Which is the best place to buy a ks 16s in Europe?

Pere

Hello, I am planning on buying a ks 16s (840wh) as a first wheel, I am from Barcelona (Spain).

I have seen a lot of different prices online, these are some of them (they are approximations because some required to start the purchase process to see the shipping price):

• ~1200€ in Aliexpress (item currently not available)
  •    1360€ in myewheel
  • ~1400€ in erides.co.uk
  •    1450€ in 1radwerkstatt
  • ~1500€ in eunicycles.eu
  • ~1600€ in speedyfeet (sold out)
  • ~1700€ in kingsong european sites and local physical stores

My main question is if someone has experience with these sites, (specially the cheaper ones), because in Aliexpress the item alternates availability every couple of weeks and only shows 2 sales, which does not give me much confidence, and I don't know anything about erides or myewheel. I just know that I can trust speedyfeet and the local physical stores for good customer support but I wonder if that is really worth the price difference.

Thank you in advance!

[update - 29/Nov]

Yesterday I bought the wheel on myewheel, there was a black friday discount of 5% so I payed 1292€. The customer service was excellent, before buying I asked about a couple mistakes in the product description and they fixed them immediately. The wheel has been sent today, I will update when I receive it! I payed through paypal so if there is any problem I guess I can get the money back.

[update - 7/Dec]

I received the wheel this morning, the wheel is in perfect condition, I spent about 1h 30min practising and I am quite tired. I learned to go straight and turn, but still need practice on getting on and off the wheel comfortably. I love it!

Conclusion of the post: I totally recommend myewheel to purchase a Kingsong wheel on europe, it is cheap and I received it 9 days after the purchase (from Bulgaria to Spain). Also the customer service was perfect.

Thanks all for the advice!

Edited by Pere
  • Like 2

1rad is 1450€ for 840Wh. eunicycles.eu is 40€ cheaper. Both are very highly regarded as far as I know. Speedyfeet and the official/French sites are also highly regarded but too expensive.

I don't know about erides or Ali.

Make sure your 16S is a 16S v2 (with lift functionality and a better/metal handle). That can explain some price differences (between v1 and v2).

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pere said:

when I enter the site it shows 1,029.00 € but when I select black and 840wh it goes back to 1,449.00 €

Yeah, the sale price is only for the 420Wh version.

Check out other possible options here:

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

1rad is 1450€ for 840Wh. eunicycles.eu is 40€ cheaper. Both are very highly regarded as far as I know. Speedyfeet and the official/French sites are also highly regarded but too expensive.

I don't know about erides or Ali.

Make sure your 16S is a 16S v2 (with lift functionality and a better/metal handle).

thanks for the advice!

3 minutes ago, esaj said:

Yeah, the sale price is only for the 420Wh version.

Check out other possible options here:

oh, nice post, thank you. Btw, do you know more or less at which frequency does 1rad make offers? I am not really in a hurry and I could wait for christmas...

1 minute ago, Pere said:

oh, nice post, thank you. Btw, do you know more or less at which frequency does 1rad make offers? I am not really in a hurry and I could wait for christmas...

I guess they're pretty random. But you could try mailing them directly and ask. The owner seems like a nice guy.

1 minute ago, esaj said:

I guess they're pretty random. But you could try mailing them directly and ask. The owner seems like a nice guy.

Thanks, I will, despite the fact that the default price is already pretty good.

• Like 1

I'm shocked how expensive the 16S is here in Europe. I expected it to be around 1200€ for 840Wh, not 1400 or 1500!

5 minutes ago, Pere said:

I am not really in a hurry and I could wait for christmas...

There might be some offers on Black Friday (end of November), and the Chinese new year (end of January) can bring some huge discounts from Ali/Chinese sellers. But I can't guarantee anything. Unless you want a 16S and nothing else, maybe for the same money you have more options then.

5 minutes ago, Pere said:

Btw, do you know more or less at which frequency does 1rad make offers?

I suspect he is just selling off unwanted inventory (nobody wants anything but the 840Wh). In general, discounts from Euro sellers are quite rare (usually only if you pre-order a newly released wheel). But the 16S will not get more expensive than the eunicycles price anyways. So you can't miss anything.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'm shocked how expensive the 16S is here in Europe. I expected it to be around 1200€ for 840Wh, not 1400 or 1500!

Yeah, the funny thing is that the price has stayed pretty much the same since the release. Guess there's enough demand for them still that there's no need to drop the price. I've been happy with mine, zero issues after 3 summers and while I haven't measured the actual battery capacity since the first summer, I haven't noticed a drop in the capacity so far (although likely after that long there is some).

Edited by esaj
  • Like 2

Hi Pere. I’ve been for so long looking for best place to buy Kingsong ks16s just like you. Im from Spain Granada, looking for my second wheel after been happy for 4 months with a second hand NBC + . And so I’m doubtful about AliExpress or something else. 
Check this seller too (but I do not know if it is ok):  https://myewheel.com/kingsong-ks-16s-840wh/

Get lucky and tell me when you buy how things have gone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, esaj said:

I've been happy with mine, zero issues after 3 summers

Wow...that long? Seems like yesterday when you let those kids apply the protective foam swatches to your new 16S. ;)

If you ever sell your wheel could you please take a video depicting your attempt to remove all of the gooey substance holding the foam in place for the past 3 years.:P

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, KindlyGo said:

Hi Pere. I’ve been for so long looking for best place to buy Kingsong ks16s just like you. Im from Spain Granada, looking for my second wheel after been happy for 4 months with a second hand NBC + . And so I’m doubtful about AliExpress or something else. 
Check this seller too (but I do not know if it is ok):  https://myewheel.com/kingsong-ks-16s-840wh/

Get lucky and tell me when you buy how things have gone. 

Thanks for the advice! The website looks really good even though I would like to hear about someone's experience with it. I will tell you when I do the purchase.

15 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Wow...that long? Seems like yesterday when you let those kids apply the protective foam swatches to your new 16S. ;)

If you ever sell your wheel could you please take a video depicting your attempt to remove all of the gooey substance holding the foam in place for the past 3 years.:P

Yeah, time has flown pretty fast looking back. I removed the foam after the first summer, no video though ;) Not that there'd be much to see, I purposefully used a crappy 2-sided tape (not the 3M-stuff) that was easy to peel off and left without leaving marks. If it would have left residue, I'd have just cleaned it off with IPA anyway...

But here it is in its original beauty: 

qw6EVVt.png

<3 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, Pere said:

Hello, I am planning on buying a ks 16s (840wh) as a first wheel, I am from Barcelona (Spain).

I have seen a lot of different prices online, these are some of them (they are approximations because some required to start the purchase process to see the shipping price):

• ~1200€ in Aliexpress (item currently not available)
  •    1360€ in myewheel
  • ~1400€ in erides.co.uk
  •    1450€ in 1radwerkstatt
  • ~1500€ in eunicycles.eu
  • ~1600€ in speedyfeet (sold out)
  • ~1700€ in kingsong european sites and local physical stores

My main question is if someone has experience with these sites, (specially the cheaper ones), because in Aliexpress the item alternates availability every couple of weeks and only shows 2 sales, which does not give me much confidence, and I don't know anything about erides or myewheel. I just know that I can trust speedyfeet and the local physical stores for good customer support but I wonder if that is really worth the price difference.

Thank you in advance!

[update - 29/Nov]

Yesterday I bought the wheel on myewheel, there was a black friday discount of 5% so I payed 1292€. The customer service was excellent, before buying I asked about a couple mistakes in the product description and they fixed them immediately. The wheel has been sent today, I will update when I receive it! I payed through paypal so if there is any problem I guess I can get the money back.

Hi Pere; Just have seen you bought the great kingsong 16s from myewheel.  Good election !!; I recently bought Inmotion V8 from EPTV  (good service),, 643 €,,, Yes I know Kingsong 16 is much better, but IV8 is also  a very good cheaper option, and as I'm a little beginner, I'll continue practicing until K16S; 

I'll hope you enjoy your new wheel, !

12 minutes ago, KindlyGo said:

Hi Pere; Just have seen you bought the great kingsong 16s from myewheel.  Good election !!; I recently bought Inmotion V8 from EPTV  (good service),, 643 €,,, Yes I know Kingsong 16 is much better, but IV8 is also  a very good cheaper option, and as I'm a little beginner, I'll continue practicing until K16S; 

I'll hope you enjoy your new wheel, !

Thanks! The Iv8 was indeed one of my options as well, inmotion wheels look great and have good build quality. I hope you have fun with your wheel!