Is the Inward Bank Angle on the MSX Uncomfortable?

Pedal inward inclination preference  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Pedal inward inclination preference

• I'm fine with the present 15° inward bank for long rides
    • Would prefer how it was before on the MSuper V3s+, a 5-7°

43 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I really enjoy riding all my wheels with very little contact on the pads. The MSX forces you to make contact on the pads which becomes uncomfortable on your calf. The wheel preforms beautifully with this angle, the problem is it forces you to rub on the pads.

8 hours ago, The Wheel Plug said:

i think changing it back would be taking a step back from progress, this is how you can have amazing pedal clearance while still placing the center of balance low.

The above statements are exactly what the whole thing is about... I think the Issues need to be put into 2 specific categories... 1 is the comfort/pressure on your upper calf, the other is discomfort or pain in your foot and ankle caused by the angle your foot is set at. Modifying pads or using softness modes or other changes are specific to the type of discomfort we are experiencing, and my personal opinion is that most everyone can make small adjustments and get used to this great wheel over time without GW making permanent changes... :)

Won’t vote for the poll. Typical Gotway, drastic changes, all or nothing. 15 degrees is far steeper than any other (current) wheel, but 7 would be way off the current nature of the MSX making it feel almost like a V10F!

11 degrees works very well for me. It is still a fair angle and has all the benefits of a steeper angle, but it doesn’t force my foot in a bad position inside the shoe.

7 would work only if GW also provided shims that when inserted between the pedal hinge would let you choose the angle that works best for you.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Won’t vote for the poll. Typical Gotway, drastic changes, all or nothing. 15 degrees is far steeper than any other (current) wheel, but 7 would be way off the current nature of the MSX making it feel almost like a V10F!

11 degrees works very well for me. It is still a fair angle and has all the benefits of a steeper angle, but it doesn’t force my foot in a bad position inside the shoe.

7 would work only if GW also provided shims that when inserted between the pedal hinge would let you choose the angle that works best for you.

I agree, there is good chance Gotway will create the opposite problem which would be harder to fix.

I like the MSX angle.

If we are working on improving the Gotway pedals I have a problem with The pedals bending or wearing flat. (Losing the V). It is pretty easy to see that the hinge is a weak point in the system. The pivot piont is too close to the mechanical stop. Just a few thousands of an inch change in the hinge strike point and the pedal angle changes drastically. I will not ride my daughters MSuper because I am afraid I will bend it too. 

I weigh 220 and do not drop off curbs..........anymore. 

Why not manufacture some pedals with the 10 degree or whatever angle and sell them or even allow a selection between 15 or 10 degree when ordering a wheel. Maybe that's the idea? An adjustable allen key type shim would be good to allow us to adjust the angle.

I'd buy some nice flat pedals, as it is i plan to file mine down this weekend the pedal angle makes the wheel very uncomfortable. 

I love the angle and hope it's baked into future performance wheels. It gives me confidence when hanging off the side during high speed flat turns. I also feel it helps with bringing wobbles under control. After 2 weeks of daily riding I did have some pain in my right knee but that went away a few days later and could've been due to numerous things, including the increase in wheel weight. 

Archived