King Song app consumes too much phone battery juice

Ruslan

Hi all!

Last week I have bought used KS16s from marcglider.

Still learning how to ride.

The wheel works fine. My question to the community is that why would the KingSong app consume that much battery juice? See attached screenshot from my phone.

Does everyone who uses KingSong app have this problem? Even when I don't use the wheel the app still consumes insane amount of the battery juice even if the app is closed. 

My phone can't really last a day now :/

Application KingSong 1.08

Screenshot_2018-09-12-00-55-32.png

9 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Does everyone who uses KingSong app have this problem?

I can't speak for everyone, but I have the same issues. There's a bit deeper thread on it in the KS area, here:

New KS Android app v1.52

I did exactly what @Bob Eisenman suggested and can confirm that for me the KS app was the culprit.

Yesterday was the first time I actually used the app with the wheel but I had installed it a few days earlier. I, like some others in the thread, are "force stopping" the app from the App panel in the Settings widget, after using it to prevent exactly what you're talking about. Yes it's a pain, but it seems from my reading that KS is pretty responsive to feedback. Hoping that they might be working on a fix now(though I haven't actually seen that, to be clear.) @US69 , @Jason McNeil Do you guys know anything more about the battery-eating KS app issues?

9 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Still learning how to ride.

I'm in the same boat (should this cliche be "on the same wheel" or would just that be weird?)  Yesterday was my first time on an EUC ever. Much fun, despite my little progress as of yet.  

Best of luck Ruslan! 

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, Seware74 said:

at you're talking about. Yes it's a pain, but it seems from my reading that KS is pretty responsive to feedback. Hoping that they might be working on a fix now(though I haven't actually seen that, to be clear.) @US69 , @Jason McNeil Do you guys know anything more about the battery-eating KS app issues?

Sorry, that's all Long time known issue, as the app is using Maps to save your drives and so has a Steady GPS/Location usage...

My solution to this Problem is just that i stop "GPS/Location" after i started the app. (Or just use 3rd Party apps like wheellog or Darkness Bot)

A new app from a new developer is in the work, and should be on the market end of the year. Sorry i cant help more!

Thanks everyone for the answers!

Little update: the app version that I used is 1.5

One more question, I was trying to write a pm to one of the forum members and a popup forum messages says: 

"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later." How can I increase the number of messages to send per day? Thank you!

3 hours ago, Ruslan said:

Thanks everyone for the answers!

Little update: the app version that I used is 1.5

One more question, I was trying to write a pm to one of the forum members and a popup forum messages says: 

"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later." How can I increase the number of messages to send per day? Thank you!

I have to go to settings and select stop or the app draws battery like crazy.

To send pm you have to have a certain number of posts, or upvotes, can't remember which exactly, try again now.

I don't know if your version of android supports it, but there's an option to limit or stop the app from running in the background. Newer versions of android also allows you to set permission for certain functions such as location (GPS) on a per-app basis.

Screenshot_20180914-074742.png

Screenshot_20180914-180059.png

Archived