Jump to content

Overload. Please Get Off. Glide 3 / V8


Keith Hennessy
 Share

Recommended Posts

As soon as I turn it on it says "Overload. Please get off." Then shuts off. Sometimes there is a weird vibration/noise and sometimes not.

This happened after I took it apart to fix a flat tire. I've put it back together 3x, following the InMotion video, but can't see anything I'm doing wrong.

Help?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe a cable is wrongly connected? It's easy to make the same small error in a row when doing such things. Or a cable is damaged?

Is the wheel fully charged so the overload alarm would make sense? What was its state when it worked last, and what happened in the mean time (like charging)?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

eWheels just got back to me saying that this happens when motor wires get pinched or compressed.

Quote

It was working beautifully before I took it apart to fix the flat tire. Yes it's fully charged. I just opened it up again and can't find any compressed wires. I tried turning it on without putting the outer panel back on and it still happened, so if there's a wire pinched it's inside somewhere and not at the electric panel.

 

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

This is the exact same issue I'm having with my V8, only mine hasn't been opened up so can't be a pinched wire, the only thing I can think of is the charger overcharged it, mine says "Please Repair" & that grinding/vibration noise then shuts off - It was fine before being fully charged from about 30% (I unplug when charger shows green & don't leave it on for any long time like overnight). 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Hi, i have few times this issue but for me have some sense... It happen only when i have 100% baterry and i go down some big hills and i use regenerative brake.. Baterry îs 100% so excesive regenerative energy don't have where to go.. I think so..

i go down for few seconds and i start again but i dont use excesive regenerative energy and everything its ok.. If i have lower battery than 100% i dont have problems on the same route. 

Edited by lucian75
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, lucian75 said:

It happen only when i have 100% baterry and i go down some big hills and i use regenerative brake.

This is correct behavior--the wheel protecting itself from overcharging. Suggestion: charge it to 90% (better for the battery in any case.) Or if you're at 100% and need to go down a hill, then mess around ... ride in circles, practice idling, go up a hill if there is one available ... to use up some electricity, like 5% or something. THEN go down the hill.

These wheels don't have mechanical brakes, so the only braking they have is regenerative braking. 

Edited by erk1024
added text
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/22/2019 at 6:06 PM, erk1024 said:

These wheels don't have mechanical brakes, so the only braking they have is regenerative braking. 

That's most likely not true. When strong deceleration is required, most modern wheels brake without charging the battery, at least that's where all available information hints at. See for example

 

Edited by Mono
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/28/2019 at 1:35 AM, Mono said:

When strong deceleration is required, most modern wheels brake without charging the battery

Never seen such behaviour on V8. This example with wheel which is not transmits negative currents. Decreasing speed with voltage sag doesn't means braking, it also may mean hill, viscous surface or something like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, palachzzz said:

Never seen such behaviour on V8.

For me, hard braking is the number one cause to immediately see the battery indicator drop on my V8. That seems to be very difficult to explain of braking were regenerative.

Edited by Mono
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 12:24 PM, John Genx Corless said:

This is the exact same issue I'm having with my V8, only mine hasn't been opened up so can't be a pinched wire, the only thing I can think of is the charger overcharged it, mine says "Please Repair" & that grinding/vibration noise then shuts off - It was fine before being fully charged from about 30% (I unplug when charger shows green & don't leave it on for any long time like overnight). 

My V8 was fixed with a replacement motor - I contacted inmotion, uploaded my logs & they confirmed it was a faulty motor - they sent out a replacement which I fitted in January & it's been flawless since :-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/30/2019 at 5:04 PM, Mono said:

For me, hard braking is the number one cause to immediately see the battery indicator drop on my V8. That seems to be very difficult to explain of braking were regenerative.

Not possible. Indicator update once per 10sec, like voltage in app. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2019 at 10:22 PM, palachzzz said:

Not possible. Indicator update once per 10sec, like voltage in app. 

I have seen the impossible then :D

When I wrote immediate drop, I didn't meant to say a drop within milliseconds. I often see a drop the next time I check the indicator. Of course I don't constantly stare at the battery indicator while I train emergency braking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...