FIRST RIDE on the GOTWAY NIKOLA!!

Kuji Rolls

9 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Yes I am constantly at the edge of overpowering the v8.  It was the best wheel to learn on I am so happy I got it. But I’m gonna give it to my wife and I think it’ll suit her riding style much better. The 16x. that’s awesome I am really excited to see how they both turn out. I really wanted a gotway to see what all the hype it about. Lol.  I want the extreme performance and I also want my new wheel like now.  I couldn’t wait till August, no way.  Just waiting another month is going to be hard. Lol.   When I get it I will definitely figure out how to do some cool videos with it. 😎. You should do the same with the 16x👍🏼

Here's how I thought about it.

I'm not sure about Goway's attention to details and reliability. While their newest controller board sounds promising, only time will tell.

The 300 lux extra headlamp brightness on the 16x is meaningful to me, as is the slightly narrow width. With short legs, I don't want to have too wide a stance. I'll also take the 2lb lighter weight, thank you!

Against that, the wait is going to be tough. But I thought it'd be a good exercise in patience for me. Are we there yet?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was there and got some footage; will include it in my next video. Also @Tishawn Fahiewas there also; he got good footage of it on his camera and will hopefully put something out soon!

Also; the wheel felt a bit sluggish but I think it's because it was set on the softest setting for the demo purpose.

19 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

I was there and got some footage; will include it in my next video. Also @Tishawn Fahiewas there also; he got good footage of it on his camera and will hopefully put something out soon!

Also; the wheel felt a bit sluggish but I think it's because it was set on the softest setting for the demo purpose.

Looking forward to the footage 😊 even though i don't like the look

20 minutes ago, Hsiang said:

Might as well mention it here (though unrelated to the thread topic!)... I really enjoy your videos. I'm a subscriber. Video is good, editing good, music...(bit too Casey Neistat for me), but most importantly your words - they are excellent: well considered, well delivered and at a very good cadence.

Keep it up.

BTW. because of your 'review' I want a POC Coron now...damn you! (says my bank account).

9 hours ago, rinzler said:

Might as well mention it here (though unrelated to the thread topic!)... I really enjoy your videos. I'm a subscriber. Video is good, editing good, music...(bit too Casey Neistat for me), but most importantly your words - they are excellent: well considered, well delivered and at a very good cadence.

Keep it up.

BTW. because of your 'review' I want a POC Coron now...damn you! (says my bank account).

Thank you! I greatly appreciate it, especially since I was reading the forum since I was having major brain block on what to talk about for the next video! Btw I can only take credit for being a good editor since apparently I did a good job deleting the 90% of the boring none-sense that usually come out of my mouth. =D

On 4/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, Jon Stern said:

Here's how I thought about it.

I'm not sure about Goway's attention to details and reliability. While their newest controller board sounds promising, only time will tell.

The 300 lux extra headlamp brightness on the 16x is meaningful to me, as is the slightly narrow width. With short legs, I don't want to have too wide a stance. I'll also take the 2lb lighter weight, thank you!

Against that, the wait is going to be tough. But I thought it'd be a good exercise in patience for me. Are we there yet?

Lol right.. why do they have to tease us by showing us the wheel but making us wait so long for it...   

so when you say you’re not sure about gotway attention to detail and reliability I wonder what you mean ? 

As far as I can tell from reviews and videos, the last several gotway wheels have been excellent... mcm5,Tesla,and msx.. Almost zero controller board failure rates and the best performance out there..  pretty much the only complaint I hear over and over again is their design.. ie; trolly handles, bad balance, cheap looking.. etc.. and in my opinion and from what I’ve heard, they addressed most of these issues in the nikola so it has the potential to be an amazing wheel. 

But I haven’t even seen one In person yet soo am just going off videos and reviews.   But I know the batteries are lower so the center of gravity should be better and it looks awesome..   but I am a big dude . 6’3” so a big and wide wheel really helps my balance and my ability to correct wobbles and control the wheel.   That’s my least favorite thing about the v8 is it’s too thin.

Also the led lights and the headlight on the 16x are really cool looking but I think the nikolas make you more visible. I was hit by a driver once because he didn’t see me .. now I always carry a powerful flashlight with me so the headlight is a secondary.

Oh yeah and I can’t forget the king song high pitch whine that they make    I love to glide quietly and hear the wind   I think that the noise they make would really get on my nerves   That made a big difference for me too.

So there are definitely good things to be said for both and who knows I may decide to get the 16x as a strictly off-road wheel if people love it as much as they think they will..  but I am going with gotway nikola for my everyday cruising commuter.    Three weeks they say.  I am sooo ready 😆

Archived