How many EUC riders are there in the world?

Juggler

EUC's are getting more popular each year since they were first available. I'm wondering how it would be possible to estimate the global total?

Maybe if all the manufactures published their total sales we could add it up?

1 hour ago, Juggler said:

EUC's are getting more popular each year since they were first available. I'm wondering how it would be possible to estimate the global total?

Maybe if all the manufactures published their total sales we could add it up?

Except for the fact that many riders own multiple EUCs

39 minutes ago, Dzlchef said:

Except for the fact that many riders own multiple EUCs

Yeah, thanks for messing that up Marty, Duf, me and many others! They are just too much fun.

Kingsong should be able to report how many user profiles are using their app. I only have the one profile for my two wheels. Is that possible @US69? IDK if Gotway has the same setup.

6 minutes ago, Flyboy10 said:

Yeah, thanks for messing that up Marty, Duf, me and many others! They are just too much fun.

Kingsong should be able to report how many user profiles are using their app. I only have the one profile for my two wheels. Is that possible @US69? IDK if Gotway has the same setup.

To be totally honest, concrete numbers of wheels sold, or numbers of app acounts.... i doubt that KS (or GW or any other company) wants those numbers to be released...

I can't see that happening. I mean anycompany have a accounting balance they need to do. But they don't need to share customer numbers. That type of info is kept very tight in any business.

The present, august Forum has confronted this very question before.  Updating to cover the intervening year, with essentially the same caveats and carve-outs as in our earlier study, I can report that the world-wide electric-unicycle ridership population stands at 3109. 

• Like 1

As of end 2017 the InMotion V8 had been sold more than 12,000 times. This fact alone makes it extremely unlikely that the current EUC riders population is anything below 10,000. However, this is a number from 2017 and it is only one single model (though probably the best-ever-seller) and it is not like that every second EUC we happen to see is a V8 (as it possibly was the case at some point for the Ninebot One). That means, IMHO, a reasonable estimate can hardly be below 50,000 EUC riders world wide.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Mono said:

As of end 2017 the InMotion V8 had been sold more than 12,000 times. This fact alone makes it extremely unlikely that the current EUC riders population is anything below 10,000. However, this is a number from 2017 and it is only one single model (though probably the best-ever-seller) and it is not like that every second EUC we happen to see is a V8 (as it possibly was the case at some point for the Ninebot One). That means, IMHO, a reasonable estimate can hardly be below 50,000 EUC riders world wide.

I have no idea really but sounds like some good points to me!

Perhaps Marty alone is boosting those numbers, the day he is no longer into wheels... God forbid half of them manufacturers may just close within a month.

Jokes aside that makes no sense at all to me, I suspect most owners are not hanging on this forum as well, certainly not day and night, Chinese market alone could potentially dwarf us here in the west but I am speculating wildly so?

• 1 year later...

I was talking to a friend the other day and they said they see riders in London often but almost never anywhere else but clearly they exist!

How many riders are there in the UK? Or even the world? Is there a way of estimating this?

My best guess is somewhere between 3 and 300,000 :)   If you come up with a good estimate, let me know and good luck!

Edited by ShanesPlanet
  • Like 2

More than last year, less than next year.  Somewhere between 100,000 and 300,000. I think that it would be safe to say that at least 300,000 people have learned to ride. They might not own a wheel or had one and gave it up. I know about 15 people that know how to ride. Only five of them own a wheel. I have 5 wheels and let people ride them. 

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

Hello all.

I'm asking here to have a more global opinion. This started in a local discussion between wheelers and we never got an agreement. It even ended bad 🤣

So, does anybody knows which wheels are the most sold? The inexpensive 84v 50kmh wheels like V8/10 or the most expensive high speed ones?

This to determine where is the actual consumer market.

In my opinion eucs are like electric scooters, the low end 40kmh market is the best selling , with the high speed ones being more of a niche market.

I think the same about eucs, but many of my speed demons friend here say the opposite, 

Does anybody here has real numbers ?

I believe you can pay for a market analysis report, but that would be an estimate based on who knows what. Without the manufacturers releasing their individual numbers, it's pretty much all guesswork.

Your view isn't uncommon though… smaller, slower, cheaper wheels are purchased by people that don't hang out with the big, expensive, fast wheelers in their action figure combat costumes. There's a lot of the former. I heard that IM sells more wheels than all the other manufacturers combined—the bulk of which are not V12 or even V11 class.

• Like 1

Indeed. But Inmotion sells scooters as well. I wonder what part of their business model is Euc related. 

Hope they won't do like ninebot and go scooter only in two years..

But I wonder if resellers could have an idea..

I still think "good enough" eucs are the most sold..

• 1 month later...

I remember that during the Kingsong S22 debacle it was announced that "several thousand" S22 were going to have to be recalled. Several thousand, of a single, brand new and very expensive EUC model. I suspect that the number of 50.000 EUC riders worldwide is much too low, its probably well over 100.000, and that isnt counting all those Chinese 14'' toy wheels with a 130Wh battery pack.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 4:15 AM, Heymelon said:

HI, I keep finding this quote when I google for V8 unities sold. Can't find a source or that data anywhere though?

My source was Jason McNeil who was quoting an "internal source" of his.

• 1 month later...

These are the sales data I could find:

All these data suggest that small models (V5, V8, KS16S, KS14M) dominated the market by sold units last year and before. Only both KingSong 18" models and the V11 are additionally in the mix of best selling models.

Edited by Mono

• 11 months later...
3 hours ago, novazeus said:

yeah, i wonder. i heard somewhere that the north american market was the biggest.

Well their release schedule caters to the Southern hemisphere rather than the Northern, so unless the EUC companies are just being completely ignorant of their customer base, I’d guess that’s not the case. It doesn’t make much sense to do wheel releases at the end of the riding season.

• Like 1

File alongside questions like 'How long is a piece of string?' and 'How many birds are in flight above the earth right now?' in the 'unknowable facts' box...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1