ACM battery Packages

Thank you all for your feedback.

13 hours ago, Heyzeus said:

But hey if you have the wheel apart and you're feeling adventurous pop that 2.5 tire on and let the rest of us know if it works

The point is I don't; I'm just contemplating options before possibly making my decision of buying one... ;)

13 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

And since there is no protection from water or dirt then, it limits when you could use the wheel.

I would never consider this kind of interference by ripping off the casing plastic inside of the wheel and opening water access to the electric elements; I was only considering cutting off some amount of the wheel's body plastic at the areas where the tire exits the casing to create sufficient clearance for the wider tire and hopped that would do the trick, but now I understand it most likely would not... :unsure:

13 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If I had to make an ACM 2.5 inch mod, I'd keep the top part of the shell as it is, just cut out the central part with the round hole for the axle and the holes for the screws where it's fastened to the pedal bracket, and move that down so the motor/tire sticks out more of the shell.

Now, that's quite an exciting and intriguing concept. I wish some lucky ACM owner would one day venture to put it in practice and report how it worked... :)

I was riding the KS16C for some time and at some moment got a chance to test my friend's Inmotion V10F. So, both tires of 16" diameter except one 1.125" wide and the other just a little wider - 2.5" but the difference in comfort on rugged surfaces, as for example on stone pavement, was phenomenal! That's where the whole idea ever came to my mind. And of course ACM beats the Inmotion in speed and maximum distance performance... 

P.S.

OK, it worked now! :clap3:

2 hours ago, szaroczek said:

I would never consider this kind of interference by ripping off the casing plastic inside of the wheel and opening water access to the electric elements; I was only considering cutting off some amount of the wheel's body plastic at the areas where the tire exits the casing to create sufficient clearance for the wider tire and hopped that would do the trick, but now I understand it most likely would not... :unsure:

It would definitely not work without cutting away the entire wheel well.

I use kitchen paper to drag through the wheel well to clean it. It is nearly as tight at the top as it is where the tire enters the hull. There's only like 3-4mm clearance everywhere.

2 hours ago, szaroczek said:

Now, that's quite an exciting and intriguing concept. I wish some lucky ACM owner would one day venture to put it in practice and report how it worked... :)

Haha, not me. I would need a second wheel (that I'd use most of the time anyway) before cutting the board heatsink. Since I even have a spare shell, maybe I'll try it when I have another wheel. The idea really is intriguing! I got excited, too. For now, my ACM is unused (winter) but shall not be harmed:)

But if this isn't a great project for @Marty Backe! Convert his offroad ACM2 to a 2.5 inch tire!;) Do it, Marty!

3 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It would definitely not work without cutting away the entire wheel well.

I use kitchen paper to drag through the wheel well to clean it. It is nearly as tight at the top as it is where the tire enters the hull. There's only like 3-4mm clearance everywhere.

Haha, not me. I would need a second wheel (that I'd use most of the time anyway) before cutting the board heatsink. Since I even have a spare shell, maybe I'll try it when I have another wheel. The idea really is intriguing! I got excited, too. For now, my ACM is unused (winter) but shall not be harmed:)

But if this isn't a great project for @Marty Backe! Convert his offroad ACM2 to a 2.5 inch tire!;) Do it, Marty!

This has already been done, by @Ando Melkonyan. He posted pictures here on the Forum. Had to cut away parts of the ACM shell. He did the same thing to his Tesla (he likes wide tires).

19 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

This has already been done, by @Ando Melkonyan. He posted pictures here on the Forum. Had to cut away parts of the ACM shell. He did the same thing to his Tesla (he likes wide tires).

ACM too? Only remembered the Tesla mod.

But indeed. Looks like he cut away the inner wheel well partly, but not as much as I would have guessed.

On 3/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

If I had to make an ACM 2.5 inch mod, I'd keep the top part of the shell as it is, just cut out the central part with the round hole for the axle and the holes for the screws where it's fastened to the pedal bracket, and move that down so the motor/tire sticks out more of the shell.

So, nobody ever considered and exercised this scheme of wider-tire mod for ACM...? :) Don't you think it might make sens...? :rolleyes:

On 3/4/2019 at 8:15 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

ACM too? Only remembered the Tesla mod.

But indeed. Looks like he cut away the inner wheel well partly, but not as much as I would have guessed.

Just cut up my ACM v2 last week to fit the same 2.5" tire. Did a lot less cutting this time ;)

18 hours ago, szaroczek said:

So, nobody ever considered and exercised this scheme of wider-tire mod for ACM...? :) Don't you think it might make sens...? :rolleyes:

Makes a lot of sense. Can work both ways. Cut out the inner top part of the shell and potentially weaken the shell..

or cut the center of the shell and weaken the only point where the entire shell sits on the pedals. 

Archived