Upgrading wheel

Marv

Having gotten comfortable on my old Air wheel it's time to move up to a new wheel. I am 80 years old and good athletic shape six-foot-tall 170 lb.what would be my next best wheel. I am not into stunting  but transportation and just cruising . Riding is kind of exhilarating like snow skiing, next best thing to Flying Without Wings

• Like 3

Hi Marv,

80 year’s old and riding a EUC?....Wow!  What an inspiration.  I would recommend a Kingsong 16s.  This is a great reliable wheel that will ramp up your performance and range from your Airwheel.  It has a great trolley handle as well.  Thanks for your post. Let us know what you decide to go with.

• Upvote 1

It's really easy to faceplant on KS16S in my experience.
The best choice would be KS18L/KS18XL or Ninebot Z10. Both of them are much more stable than KS16S. And the healing process gets slower with age.

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Upvote 1

Guys....I agree the KS18L/XL is a stable wheel and an upgrade to the 16s, but it’s much heavier.  Keep in mind @Marv is coming from an Airwheel which is probably a little over 20 lbs.  These wheels you are suggesting are at least double the weight.  My 86 year old father is no where near as good of shape, but even if he was I’m not sure a near 50lb wheel would be the right wheel.  Marv,  I’m not sure if you have any stairs around or other areas where you will have to lift your wheel.  Something to consider.  If weight is a factor, you may also consider the INMOTION Glide 3. Not as much range, but portable.  This is another wheel my whole family has enjoyed.

• Upvote 1

On 8/9/2019 at 2:32 AM, Marv said:

I am 80 years old and good athletic shape six-foot-tall 170 lb.

Welcome to the forum! 

You are the right type of 80 year old! :cheers:

• Upvote 1