FIRST RIDE on the GOTWAY NIKOLA!!

Kuji Rolls

Looks like the 100V Version is out already! 

Screenshot_20190426_003415_com.alibaba.aliexpresshd.jpg

Edited by ED209
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, stephen said:

It doesn't let you select it in the options it just says 0wh what does that mean?

Battery-less (use your existing packs).

There are 84V 0Wh & 100V 0Wh and options (on Mobile, it's under "Color" options)

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, ED209 said:

Looks like the 100V Version is out already! 

I knew it!

They tried to hide it from the initial ecoDrift announcement (edited after 1st post), so they could play the same launch sales tactics, sell 84V first, then quickly launch 100V after, to maximize sales.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, houseofjob said:

Battery-less (use your existing packs).

There are 84V 0Wh & 100V 0Wh and options (on Mobile, it's under "Color" options)

Yeah i noticed that but why aren't they selling with battery?

8 minutes ago, stephen said:

Dunno. 

Guessing the with-battery versions require assembly time (3rd party pack out-sourcing(?)), while they can just ship the assembled batteryless versions out faster.

I'm sure we'll see the full 100V NIkola go on sale soon now.

Edited by houseofjob
  • Upvote 2

Guest PogArt Artur
11 minutes ago, stephen said:

I'm woooonder.., why you're so curious @stephen ... :)

Have you got a room for another wheel?

Lol :)

I've received the trolley handle today, no more lifting the wheel , well, not as much :)

2 hours ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

I agree with @houseofjob, it feels better than the MSX with the taller body.  I just don't like thick body wheels.  never have, probably never will.  enjoy your wheel, i'm not telling you what to like, i'm just sharing with you my experience.  

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

I'm woooonder.., why you're so curious @stephen ... :)

Have you got a room for another wheel?

Lol :)

I've received the trolley handle today, no more lifting the wheel , well, not as much :)

Yes I've got room for another wheel i got the MSX and Z10 i think my next wheel is the kinsong 16x i don't think i like round wheels 😃

Get that trolley handle fitted and put a pic of your Dalmatian with handle 😊:P

Guest PogArt Artur
11 minutes ago, stephen said:

Yes I've got room for another wheel i got the MSX and Z10 i think my next wheel is the kinsong 16x i don't think i like round wheels 😃

I'll do it for you, but it's charging atm,so let me post the pic later on pls :)

I like the KS 16X as well...

I think it will be well known already,at a time I'll be ready for an upgrade, lol :)

I'm thinking of taking off the Dalmatian's rubber dots...

I don't think they are of any help right now.

I won't be practicing jumping on the kerbs, because of the trolley handle fitted, so there's no need to keep the dog for longer? 

I'm about to make a call to local RSPCA  :)

Edited by PogArt Artur

8 minutes ago, eddiemoy said:

I agree with @houseofjob, it feels better than the MSX with the taller body.  I just don't like thick body wheels.  never have, probably never will.  enjoy your wheel, i'm not telling you what to like, i'm just sharing with you my experience.  

Much appreciated @eddiemoy everyone’s honest opinion was what I wanted .   It’s not as wide as the msx right. I think one inch thinner  9. Inches compared to 7.9.  If I remember right.    I just want a powerful wheel with over 40 miles  of range at least 30mph cruising speed and I want it to look like a wheel.  Lol I just think the msx even it looks cool. It’s boxy shape just doesn’t appeal to me.  And the tesla... it’s the closest competitor imo to the Nikola but it’s got 50% less battery and I’ve heard nothing good about it’s durability .  So enter the Nikola with a thicker tire so more stable and it has the looks. It’s sexy sleek and bad ass at the same time and it’s got the range , speed ,and power that I’m craving.   So I think it has way more positives than negatives and I absolutely cannot wait to get on this wheel and see what it can do 😍😍😍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Much appreciated @eddiemoy everyone’s honest opinion was what I wanted .   It’s not as wide as the msx right. I think one inch thinner  9. Inches compared to 7.9.  If I remember right.    I just want a powerful wheel with over 40 miles  of range at least 30mph cruising speed and I want it to look like a wheel.  Lol I just think the msx even it looks cool. It’s boxy shape just doesn’t appeal to me.  And the tesla... it’s the closest competitor imo to the Nikola but it’s got 50% less battery and I’ve heard nothing good about it’s durability .  So enter the Nikola with a thicker tire so more stable and it has the looks. It’s sexy sleek and bad ass at the same time and it’s got the range , speed ,and power that I’m craving.   So I think it has way more positives than negatives and I absolutely cannot wait to get on this wheel and see what it can do 😍😍😍

I felt it was just as thick with the new bulky sidepads.  To me it didn't feel any thinner than the MSX.  Plus the thickness is higher up which is not comfortable for me.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

It’s not as wide as the msx right. I think one inch thinner  9. Inches compared to 7.9.  If I remember right.

The Nikola body felt noticeably wider than the MSX in comparison, especially towards the ankles/shin, which makes sense for the egg bowling shape.

6 minutes ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

And the tesla... it’s the closest competitor imo to the Nikola but it’s got 50% less battery and I’ve heard nothing good about it’s durability . 

You might be referencing older v1 Tesla reports here.

The newer 2019 shells are much more durable from local rider reports here in NYC (on drops, etc.)

Guest PogArt Artur
1 hour ago, stephen said:

As you wish @stephen , lol  :)

IMG_26042019_204910_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.346ac270022eb73d3a7bb425730ed96e.jpgIMG_26042019_204940_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.3340cde7f22063ce2c3cffafb243301e.jpgIMG_26042019_204953_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.d8068d070ae8c18bb5d4b8f3b962a8cb.jpgIMG_26042019_205001_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.2edda6bd4a00c51677b3844e8199bd5f.jpg

45 minutes ago, PogArt Artur said:

As you wish @stephen , lol  :)

IMG_26042019_204910_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.346ac270022eb73d3a7bb425730ed96e.jpgIMG_26042019_204940_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.3340cde7f22063ce2c3cffafb243301e.jpgIMG_26042019_204953_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.d8068d070ae8c18bb5d4b8f3b962a8cb.jpgIMG_26042019_205001_(1000_x_1200_pixel).thumb.jpg.2edda6bd4a00c51677b3844e8199bd5f.jpg

Loving the trolley handle , i think they  can go now, i hope they come off OK with no sticky residue otherwise it will be a long process 😁,,, keep that dog on a leash ,,,Oooh you got a stick now 😃(handle) 😁

Guest PogArt Artur
8 minutes ago, stephen said:

Loving the trolley handle , i think they  can go now, i hope they come off OK with no sticky residue otherwise it will be a long process 😁,,, keep that dog on a leash ,,,Oooh you got a stick now 😃(handle) 😁

hahahahahaaaaa hahahaaaa :)

2 hours ago, houseofjob said:

The Nikola body felt noticeably wider than the MSX in comparison, especially towards the ankles/shin, which makes sense for the egg bowling shape.

You might be referencing older v1 Tesla reports here.

The newer 2019 shells are much more durable from local rider reports here in NYC (on drops, etc.)

Do you think the Tesla is a better wheel ?

1 hour ago, houseofjob said:

I'm the wrong person to ask, as I never was a fan of the look, low pedal height and overall feel.

The Tesla pedals are actually relatively high for most (excepting the V10F) 16-inch wheels. I understand they still might be too low for you, but just wanted to clarify for others that the Tesla foot stance is relatively high.

Like the MSX pedals are just ~1/16-inch higher than the KS18XL, but the dihedral angle is steeper so the overall sensation is that the MSX has much taller pedals. The Tesla is the same. It is a little taller than average but the pedals have a higher dihedral angle so you feel like you are standing taller.

FYI.

Edited by Marty Backe
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lucas Alexander Oliver said:

Eh. I’m still super stoked for the Nikola. I am pretty confident it will be amazing    I only wish it were here already I am so impatient.    I ride my v8 too hard though. I need more power stat. Lol 

Sounds like you're in a similar situation as me (wanting an upgrade to my v8 because I'm riding close to its limit much of the.time), but I've opted for the KS-16X.

6 hours ago, Jon Stern said:

Sounds like you're in a similar situation as me (wanting an upgrade to my v8 because I'm riding close to its limit much of the.time), but I've opted for the KS-16X.

Yes I am constantly at the edge of overpowering the v8.  It was the best wheel to learn on I am so happy I got it. But I’m gonna give it to my wife and I think it’ll suit her riding style much better. The 16x. that’s awesome I am really excited to see how they both turn out. I really wanted a gotway to see what all the hype it about. Lol.  I want the extreme performance and I also want my new wheel like now.  I couldn’t wait till August, no way.  Just waiting another month is going to be hard. Lol.   When I get it I will definitely figure out how to do some cool videos with it. 😎. You should do the same with the 16x👍🏼

Edited by Lucas Alexander Oliver
More to say
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1