My first fall at speed

svenomous

On 7/27/2019 at 12:27 AM, AtlasP said:

I tried/bought some of the g-form stuff and returned it, it was really just way too thin to be trustworthy at all. (Anyone have any similar brands that are a little heavier?)

Why that conclusion? It's the point of that material. It hardens on impact, and plastic protection isn't any thicker if you compare it to the thickness of a g form pad. It just looks more solid because it is rigid at all times. I love my g form equipment, and I've fallen on my knees (on the road) once with them on. Rode into a dark tunnel and there was a drainage hole right at the entry. Hit it with my wheel and fell forward. Landed on my knees. Zero issues.

• Upvote 1

On 7/26/2019 at 2:57 PM, Jia Liu said:

I am also getting Marrakesh jacket, it looks very nice. I bought outrider pants to go with the jacket, since it looks more like a "normal" pants than the switchback. Any cons of the outrider?

The outrider does not have the flexibility in the fabric like the Switchback does. It will feel more stiff and not really bend with you like the Switchback will. 

Im sure you’ll love the Marrakesh!

43 minutes ago, Darrell Wesh said:

The outrider does not have the flexibility in the fabric like the Switchback does. It will feel more stiff and not really bend with you like the Switchback will. 

Im sure you’ll love the Marrakesh!

Got them couple days ago, love them both! 

• Like 1

These trousers and shirts with built-in armor...  What guidance do the makers give for laundering and ironing?  Are the garments to dry-clean only?  Do you have to fish out the armor?   Apologies in advance for the earthy ignorance.  And I don't *promise* to wash my clothes if I buy any, I just want to know how it's done.  Thank you. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/3/2019 at 7:36 PM, Biped Phil said:

These trousers and shirts with built-in armor...  What guidance do the makers give for laundering and ironing?  Are the garments to dry-clean only?  Do you have to fish out the armor?   Apologies in advance for the earthy ignorance.  And I don't *promise* to wash my clothes if I buy any, I just want to know how it's done.  Thank you. 

Most you can just wash in the machine on cold or warm. Yes, it's a good idea to remove the armor because laundry detergent would degrade its longevity

• 3 weeks later...