Edmonton Canada

Edmsuper

Just ordered my first electric unicycle. I live in Edmonton, Canada. 

Wondering if there is anyone else in the city that might be interested in going for a ride and giving me some pointers once I get my unit. 

Expecting to receive possibly by end of June. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sure, I can meet you sometime once you get your wheel, depending on my schedule.  Also, there is another person (Terry) I've run into who made a site, www.yegwheel.com who also rides in Edmonton.  He told me he would like to try to organize a group ride as well.

Edited by Xoltri
  • Like 1

Awesome to hear of another Edmonton rider. I'd be more than happy to give you whatever help I can, I've been riding for less than a year but I have just passed 8,000 km, and on my fourth wheel, hard to believe.

I have a little rig that  might be of use when learning to ride, basically it's a walker modified to be a bit taller and with four wheels so one can do some very low speed practice stuff including getting used to mounting and taking off.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, yegwheel said:

Awesome to hear of another Edmonton rider. I'd be more than happy to give you whatever help I can, I've been riding for less than a year but I have just passed 8,000 km, and on my fourth wheel, hard to believe.

I have a little rig that  might be of use when learning to ride, basically it's a walker modified to be a bit taller and with four wheels so one can do some very low speed practice stuff including getting used to mounting and taking off.

Sounds great. Always happy to meet more people in the area. I am still waiting for my wheel. In the meantime @Voltri has offered to let me try his out once he gets his tire repaired. Will see how that initial try goes to guage what I will need to do to get up and cruising on my own wheel. 

Yeah still waiting on an inner tube.  Vancouver EUC didn't have any, and I ordered 2 from smartwheel.ca but then they told me after that they were out of stock as well.  They say they should be getting some in mid to end of next week and will ship it quick via UPS.

Oversight on my part, I should've got an extra tube a long time ago.  Especially sucks since I did the MS bike tour this past weekend and I wanted a break from my bike.  I am ordering the MSuperX from ewheels.com when it comes in, so if it is in soon I will just add the tubes to that order, but shipping from there is $50 US for the two tubes alone and I don't want to spend that much for just that.

I'd love to check out the MSuperX sometime, it would be very interesting to compare it with my ACM2. It seems like the specs are pretty similar except for wheel size. I'm wondering if its larger size/height might make it a better wheel for next winter.

2 hours ago, Xoltri said:

Yeah still waiting on an inner tube.  Vancouver EUC didn't have any, and I ordered 2 from smartwheel.ca but then they told me after that they were out of stock as well.  They say they should be getting some in mid to end of next week and will ship it quick via UPS.

Oversight on my part, I should've got an extra tube a long time ago.  Especially sucks since I did the MS bike tour this past weekend and I wanted a break from my bike.  I am ordering the MSuperX from ewheels.com when it comes in, so if it is in soon I will just add the tubes to that order, but shipping from there is $50 US for the two tubes alone and I don't want to spend that much for just that.

Ya I might try to order a spare for my own new wheel. And if it comes in before you can get yours your welcome to try it out. As is @yegwheel

• Like 1

Maybe we should target a date for sometime in July to have everyone meet up? I'm thinking after everyone has got up and running on their summer rides. If we  could find a viable date we could start looking for other Edmonton wheel folk who are not on here yet.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, yegwheel said:

Maybe we should target a date for sometime in July to have everyone meet up? I'm thinking after everyone has got up and running on their summer rides. If we  could find a viable date we could start looking for other Edmonton wheel folk who are not on here yet.

Sounds fun.  My schedule is still a bit up in the air, but as we get nearer I'll be able to confirm a date.  Don't know yet when I will get my wheel, still waiting for the order to ship, once it ships it should not take very long I think.

• Like 1

@Xoltri you need to change your username to EdmXoltri or YEGXoltri.  Geez Louise you Edmontonians sure like the fact you live in Edmonton!  :lol:  Just don't let it get to your head, and remember it ain't Calgary.  :whistling:

Edited by Hunka Hunka Burning Love
  • Upvote 1

Haha, I guess we do!  I've been riding for 4 years here now, looks like it's finally starting to catch on.

You are right it ain't Calgary.  Calgary is a great place to visit, wouldn't want to live there ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm going to try running a weekly drop-in on Sunday mornings at 10am, the first one to be be Sunday August 5th, at the Ritchie park, which has a nice little arena and is surrounded by quiet residential roads and has the nearby Mill Creek ravine. I'll bring down all my functioning wheels (V5F, V8, ACM2) so people can try them out, as well as my walker/training tool, cones and whatnot so we can work on skill development to start out with, and maybe add some field trips once we have a quorum of skilled-enough riders, know what range/terrain etc works for people.. I'll also bring over an air gauge, pump, cameras, and such so we can do maintenance, take some photos/videos etc. There's a nice coffee shop a couple of blocks away as well.

Thinking to try the Sunday morning time/day for the first couple of weeks and then tweak the time/day/frequency/location depending on how that goes.

I'll do a walk-through this Sunday to make sure all is copacetic, and post some pictures of the venue this Sunday night.

tl;dr: Ritchie Park Arena (7724 98St) on Sunday August 5th at 10am.

• Upvote 1

Video from this morning's test session for Sunday morning sessions. Apologies for the vertical video, miscommunication with the videographer... But all in all it went well; we played a round a bit in the ring, worked on a few skill things, gave tutorials to a couple of interested passers-by, and took a quick jaunt into the ravine to finish it all off. On the straight-away back you can notice a small board put in as obstacle. For next week have a few more of those in  different heights.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, yegwheel said:

Video from this morning's test session for Sunday morning sessions. Apologies for the vertical video, miscommunication with the videographer... But all in all it went well; we played a round a bit in the ring, worked on a few skill things, gave tutorials to a couple of interested passers-by, and took a quick jaunt into the ravine to finish it all off. On the straight-away back you can notice a small board put in as obstacle. For next week have a few more of those in  different heights.

Good idea!  Unfortunately I'm busy for the next several weekends but will try to make it later in August.

On 7/27/2018 at 12:55 PM, yegwheel said:

I'm going to try running a weekly drop-in on Sunday mornings at 10am, the first one to be be Sunday August 5th, at the Ritchie park, which has a nice little arena and is surrounded by quiet residential roads and has the nearby Mill Creek ravine. I'll bring down all my functioning wheels (V5F, V8, ACM2) so people can try them out, as well as my walker/training tool, cones and whatnot so we can work on skill development to start out with, and maybe add some field trips once we have a quorum of skilled-enough riders, know what range/terrain etc works for people.. I'll also bring over an air gauge, pump, cameras, and such so we can do maintenance, take some photos/videos etc. There's a nice coffee shop a couple of blocks away as well.

Thinking to try the Sunday morning time/day for the first couple of weeks and then tweak the time/day/frequency/location depending on how that goes.

I'll do a walk-through this Sunday to make sure all is copacetic, and post some pictures of the venue this Sunday night.

tl;dr: Ritchie Park Arena (7724 98St) on Sunday August 5th at 10am.

I'd also be happy to stop by, but away the next couple of weekends.