Msuper 3 vibration

wandersell

Hi!

I recently bought a used low milage Msuper 3. Everything seems to be ok, but it has a strange vibration when riding it. Sometimes it inclines to one side or another, it feels a bit unstable. Sometimes there are none of the above mentioned symptoms. What could be the reason for it? Everything seems to be intact, no damages. Your advice and ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Can you describe the "vibration" more?

25 minutes ago, wandersell said:

Sometimes it inclines to one side or another

What do you mean by that? Forward/backwards or sideways (which usually can't be the wheel)?

Maybe a hall sensor issue or loose axle nuts?

Sometimes a vibration can develop when the control board becomes loose. This is not unusual. To check and fix if necessary, remove the right side panel and tighten the four corner mounting screws on the control board.

I am not sure what you are feeling.

Also , The MSupers tend to have a rumble vibration at low speeds or during acceleration. This normal behavior has concerned people before. 

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Sometimes a vibration can develop when the control board becomes loose. This is not unusual. To check and fix if necessary, remove the right side panel and tighten the four corner mounting screws on the control board.

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try tomorrow.

11 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Can you describe the "vibration" more?

What do you mean by that? Forward/backwards or sideways (which usually can't be the wheel)?

Maybe a hall sensor issue or loose axle nuts?

Sideways vibration. If I try to accelerate fast, it becomes "unstable", so I have to slow down or break immediately. Hall sensor issue? What's that? 

Aren't you just talking about speed wobbles then? Those aren't the wheel, those are the rider:)

Other than a mega bent motor rim (the metal part that the tire sits on) or maybe a bent axle (not sure), there's nothing in a wheel that can cause it to wobble sideways. See if you can see any mechanical damage. Does the tire rotate nicely (no visible big imbalance) when you just turn it while it's off? If you can find no damage and the tire rotates fine, I don't think there is anything in a wheel that could cause sideways wobble.

All those other explanations (loose board, loose axle nut, hall sensor issues) would cause the wheel to buck forwards-backwards only. Not sideways.

Hall sensors count the wheel rotations and therefore the wheel speed (they literally count the magnets in the rotating part of the motor going by), and they are connected to the board with very fragile/brittle wires. If these wires (or the sensors themselves) are damaged, you'd get crazy wheel behavior. But that is NOT the problem you seem to have.

Check that your board is not loose (can never hurt) and that there's no bent rim (or something like that). Sometimes rim damage can be hard to find/see, but it's the only other thing I can think of that could cause sideways imbalance (other than the rider:)).

Language is so important yet so difficult in an international Forum.

My suggested fix is regarding "vibration". But if @meepmeepmayer is correct and you are actually talking about "wobble", then pay more attention to what he wrote vs what I wrote.

I know I should read more of all the other posts, but it looked to me we are talking wobbling wheel. Speed beyond riders skill by either strength in legs, fatigue or lag or delay of response to balance with feet.

I also found a very different wobbling effect or odd sensation. If you ride with too low tyre pressure you can get some odd wobbleing sensation when tryi g ride almost parallel to a like/edge. I got this when riding on wooden planks in an elevated pathway or pedestrian tube in a harbour area. My tyre had come down to 1.4 bar, so I filled the tyre with more air to about 2.5 bar.

8 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Aren't you just talking about speed wobbles then? Those aren't the wheel, those are the rider:)

Other than a mega bent motor rim (the metal part that the tire sits on) or maybe a bent axle (not sure), there's nothing in a wheel that can cause it to wobble sideways. See if you can see any mechanical damage. Does the tire rotate nicely (no visible big imbalance) when you just turn it while it's off? If you can find no damage and the tire rotates fine, I don't think there is anything in a wheel that could cause sideways wobble.

All those other explanations (loose board, loose axle nut, hall sensor issues) would cause the wheel to buck forwards-backwards only. Not sideways.

Hall sensors count the wheel rotations and therefore the wheel speed (they literally count the magnets in the rotating part of the motor going by), and they are connected to the board with very fragile/brittle wires. If these wires (or the sensors themselves) are damaged, you'd get crazy wheel behavior. But that is NOT the problem you seem to have.

Check that your board is not loose (can never hurt) and that there's no bent rim (or something like that). Sometimes rim damage can be hard to find/see, but it's the only other thing I can think of that could cause sideways imbalance (other than the rider:)).

Thanks for the answer, but its not the rim, that was the first thing I checked. And with a damaged rim this sideways wobbling would be constant, but in my case it disappears and appears again. It is strange indeed. I will check today if the board is not loose. 

6 hours ago, Unventor said:

I know I should read more of all the other posts, but it looked to me we are talking wobbling wheel. Speed beyond riders skill by either strength in legs, fatigue or lag or delay of response to balance with feet.

I also found a very different wobbling effect or odd sensation. If you ride with too low tyre pressure you can get some odd wobbleing sensation when tryi g ride almost parallel to a like/edge. I got this when riding on wooden planks in an elevated pathway or pedestrian tube in a harbour area. My tyre had come down to 1.4 bar, so I filled the tyre with more air to about 2.5 bar.

The tyre pressure is just under 3. bar. And the problem is not in my legs fatigue  or strength, because with my Tesla I don't have this problem

I just experienced the left and right pulls this weekend after inflating the tires higher than I like.  Reduced the pressure and back to normal.
My problem is that my normal is lower air pressure because I like the softer suspension-like ride, but caused me to get a flat :P

Archived