsong has stopped" --> X Close app
Any suggestions?

Thank you2019-11-14-16-12-56.jpg

very nice :) yup, uninstall it.. sideload the app from here https://www.kingsong.com/list-30.html and register an account

• Like 1

I got the KS16X seat about a month ago before 16X went kaput, and it is a load of fun

I think the seat is very dangerous to use at speed, and due to the extremely cramped position, you have very little control over the way you go.

I am also 6'2", so that might contribute to my extreme crampness.  If you actually want to use the seat to ride where there mightbe obstacles like on a city bike path, I would advise at least a few weeks of practice and/or artificially modding the seat to be about another 6 inches higher.

jerpJJC.jpg

I have fallen a few times and ruined a pair of Jeans, but thank goodness for knee protection
THIS IS A MUST HAVE

if you fall, which you will, on this low riding seat, your knees are the first to hit the ground.  My X-PRO-2 softbody kneepads are not enough to protect against this.  Use hard shell protection, ride slowly, and don't rush, and have fun!

Having a new challenge is always nice

• Like 3