Fascinated about Ninebot one E+, in 2019???

Rii

35 minutes ago, Lefteris said:

I have a bad taste for these, I don't know why but I've been on the Kingsong side for quite some time๏ปฟ๏ปฟ.

I wanted๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ a nb z series last year but after riding the KS16S for a couple of times, reading about it, watching videos and last my friend got injured the other day๏ปฟ in the Z10, my mind is set on buying a kingsong. It's just how well it behaves, its like the company has really tested it on real circumstances and programmed behaviour procedures on the b๏ปฟoa๏ปฟr๏ปฟd๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟ.๏ปฟ I can't p๏ปฟu๏ปฟ๏ปฟ๏ปฟt it into words..

I always highly recommend the KS-16S, which used to be my main wheel in nearly every circumstances:

Daily commuting 2x 11km, longer "bicycle" tours incl. off road and single trails, going to the shopping mall, cruising through the City, toddling around and everything.ย 

I'm going to upgrade to an 18", but willย  definitelyย keep my 16S anyway, because of it's universal use, love that wheel!ย  :D

...and it has a round shape and is availiable in white as well.ย  ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lefteris said:

I recently wanted to discuss this about the EU, I understand the extra cost for Tax but still I'm a member of the NYC Telegram riders and we've discussed a bit and the math about the prices doesn't add up. Resellers / distributors in Europe have bumped the prices up to a new high. Like plus tax plus +30% for the fun of profiting off people like us. There are ways to find wheels on better price in Europe but still online stores have unbelievable prices! (see the known UK site with YouTube presence among others).

Not that I really know about running a business, but I guess it depends on a lot of factors. A large reseller who sells a lot of wheels can sell them cheaper, because they don't need to get as much margin per wheel sold. The cost structure would be something like:

-Reseller buys theย wheels from a factory at price X per wheel

-Add shipping costย 

-Add import duties

-Add margin

-Add VAT

A part of the margin goes to pay the wages (even in a single person company, the owner probably pays himself something to be able to live, which is then separately income-taxed, plus social security paymentsย ;)), rent for office and/or warehouse, tools and equipment, utilities,ย insurances, marketing, accounting... probably something I forget.ย The profit left from the margin after these is then taxed, and what's left is the net profit. I doubt there's much left from a wheel sold at 1000โ‚ฌ after these. Of course tax-wise there's a lot going on, like VAT-redemptions for stuff/services bought/sold etc.

Simplified a lot, if the company was run by a single person without any employees, and he wanted to get, say, 2000โ‚ฌ net income per month, he'd probably need to pay himself about 3000โ‚ฌ per month in gross (actually it will costย more for the company than that, 3kโ‚ฌ would be the gross income of the person, the typical company costs per person is roughly 1.2-1.5 x the gross income of the employee in Finland). Pulling numbers out of thin air, say the other "fixed" costs (rents, etc) would be 2000โ‚ฌ (I've never really looked at office/warehouse rent prices or such, so this is just a guess). That would mean 5000โ‚ฌ per month in margins to get to 0% profit. If for each sold wheel, let's say 1000โ‚ฌ net price and 1240โ‚ฌ with 24% VAT, a 100โ‚ฌ margin was got, (s)he'd have to sell on average 50 such wheels every month. Probably I've over-estimated the fixed costs for this hypothetical small company, but still, even getting one 1000โ‚ฌ wheel sold for each day of the monthย all year aroundย isn't going to be that easy. This is a relatively pricey niche-product, not something that people buy on a moments whim.

Of course this is in a country with higher taxes and VAT, the numbers can change dramatically from one country to another, plus I pulled most of them from a hat, so they shouldn't be considered anything but a simple example.

Edited by esaj
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

@Riiย whichever wheel you choose, make sure it has a good trolley handle.ย  DO NOT buy a wheel without a trolley and compare trolleys carefully.ย  The ones that look like an after thought can get damaged during a tumble, because they are exposed, and unattached at one end.ย  Adding a trolley yourself is aย bitย  lot rubbish.

DO NOT spend 1000 euro on the dinosaur Ninebot.ย  Btw Most King Songs are a shameless copy of the Ninebot looks anyway so you have no reason to buy a Ninebot.

My dealer

https://eunicycles.eu/en/

Good prices, good service, Europe based.

Edited by Smoother
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Kingsong wheels have great build and stability.

You will never see one behaving strange.๏ปฟย ...

Did we already forget about how the latest firmware has been causing terrifying dips on the flagship KS18X(L) prompting many enthusiasts to have to do an unsupported firmware downgrade (which is only doable on an Android phone)? Lots of chatter about this with the NYC E-Riders group the past couple weeks.

King Song certainly has nice build qualityย but they're definitely not immune to issues. (I had almost pulled the trigger on a KS18XL before deciding on something else [unrelated to/before this issue came to light], and man am I glad I didn't get one right in the midst of the current situation or perhaps the issue coupled with my inexperience with the new/bigger wheelย might have landed me on my face.) Of course it will probably (hopefully?) get fixed and the KS18X(L) is likely stillย a great wheel, but I would stay clear of such blanket statements/endorsements as each brandย has had its issues over time.

Edited by AtlasP
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rywokast said:

ive been so tempted since its introduction to buy one of these guys lol... i find it very attractive (i know, im in the minority) andย love the shape and lack of any pads or bumps.. not to mention its exceptional performance and specs

Me too!ย "Luckily" they are so expensive here I'm not tempted. I refuse to check the Ali price:Dย But I certainly want one:wub:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well, my fleet is now complete, for a whileย :rolleyes:

If that may help: The GF finds that she has issues with the padding of the V10F as her legs are reverse bowed, she has to stand at the outer edge of the pedals(!). The V10F feels exactly as a more stable V5F and she had no problems riding it at the first try...

20190419_084603-1.jpg

Edited by pico
c
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Smoother said:

@Riiย whichever wheel you choose, make sure it has a good trolley handle.ย  DO NOT buy a wheel without a trolley and compare trolleys carefully.ย  The ones that look like an after thought can get damaged during a tumble, because they are exposed, and unattached at one end.ย  Adding a trolley yourself is aย bitย  lot rubbish.

DO NOT spend 1000 euro on the dinosaur Ninebot.ย  Btw Most King Songs are a shameless copy of the Ninebot looks anyway so you have no reason to buy a Ninebot.

My dealer

https://eunicycles.eu/en/

Good prices, good service, Europe based.

Checked your dealer, he is quite reasonable for European website. Well done!

But still i found ks16s a bit cheaper, and i'm -200โ‚ฌ out, about 15 days to a month to buy one! ;)ย 

4 hours ago, AtlasP said:

Did we already forget about how the latest firmware has been causing terrifying dips on the flagship KS18X(L) prompting many enthusiasts to have to do an unsupported firmware downgrade (which is only doable on an Android phone)? Lots of chatter about this with the NYC E-Riders group the past couple weeks.

King Song certainly has nice build qualityย but they're definitely not immune to issues. (I had almost pulled the trigger on a KS18XL before deciding on something else [unrelated to/before this issue came to light], and man am I glad I didn't get one right in the midst of the current situation or perhaps the issue coupled with my inexperience with the new/bigger wheelย might have landed me on my face.) Of course it will probably (hopefully?) get fixed and the KS18X(L) is likely stillย a great wheel, but I would stay clear of such blanket statements/endorsements as each brandย has had its issues over time.

It's one Kingsong, but still the KS16S has proven again and again that it's the best wheel all around. Problematic firmwares is a thing that until now KS wheels didn't have, well now one of its line has one.. come one.. our wheels are experimental science! Don't forget that :Dย  :Pย 

3 hours ago, pico said:

Ohhh! One thing these 3 wheels have in common: they are QUIET...

About the V10F that i've had the change to use the other day, not only quite, it's like it not there, it's like it is really switched off! Amazing feeling on the wheel, you stride like it's water, a bit difficult to stop if you speed up on sport mode, but still on the relaxed mode it's the best i've tested so far.!!

Plus quite beautiful ;) (cc @Rii if you can manage get a V10F it "is" amazing)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Beside this, I wonder if there are some communities around Europe orย dutch EUC riders?

ย 

Yes Rii, in Holland there is an active communitie off euc riders.

See the link for some idea of our group rides.

ย 

There is a dutch shop/seller to in holland.

ย 

And if you ask the communitie, there is a chance of buying a cheep 1st wheel.

Most of us are soon bored with the short distance of wheels as the E+ ore wheels like the E+.

If you have any question, vraag het gewoon.

Het is echt zonde om voor je eerste wiel veel geld uit te geven.

Vaak is een 2de of 3de hansje prima om het op te leren, en te kijken of het iets voor je is.

Dan kan je daarna altijd iets meer uitgeven voor een wiel met meer snelheid, en voor meer kilometers.

Is tenminste de ervaring van de meeste rijders.

ย 

Edited by gotmotion2016
  • Upvote 3

On 4/20/2019 at 3:05 AM, gotmotion2016 said:

Beside this, I wonder if there are some communities around Europe orย dutch EUC riders?

ย 

Yes Rii, in Holland there is an active communitie off euc riders.

See the link for some idea of our group rides.

ย 

There is a dutch shop/seller to in holland.

ย 

And if you ask the communitie, there is a chance of buying a cheep 1st wheel.

Most of us are soon bored with the short distance of wheels as the E+ ore wheels like the E+.

If you have any question, vraag het gewoon.

Het is echt zonde om voor je eerste wiel veel geld uit te geven.

Vaak is een 2de of 3de hansje prima om het op te leren, en te kijken of het iets voor je is.

Dan kan je daarna altijd iets meer uitgeven voor een wiel met meer snelheid, en voor meer kilometers.

Is tenminste de ervaring van de meeste rijders.

ย 

Bedankt zeg ! Waardeer ik enorm! :Dย 
Had al een bericht gestuurd voordat ik dit onderste las maar ik zal er nog een berichtje achteraanย doen :Dย 

hey ,ย 

mijn vrouw en ik rijden al een tijdje op de KS18L en V10f , ik op beide wielenย zij vnl op de V10f , en oorspronkelijk heeft ze leren rijden op de KS16S , ze is heel tevreden over de V10f , in feite over alle drie de vermelde wielen,...ย 

Zelf ben ik voorstander van de V10f en KS18L , de KS16S vond ik een beetje te zenuwachtig / twitchy, maar sommigen zullen dat dan weer een plus punt vinden, hangt er duidelijk van af wat je wilt doen met je wiel.. voor ons is dat leuk gaan rijden ook offroad als we de mogelijkheid hebben, carven, en een smooth ride, een commuter voor in ย stad.. beiden wielen doen dit perfect,ย 

succes met je zoektocht !ย 

groetjes

CL

ย 

Whoops forgot that this is an english thread since I saw a few dutch comments on it.. my apologies, the translation is below

my wife and I ride for a while on the KS18L and the V10F , I ride both of them she mainly the V10f , she learnt to ride on the KS16S , she is very happy about the V10F and rides most of the time on the v10f , but she's happy with all three wheels, ...

ย 

myself I love the V10f and the KS18L , the KS16s was a bit to nimble and nervous to my likes, I was a newbie at the time, and preferred the smoother ride of the V10f and the KS18L..

All depends on what you want to do with your wheel, for us this meant both on and offroad, smooth ride, nice for carving and a good city commuter with enough speed and torque , bot of the wheels are just doing that, after 4 months mainly have ridden the KS18L I am back on the V10f for a while, immediately I feel the magic carpet where I fell in love with in the first place... ย but you can't go wrong with any of the above mentioned wheels,

good luck with your search,ย 

cheers

cL

Edited by Cumulus Libre
  • Like 1