Melbourne - Australia

monocle

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a Ninebot one S2 and INMOTION V10F and in a few weeks hopefully I’ll have a Gotway MSX

im in the northern suburbs and usually ride the creek trails all the way from the Airport to the city and out either side

happy to meet up with anyone for a ride and even bring along the ONE S2 if you can ride but haven’t got a wheel

im no pro but I can ride ok

im still not bored riding by myself, but it’d be great to ride with others

Edited by dmethvin
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 10:33 AM, Trevor Phillips said:

I have a Ninebot one S2 and INMOTION V10F and in a few weeks hopefully I’ll have a Gotway MSX

im in the northern suburbs and usually ride the creek trails all the way from the Airport to the city and out either side

happy to meet up with anyone for a ride and even bring along the ONE S2 if you can ride but haven’t got a wheel

im no pro but I can ride ok

im still not bored riding by myself, but it’d be great to ride with others

Hi Trev I may take you up on yr offer I'm down from Darwin for work in Melbourne till end of month and gonna have some serious wheel withdraws 

EUC addiction is a savage beast 

Ps the MSX is epic be sure to upgrade the tire 

Ps staying at Glen Waverly and working at Lilydale 

Edited by Gaz Bon

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Alaeddin said:

Am riding everyday in from Notting hill to CBD I got 18xl 

just be careful out there I just got my fine for riding EUC 

So what was the fine for ,unlicensed motor vehicle??? Speeding , or one to many 

1. Unregistered vehicle 413

2. use unregistered vehicle with engine more then 60cc $165

I mean doesn’t have engine and and not by cc by watt I am sorry to say they don’t know how this things work 

we have to do something about this it should  be legal
we should all meet up. Escooter, onewheel, EUC, E board and make it happen 

A couple months ago I was stopped by the cops while riding very sedately on an otherwise empty sidewalk on Smith St. in Fitzroy. They declined to give me a ticket but were emphatic that the only place in Victoria that it was possible to ride EUC legally was on private property.

I did my best to read the actual legal code and it looks to me as if they weren't actually right, since the rules that might otherwise apply are defined in terms of the number of wheels on the vehicle, and nothing covers a vehicle with a single wheel. This is not advice to argue with cops on the street, but a lawyer mate of mine said he'd do some research....

Maybe try attaching a small caster wheel to the front, and if you're stopped turn off the EUC and set it down on the small front wheel and just tell the cops you were just popping a wheelie.  All the time.  :whistling:  Or is it written specifically in the law that all wheels must be used in motion at all times?  

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love

I am not a cop but simple google search came across this info from Vic Roads.  Certainly Vic Roads don't think it's legal.

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/safety-and-road-rules/road-rules/a-to-z-of-road-rules/hoverboards-segways-and-other-motorised-devices

• 2 months later...

Bump 

keeping this alive

theres a few getting around Melbourne now

i have an MSX and Mten3

keen to meet up for a ride on the bike paths and or off-road trails anywhere 

good opportunity to try out different machines too as I know there people with Kingsongs and Inmotions getting around the place

No need for trains

16x will make it there and back

actually I live nearby and I ride all these trails regularly the Moonee Ponds creek, ring road trail, Merri creek trail, Darebin creek, Plenty valley river trail and Yarra trail and more

Here’s a pic of the loop I did on Xmas eve

D1880FA2-B801-4A1A-9B36-40B11EFE1EA4.jpeg

I’m still a bit fresh for a ride that far yet. Only done 180km so far.

Been commuting into the city on the moonee ponds creek trail for a couple of weeks now. just sucks once I get along southbank as there are so many people... 

Maybe once I get a few more K’s on me I’ll be ready for a group ride :)

4 hours ago, Mortal Coil said:

Wow. You get around! I’m lucky to get 5k’s on the flat from my current wheel. The 16X will be a relevation!

You will be amazed

i had a V10F and upgraded to the MSX

the V10F is a great wheel and even still the MSX makes it seem like a toy

you are going from a Barbie Jeep to a Range Rover