How many EUC riders are there in the world?

Juggler

3 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Yet another convert………

Absolutely! I still ride my scooter for things like church, where helmet hair, and lugging a bunch of safety gear isn’t reasonable, but the EUC is my go to vehicle.

I see scooters as boring practical devices, whereas EUC’s are both practical, and fun. It’s also fun turning heads. No one in my area has ever seen such a contraption, so I’m met with everything from curiosity to laughter. It’s all welcome.

• Like 3

On 10/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, skunkmonkey said:

NYC

In NYC, every rider on an EUC means one less car in traffic, so for the most part, the car drivers don't mind them. Since NYC allows e-bikes to use the LPI (leading pedestrian interval) signals that allow pedestrians to cross before cars get a green signal, the NYC EUC riders take advantage of that, which explains whet appears to be the EUC riders running red lights (look to see if pedestrians, bikes, or e-bikes are also moving when you see that).

Edited by rcgldr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

In NYC, every rider on an EUC means one less car in traffic, so for the most part, the car drivers don't mind them.

i don't live in NYC 😇, but nevertheless, i am sure the statement above is not correct. I would assume, that only 1 of 20 euc riders in NYC are actually commuting or using their wheel for business, all the other riders are riding for fun and pleasure, and hence they just add to the already jammed traffic.  The car drivers don't mind, no, they dont care and a lot if them for sure are thinking "get the f*** out of the way stupid one wheeled clown, what are you doing in the middle if car traffic, that's dangerous! "

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Robse said:

the most dangerous part of life is getting married. If it's successful, you wont survive it. 

Hehe. That reminded me of what Bill Maher says sometimes: "If it weren't for my wife I couldn't have gotten through this cancer treatment. - Well, maybe she gave it to you."

Dude...

Edited by alcatraz
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Robse said:

i don't live in NYC ... get out of the way

The speed limit in all of downtown NYC is 25 mph. Almost all of the EUCs ridden there can go 28 mph or faster, so they don't interfere with traffic.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, rcgldr said:

The speed limit in all of downtown NYC is 25 mph. Almost all of the EUCs ridden there can go 28 mph or faster, so they don't interfere with traffic.

I appreciate you sharing the laws of NYC, I'll admit that I'm woefully ignorant of the laws there, and everything I know about EUC traffic in NYC comes from YouTube videos, which may not be representative of reality.

When I mentioned the NYC riders acting like lunatics, what I was actually referring to was the videos where you see them dodging between cars with barely an inch to spare, and zero warning. That kind of thing would be illegal and dangerous for a motorcycle, and I wouldn't think that an EUC would be any safer. Regardless of the skill of the rider, the skill, and attentiveness of the other vehicles comes into play as well, and it seems like an accident waiting to happen. If I were a cop, I would definitely hand out tickets for that.

Edited by skunkmonkey
  • Upvote 1

i went to nyc in 1982. that was enough for me. i agree with both of u. it's crazy to live in nyc, it's crazy to ride on any road with cars, but i agree, with the congestion in nyc, it's probably way safer than my rural environment where a unmarked cop went by at about 60 on my 30 mph road yesterday. u might be able to hit 60 in nyc at 430am and blowing thru lights, like i got my cabbie to do.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The thing to remember is that there is zero marketing being done to the general consumer; once upon a time before wheels got big people like me thought of them as a fun curious device that might be useful for commuting.  Nowadays all the average consumer gets is flybys from dudes armored to the teeth and breathless interviews in the media from riders who are more than eager to embrace the sensational severe-crashes-are-inevitable narrative. Small wonder uptake has slowed. Also, scooters are super dangerous, people are kidding themselves who think otherwise.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

this is gonna be my pitch to inmotion starting an euc only dealership. 

starting out there won't be enough sales to justify brick and mortar, but i'm thinking more like a wheel barn, like a horse barn on my property, and teach riders right here on the turf and the pavement. learning on turf is the best because u won't get hurt bad, and u will learn super fast.

up until i tested out these v13's, there wasn't a wheel i'd feel safe putting one of my friends on. sure, u can go ride that mountain mule v14 or lynx, but my yoga padded v13's are soft and squishy. much less scarring on unintentional dismounts. 

florida is so flat and warm, it's perfect for electric vehicles. the villages is the most popular place in the nation and i think it's because they like golf carts. suppose i could crack that market. i'll be 70 in april. bunches of retirees getting checks every month.