Fascinated about Ninebot one E+, in 2019???

Rii

3 minutes ago, Rii said:

Thanks everyone for your input :D 

I feel like a 14 inch won't suit me. I like sporting and going offroad sometimes. Hence why I passed on the Ninebot one S2, I've also read more negativity about it (wheras the NInebot One E+ was so stable and praised for its performance)

Is the Kingsong customizable? Ill look more into this. 

unfortunately not in any way.. im pretty sure it is more of a fad in asian markets.. afaik only the inmotion V5 series and the ninebots have any aftermarket customization options.. you could always paint it :P

ps. ninebot stability is something that you have to take with a grain of salt.. a good majority of the rewievs would be from when it was fairly new and hence no real market for EUC's at the time so not much to compare to.. take their 16"x1.95" tire along with an extremely weak motor, easy for even my 120 lb weight to overlean, and extremely low pedals make for a not so stable experience.. compare that to something today with a 16-17" 2.125-3" tire, a much more powerful motor, newer electronics, bigger battery and better redundancies and then you can see what stable actually is

Edited by Rywokast
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Rywokast said:

unfortunately not in any way.. im pretty sure it is more of a fad in asian markets.. afaik only the inmotion V5 series and the ninebots have any aftermarket customization options.. you could always paint it :P

Bummer :D 
My painting will ruin it right away :whistling:

1 minute ago, Rii said:

hahaha, well just so you know the shells on most all EUC's come off without much hassle and are separate from the internal structure for ease of maintenance, there have been plenty of people on here showing their custom painted shells, just pop it off and spray paint.. but i agree, no at home paint job can ever look as good as factory fresh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rii said:

If you do go with (spray-)painting the shell, be sure to pick a paint that's suitable for plastic. Some of the more "aggressive" paints can dissolve plastics (strong solvents as paint thinner)... :P

Edited by esaj
  • Like 2

i suggest, with the ridiculous EU pricing.. at least for a cheap(er) wheel, you go with aliexpress.. they will most likely ship to you free and the unit will be half the price you would expect to pay in a local shop... anything made within the last few years with maybe one or two exceptions (looking at you Z10) are pretty much guaranteed to be perfect from factory... the amount of issues with EUC's nowadays is practically nill, and even so are almost always limited to initial batches.. so dont worry about that

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

i suggest, with the ridiculous EU pricing.. at least for a cheap(er) wheel, you go with aliexpress.. they will most likely ship to you free and the unit will be half the price you would expect to pay in a local shop... anything made within the last few years with maybe one or two exceptions (looking at you Z10) are pretty much guaranteed to be perfect from factory... the amount of issues with EUC's nowadays is practically nill, and even so are almost always limited to initial batches.. so dont worry about that

Many people have managed to get their wheels straight home with the price on the Aliexpress page without any hassle, but if you're unlucky, the customs will take the wheel and hold it until you clear it with original invoice, receipts and whatnot. In which case you may end up paying 10% import tax for the wheel (TARIC 8703801000:  " Motor cars and other motor vehicles principally designed for the transport of persons (other than those of heading 8702), including station wagons and racing cars  -> Other vehicles, with only electric motor for propulsion -> New), and (here in Finland, VATs differ between EU countries) 24% VAT on both the wheel and shipping costs. That's about 30% price increase.

Still, based on what I've read (never ordered an entire wheel outside EU), most of the people who have ordered directly from China through Aliexpress have had the wheels delivered to their home via courier without needing to deal with customs. There have been some exceptions though (single cases and at least in the French forums, people who had group-ordered several wheels ended up being billed by the courier for the import taxes before they could get their wheels).

I ordered a small CNC-machine from Aliexpress with DHL-shipping in late 2016, and had to pay for the VAT + import duties (the courier wouldn't release the package before that).

At least here, within the last year, the customs has started to systemically pick up any packages that are larger than an envelope/very small cardboard box or weight more than ~0.5kg, and send the letter to either produce invoice and receipt which shows the product + shipping is less than 22€ in total, in which case the VAT is lifted, or handle the customs clearing. I just cleared a jigsaw puzzle my GF wanted as a birthday gift this morning, it was 23,29€, so I ended up having to pay about 5.59€ of VAT (apparently import rate for puzzles is 0%).

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, esaj said:

Many people have managed to get their wheels straight home with the price on the Aliexpress page without any hassle, but if you're unlucky, the customs will take the wheel and hold it until you clear it with original invoice, receipts and whatnot. In which case you may end up paying 10% import tax for the wheel (TARIC 8703801000:  " Motor cars and other motor vehicles principally designed for the transport of persons (other than those of heading 8702), including station wagons and racing cars  -> Other vehicles, with only electric motor for propulsion -> New), and (here in Finland, VATs differ between EU countries) 24% VAT on both the wheel and shipping costs. That's about 30% price increase.

Still, based on what I've read (never ordered an entire wheel outside EU), most of the people who have ordered directly from China through Aliexpress have had the wheels delivered to their home via courier without needing to deal with customs. There have been some exceptions though (single cases and at least in the French forums, people who had group-ordered several wheels ended up being billed by the courier for the import taxes before they could get their wheels).

At least here, within the last year, the customs has started to systemically pick up any packages that are larger than an envelope/very small cardboard box or weight more than ~0.5kg, and send the letter to either produce invoice and receipt which shows the product + shipping is less than 22€ in total, in which case the VAT is lifted, or handle the customs clearing. I just cleared a jigsaw puzzle my GF wanted as a birthday gift this morning, it was 23,29€, so I ended up having to pay about 5.59€ of VAT (apparently import rate for puzzles is 0%).

man theyre really cracking the whip there arent they.. glad we dont have VAT >.> i still think even if you were unlucky.. that depending on the wheel a 30% price increase would still be cheaper haha

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

man theyre really cracking the whip there arent they.. glad we dont have VAT >.> i still think even if you were unlucky.. that depending on the wheel a 30% price increase would still be cheaper haha

Probably it would still be cheaper, and based on other people's prior experiences here, in most cases it seems the wheel arrives without any extra costs, in which case it would be much cheaper. If buying inside EU, the reseller you're buying from has already paid the import duties and slapped their own margin + the VAT on the price, so unlikely it would be cheaper, unless the reseller gets a good discount from the factory and ships a container at a time (large enough orders, probably dozens or a hundred wheels at a time). 

"green and fashion travaling shop" (their spelling) has been a popular place for those who buy off Aliexpress:   https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1908673

If going that route, better contact the shop directly, you could get a discount from the list prices and ask any questions you have (about the wheel, shipping, warranty etc).

Edited by esaj
  • Upvote 1

Kingsong wheels have great build and stability.

You will never see one behaving strange. The KS16S for example is great, the handle is the best among wheels, it's price is reasonable and it can perform quite well.

Im suggesting to join a group of riders and ask them to try their wheels for a bit. It's the best way to see differences for your self cause "not all wheels are for everybody" -me 2016 😜

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Lefteris said:

Kingsong wheels have great build and stability.

You will never see one behaving strange. The KS16S for example is great, the handle is the best among wheels, it's price is reasonable and it can perform quite well.

Im suggesting to join a group of riders and ask them to try their wheels for a bit. It's the best way to see differences for your self cause "not all wheels are for everybody" -me 2016 😜

I don't think we have anything like that around here :(
But that would be great, yea :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rii said:

The Kingsong KS14D looks interesting to me.

https://www.electricunicycles.eu/kingsong_ks14_d_(white)_420_wh-c__157

There's a girl riding it, even though its 14 inch, it goes offroad :O 

Someone made a comparison with the V8 too

unless youre of a heavier weight/larger frame most modern 14" wheels are fine for all conditions.. just look at the mcm5 lol.. i ride my v5f every day in all conditions and on all terrains, it has performed beyond my expectations, i bought it solely for the price for my first 14" wheel, but the 14D is definitely a better (though more expensive) option of the two due to its 5 kmph speed increase and larger 420 vs 320 of the v5f battery.. although if you can find a v5f+ they have a 480 wh battery... kingsong also has speakers if youre into that and the trolley, in my opinion is slightly better

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I'd take a 14S over a V8.

Speaking of the MCM5, can you see yorself with one?

IMG_0170_1024x1024.jpg?v=1530709940

ive been so tempted since its introduction to buy one of these guys lol... i find it very attractive (i know, im in the minority) and love the shape and lack of any pads or bumps.. not to mention its exceptional performance and specs

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Looks pretty powerfull, I supose its technically better
But I preffer a white round design :efef2e0fff:

1 hour ago, esaj said:

If you do go with (spray-)painting the shell, be sure to pick a paint that's suitable for plastic. Some of the more "aggressive" paints can dissolve plastics (strong solvents as paint thinner)... :P

Go with matte black on everything!! Ha #mkbhd style.. Love that guy.

1 hour ago, Rywokast said:

I recently wanted to discuss this about the EU, I understand the extra cost for Tax but still I'm a member of the NYC Telegram riders and we've discussed a bit and the math about the prices doesn't add up. Resellers / distributors in Europe have bumped the prices up to a new high. Like plus tax plus +30% for the fun of profiting off people like us. There are ways to find wheels on better price in Europe but still online stores have unbelievable prices! (see the known UK site with YouTube presence among others).

Is there really a why or its just like "this is what is happening in Europe" thing.

29 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The Kingsong 16S is available in white, unlike other wheels.

king-song-ks-16s-sports-white-840wh.jpg

Again MATTE BLACK EVERYTHING

come on have you seen the KS16S in matte black its a beauty!!!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rywokast said:

ive been so tempted since its introduction to buy one of these guys lol... i find it very attractive (i know, im in the minority) and love the shape and lack of any pads or bumps.. not to mention its exceptional performance and specs

It's like a carbon fiber egg with those sexy fake vents....o-la-la!

Actually I kind of like it too, it was seriously in the running for my next wheel but the Tesla won out. I want a different size wheel to compliment the 14" I will be keeping. Maybe one day an 18"....but that's IT I swear, no one needs more than 3 wheels :innocent1:

Edited by tenofnine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I just can't see myself on an one of these or any other Gotway..

I have a bad taste for these, I don't know why but I've been on the Kingsong side for quite some time.

I wanted a nb z series last year but after riding the KS16S for a couple of times, reading about it, watching videos and last my friend got injured the other day in the Z10, my mind is set on buying a kingsong. It's just how well it behaves, its like the company has really tested it on real circumstances and programmed behaviour procedures on the board. I can't put it into words..

1 minute ago, tenofnine said:

Actually I kind of like it too, it was seriously in the running for my next wheel but the Tesla won out. I want a different size to compliment the 14" I will be keeping. Maybe one day an 18"....but that's IT I swear, no one needs more than 3 wheels :innocent1:

haha been telling myself that for years... but i cant seem to have any less than four at one time xD

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tenofnine said:

Actually I kind of like it too, it was seriously in the running for my next wheel but the Tesla won out. I want a different size wheel to compliment the 14" I will be keeping. Maybe one day an 18"....but that's IT I swear, no one needs more than 3 wheels :innocent1:

But aren't those vents a big problem of the wheel water resistance!?

cause if you ride on a day that is purring or maybe unlucky one that rains hard, the wheel may get water damage. (somehow lost it, not a native speaker, but can't write properly for some reason 😅😞)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

But aren't those vents a big problem of the wheel water resistance!?

cause if you ride on a day that is purring or maybe unlucky one that rains hard, the wheel may get water damage. (somehow lost it, not a native speaker, but can't write properly for some reason 😅😞)

theyre decorative, not real vents

• Like 1