Does this look right??

Chrisxr2

Your feet aren't even.  This can sometimes cause a wobble. Especially with beginners.  I would try moving your left foot more forward so it's the same as your right foot.  Other than that it's difficult to tell how uneven the terrain is but uneven spots can cause side to side wobbles.  As you get better you see them and learn to anticipate them and they don't bother you. Or it could be that you are just wobbling because your muscles used for balancing aren't in shape just yet.

My video codecs are screwed so I can't see, but what @SirGeraint says sounds right.

It's a normal thing for beginners - just need to keep your feet as level as possible and ease off a little when it happens - after a while it will stop.  Keeping as relaxed as possible will help.

edit: I've taken a look at the video on a different device - def looks like the typical "beginner's speed wobble".

Dammit after further investigation it appears the wheel is not quote true, video attached.i have contacted Solowheel Eu and await their response. Glad I bought on my credit card now add I have insurance and warranty protection through them on top of the standard warranty.

https://www.dropbox.com/photos/shared_space/EmQ986lVajOQmBo

Dammit after further investigation it appears the wheel is not quote true, video attached.i have contacted Solowheel Eu and await their response. Glad I bought on my credit card now add I have insurance and warranty protection through them on top of the standard warranty.

https://www.dropbox.com/photos/shared_space/EmQ986lVajOQmBo

what do you mean not quite true? What's happened?

For the amount of money you paid, it's shockingly shoddy workmanship. Vincent's pretty good, I'm sure he'll get you sorted out...

Paddylaz, To me it looks like the wheel is buckled, Solowheel Eu are saying it's the tyre not sitting right, but the rim is fine, I am not convinced. Jason, Solowheel  Eu have replied

Please look it carefully, the tire is not straight but the rim is straight. It's really not important to drive. It could be by deflating and malaxing tire then inflating again.

Paddylaz, To me it looks like the wheel is buckled, Solowheel Eu are saying it's the tyre not sitting right, but the rim is fine, I am not convinced. Jason, Solowheel  Eu have replied

Please look it carefully, the tire is not straight but the rim is straight. It's really not important to drive. It could be by deflating and malaxing tire then inflating again.

oh right ok - the videos weren't working for me initially. Hope you get this sorted!

For the amount of money you paid, it's shockingly shoddy workmanship. Vincent's pretty good, I'm sure he'll get you sorted out...

Okay guys, escalating this now, i have had a professional tyre fitter at bike shop check it out and he is 99 percent sure it is the rim, Jason, i emailed Vincent on the 19th and have had no reply

Vincent,

It appears my xtreme is not straight and true, I have enquired on forums and Facebook and thought it maybe beginners wobble, if you look at the second guide
you can see though that the wheel is not straight,i suspected something admits as soon as I got above walking pave. The wheel has received no impacts
outside of standard use and had never been used without the safety leash, I am really disappointed add this is a premium producer at a premium price,
please advise me how you intend to help rectify this.

Regards
Chris slater

Sent from my iPad

I will email again. i had a reply on facebvook saying it was the tyre but that has been checked and reseated just to be sure and has made no difference, i am just glad i payed on my credit card so i have some insurance cover.

This is my Firewheel tire shot at 120FPS and slowed down, I rode it like that for a couple of weeks, no wobbles but clearly noticeable vibration. Settled a lot better with a couple of deflations & inflations & using soap-water between the tire and the rim. Still light vibration, but nothing that affects my riding or is that noticeable.

Yes, i see that, i have had a guy check the tyre as well as checking it myself and it is sitting perfectly, i am as is the mechanic sure it is the rim not quite true, if the wheel was not a 2500 euro item i might be less worried but it is and i expect it to be near perfect which it certainly is far from, at speed it really is very noticeable when you are riding. 

New wheel coming when next stock in, faith restored in Solowheel eu  customer service.

Archived