Fast charger for Ninebot Z

Lukasz

On 2/4/2019 at 3:39 AM, Lukasz said:

Ninebot Z10  995 Wh battery is not the smallest one around, but...  in the cold weather range of Z10 may be short for "power riders" 

Thanks to international cooperation I have obtained, customized and tested for around 1 month already very good and light fast charger - it solves the range anxiety issue really well:

• Switchable 2.9A / 6A current for normal/fast charging -  in fast mode it offers around 330Wh/h of charging - which is 3 times faster than the original 120W charger,  
  • Low mass - with all cables and integrated charge doctor 630 grams only (which is less than original 2A charger which is 660 grams)
  • Balancing function - at the end of the charge power supply still offers 0,6A current to allow BMS to balance cells - see pictures for balancing process

1560155695_powersupplywithchd.thumb.jpg.b6eb817f6ff44277acc998fc94455e7e.jpg

682159469_chargingstart.thumb.jpg.46701d972388055c6383d03f9c159c45.jpg

1085823938_charging100Wh.thumb.jpg.bcd7dedaad93e4ee9afb88ea550368ee.jpg

2131702771_ballancing008.thumb.jpg.b77c6db13898c45fb58bc29e786a889d.jpg

1269299012_ballancing001.thumb.jpg.e4741920e7de6991c0f475d0209a832f.jpg

Full specification:

- max power 9,3A  /  700W (not used for Z10 as it may over strain cables/connectors/bms)

- efficiency - 93%

- weight approx. 450 grams (550 gr with cables without charge doctor)

- size 150x92x52 mm,

- Two-speed fan solution for quiet operation : full speed of the fan is in high current mode / quiet mode in half power - at end of the charge (quiet Sunon  fan used)

- thermal protection, protection against short circuit output.

- indication of modes (ON, charge,  charge finished)

- trimmer for fine tuning the output voltage.

- high efficiency / resonant topology,  board varnished for extra protection.

- charge mode CC-CV

- Input (mains) voltage range  190-260 V (EU), EU Power cord length - 1.5m.

- Output cable (flexible, silicone) - 0.8m  The charger is supplied, by default without an output connector.

- Warranty - 1 year.

- cost around 150 USD with shipment to anywhere in Europe (this price does not include charge doctor nor Ninebot connector)

* the project is custom-made, this is not a certified/commercial product.  

1420790298_powersupplyunit.jpg.65e49810666683ae04d943bc84ba83f3.jpg

Where can we buy this thx

1 hour ago, stephen said:

Where can we buy this thx

Hello @Afeez Kay @stephen - please write directly to Wector  <wectorels@gmail.com>   You can mention  that You have the contact from Lukasz.   

If You will be interested in super small box for charge doctor - like I have used here - let me know - this is my design. (regular bigger universal charge doctor can be used of course - see it used on the  thread 

4 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Hello @Afeez Kay @stephen - please write directly to Wector  <wectorels@gmail.com>   You can mention  that You have the contact from Lukasz.   

If You will be interested in super small box for charge doctor - like I have used here - let me know - this is my design. (regular bigger universal charge doctor can be used of course - see it used on the  thread 

Thanks 🙏🏾 

• 2 months later...

Hello dear euc friends,

you can order the pin for ninebot z on gearbest with adapter for almost 20euros, only for the pin because it will charge at only 1.2 amp.

https://www.banggood.com/58_2V-120W-Battery-Quick-Charger-For-Xiaomi-Ninebot-Mini-Plus-Scooter-p-1415822.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

so with charge doctor you can help yourself out!

Me again,

for those who want a good charger:

Charger-JR-T450-Gen.-V-Controls.jpg

https://www.ewheels.com/product/new-speedway-pro-iii-iv-not-mini4-5a-58-8v-charger/

greetz Kris

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Since I 'm in Europe (Belgium) and didn't want to pay double import taxes (CN > US > EU), I ordered this one :

https://eunicycles.eu/en/chargers/164-smart-charger-300w-588v-nb-z10.html

Smart fast charger with some programming capabilities and display integrated
(Kingsong derivate - manual mentions kingsong ?)

Keep you posted on delivery and functioning ...

• Like 1

It's a nice unit, but personally I would struggle to pay £125 (plus shipping at ?) for a £40 charger delivered from Ali (and 6A if using a Wate one) albeit with an added:

Display (£10 on Ali if you really want/need it).
Facility to adjust charge cut-off (or just use your watch with a calculation of % per hour - on the Z10 a 6A charge gives around 30% battery per hour)
Ninebot specific plug (can use the original one off the old charger).

I get that this is simple, requires no soldering of the old Ninebot plug and that you need not worry about % per hour but for me it's too pricy. All people are different of course, and YMMV. Good find though :)

• Like 1