When and where to ride a Mten?

Noam

I test rode my MTen for distance on a half charge earlier this afternoon - just to make sure I'm okay with it.  Not too far, but rode over an hour total.  I didn't have my usual foam padding so I wrapped this towel and used my belt to secure it - heh he.  :lol:

IMG_6489.thumb.JPG.5fc24188d1ebad043f76c

Hah!  It's mostly towel and a slight bit of wheel...  You can imagine the admiration of onlookers.

• Upvote 1

I normally use pool noodles already - I got a couple of children's leather belts and it fits perfectly around - I use two belts threaded through shorter pieces of pool noodles which are also carved to fit better - for a total of 4 pool noodles, two on each side.  Oh it's on my avatar picture - probably hard to see.  I don't know where I put it so I used the towel.  I'm gonna ride it again at the end of today this time with full charge but still wearing the towel.

@Noam  when you tried the MTen and found it almost impossible to ride, when you add the side support of pads it becomes much easier as you have feedback from touching the pads - usually folks use 2-inch thick pads which is a heck of a lot - okay, maybe 1.5-inch on each side.  When you do this it will be so easy to ride and then it becomes the most agile wheel imaginable - you can pivot on a dime practically - I mean you can make a U-turn at any time in the smallest amount of space compared to any normal sized wheel (14-inch or bigger).  It makes sense being 10-inch but still a revelation when you do it...

more towel coming up... I'm gonna bunch 'em thicker.

• Upvote 1

@Tilmann  Nice - where can I get those German kneepads?  :)

Hi @castShadow,

Make is "Planam", product number is 9901027. Found them on ebay: http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=planam+9901027&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=planam+9901027&_sacat=0

It's an add-on to some certified workers pants. So far, I can't say much regarding long term comfort and durability. 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

I don't know why they did not remove the listings but when you inquire, they say there's no more stock and it's no longer in production.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, castShadow said:

Very interesting.  Do you know if they are on DHGate also?  There is a seller over there of the older versions.

2 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Maybe if we search deep among the sellers but most of them do not maintain stocks and buy only on per order basis.

This seller on DHGate seems to have a fine collection of GotWay leftovers: http://de.dhgate.com/wholesale/products/ff80808149e1e9d7014a0a2f6aea5171.html

I wonder, whether "Jane19890108" may be our good ol' @Jane Mo??

2 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

This seller on DHGate seems to have a fine collection of GotWay leftovers: http://de.dhgate.com/wholesale/products/ff80808149e1e9d7014a0a2f6aea5171.html

I wonder, whether "Jane19890108" may be our good ol' @Jane Mo??

I talked to Jane the other day in Taobao. Their shop is MW Motors. She said there's no more stock. Yep she's the same Jane on DHGate.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

I talked to Jane the other day in Taobao. Their shop is MW Motors. She said there's no more stock. Yep she's the same Jane on DHGate.

Thanks for the info! 

So, she probably found a few more wheels when cleaning out the basement, huh? :D

• Upvote 1

I ordered my Mten2 in summer without knowing production had already stopped. It looked brand new, but the battery failed after the first charge and the repair shop found strong corrosion inside the battery pack being the cause. So, the thought crossed our minds, that this pack may not have been the freshest one. 

But then GotWay agreed without debate to have it replaced in country at their expense. As that battery pack was custom built for me anyway, I could upgrade the cells for a moderate surcharge and probably own the one and only Mten >340Wh in the known universe now :wub::D:wub:.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Tilmann said:

I ordered my Mten2 in summer without knowing production had already stopped. It looked brand new, but the battery failed after the first charge and the repair shop found strong corrosion inside the battery pack being the cause. So, the thought crossed our minds, that this pack may not have been the freshest one. 

But then GotWay agreed without debate to have it replaced in country at their expense. As that battery pack was custom built for me anyway, I could upgrade the cells for a moderate surcharge and probably own the one and only Mten >340Wh in the known universe now :wub::D:wub:.

Take care and do not skid the wheels too much. You own a legacy now. :D

Snip-----

Edited by SlowMo

6 hours ago, Tilmann said:

As that battery pack was custom built for me anyway, I could upgrade the cells for a moderate surcharge and probably own the one and only Mten >340Wh in the known universe now :wub::D:wub:.

How much over 340Wh have they managed to squeeze in?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Gimlet said:

How much over 340Wh have they managed to squeeze in?

If memory serves, the MTen has 16S2P -pack, and 1RadWerkstatt uses LG MJ1's (3.5Ah) as their largest cells, so 60V * 3.5Ah * 2 = 420Wh.