Adding Kickstand to my EUC - KingSong 18L - Part 1

Rotem Yakir

Hi all,

For the short period of time I'm using a EUC (1 months) I felt that a lot of times I needed to place the it for 5-10 seconds but couldn't find a spot to place it. I really wanted to add a kickstand but couldn't find a standard solution.

So this is what I did with my father-in-law (in the end there is a video):

https://imgur.com/a/R8jBMNS

It cost me ~$6:)

Now, because it still doesn't stand in place immediately we need to add another leg to hold it. I will submit another post when we do it (probably in couple of days).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Blueblade said:

@t0me came up with a pretty simple and inexpensive aluminum strap stand for the v8, not sure if a similar approach would work for the 18XL.  Seems safer and easier to use than an extendable spring loaded one...

20180617_150024.jpg.e0b2195690bf09392dc1

That is cool but I'll need to shutdown the device. I want to keep the device on, place it where I am and continue after 5-10 seconds.

14 hours ago, cdoe said:

I found this on thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3715805 which references idea from @Lutalo (

) on using PVC pipe and couple of m3 screws. Might be easier and cost even less :)

I'm also going to use this solution for when my EUC is off but I'd like to have a solution to keep it still when the device is on.

• 5 months later...
On 10/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, cdoe said:

I found this on thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3715805 which references idea from @Lutalo (

) on using PVC pipe and couple of m3 screws. Might be easier and cost even less :)

I don’t quite understand Thingiverse. Are the items on sale there? And if not, where would one take the files to get things printed. Or is the whole thing based on the premise that one has a 3-d printer?

4 hours ago, General Principle said:

I don’t quite understand Thingiverse. Are the items on sale there? And if not, where would one take the files to get things printed. Or is the whole thing based on the premise that one has a 3-d printer?

The site is basically to share designs. You can download them for free, and print them yourself.

If you don't have a 3d printer, then you can click on "order this printed" and then launch treatstock

There, you can select people who offer their service of printing.

I think its the best solution, as you will need 1 or 2 parts, and, for me, its not worth buying a complete printer

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2019 at 10:57 PM, Rotem Yakir said:

That is cool but I'll need to shutdown the device. I want to keep the device on, place it where I am and continue after 5-10 seconds.

How did you attach the kickstand to 18L? I like your idea and want to do something similar for my 16X. I get on and off frequently while I’m riding it because I use it for work.

12 hours ago, benjikjones said:

How did you attach the kickstand to 18L? I like your idea and want to do something similar for my 16X. I get on and off frequently while I’m riding it because I use it for work.

I got to be honest and tell you that in the end it was a bad idea. I couldn't get it to actually stand still, it was touching the side of the road if I did a quick turn and it is dangerous. I suggest that you will not do it and just find a place to quickly place the EUC for couple of seconds.