Best EUC for Long Distance Dirt Roads

Luke Herron

Hey guys, I've been riding a Z10 In Singapore and loved it, but now I'm back in the States for a while. I live in a very rural area and really want to get a wheel to use here. It would especially be nice for getting me to and from the tractor when in the field, as I can just carry it in the cab with me. It will hardly ever see pavement, and mostly just gravel roads, and maybe an occasional soft field or pasture. What wheel do you recommend? I love my Z10 but I'm afraid it might be too slow for the long distances I now have.

MSX is the first that jumps to mind as it has the widest tire and a bigger battery. If it is fairly smooth dirth roads than the 18XL will win on the range. If you wait for the 16X it should be fine also. Monster also works... There aren't too many choices with bigger than a 995wh battery.... Yet...

I personally would say the 18XL because it has a good head light and you can play country music while cruising the dirt road (if you are into that).

5 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

That's out of my expertise. I'm a downtown city rider with occasional off-road trails. But maybe @Smoother @mrelwood @Lutalo    or someone else knows.

Edit: knobs can only help in dirt right?

@Marty Backe possibly has the best known (he reports his findings) experience of multiple wheels on dirt roads.  According to him you already have the off road king.  https://www.youtube.com/ElectricUnicycles 

What do you mean?.. 

6 hours ago, Luke Herron said:

I love my Z10 but I'm afraid it might be too slow for the long distances I now have.

No one's complained about the Z10 being slow.  But you can buy a code to hack the firmware and get another (5kph (I think).  search for the thread. What long distances are you talking about?  25 miles is an easy range on a Z10.  How far away do you park your tractor?

I know of no knobby tire for the Z10.

PS I think you should change you "name"  to "High Plains Drifter"

If 20+ mph is too slow and 25-miles is too short (the Z10), then your best option is probably the MSX, with it's very wide and big tire, it would handle your road conditions easily.

14 hours ago, Luke Herron said:

Hey guys, I've been riding a Z10 In Singapore and loved it, but now I'm back in the States for a while. I live in a very rural area and really want to get a wheel to use here. It would especially be nice for getting me to and from the tractor when in the field, as I can just carry it in the cab with me. It will hardly ever see pavement, and mostly just gravel roads, and maybe an occasional soft field or pasture. What wheel do you recommend? I love my Z10 but I'm afraid it might be too slow for the long distances I now have.

As @Marty Backe wrote, get MSX. Being an experienced wheel rider you'll get the best from this wheel - you'll benefit from powerful motor, control alghoritms that are especially well tuned for offroad use and optimal tire width. I'm a big fan of KS-18L/XL, but MSX will fit your specific needs better.

Archived